Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before - I'll say it again while we are talking about Celtic.

BOBO BALDE.

Big Strong - Long Stride and great at timing tackles. Good in the air and comes with a good chant -

"Bobo's gonna get ya Bobo's gonna get ya"

Fernando Cavenaghi, ex River Plate like our own JPA, is a possibility up front with a half decent record in Europe. Heard he was Serie A bound (alledgedly being tracked by Milan & Juve if you believe everything you read in the papers) earlier in the season but nothing seemed to come of it. On approx £30k a week at Spartak so not sure if Doug would stretch to it, but an interesting name to put in the melting pot with the rest

The Russian teams are a relatively unknown and untapped market at present with only Chelsea buying both Jarosik (who looks very useful from the bits i've seen of him, although admittedly he is always likely to be in Makele's shadow given his current form) and Smertin (who I haven't really seen a great deal of) I think teams often fear the adaptation to the English game would be a problem, plus the unpriven status of many players makes them a large gamble.

I think teams often fear the adaptation to the English game would be a problem,

Hmm, I remember thinking when we bought Angel and then Bosko that the Eastern European game was likely to be a better preparation for the premiership than the South American!

I still think people like Baros, Biscan, Smertin and Gera have shown us that Eastern Europeans can adapt well to the British game.

While we are talkin about about Russian teams, anyone heard of Vagner Love who plays for CSKA Moscow?

He's great on FM :winkold:

He's scored quite a few goals in Spartak's run to the UEFA semi's

here's a suggestion... as it's been reported today that Liverpool have agreed an £8m deal to sign the Spanish keeper Reina, why don't we take Chris Kirkland off their hands???

I know he's injury prone but the lads young and more importantly a shit hot keeper to boot! they've also signed Carson so Ck's days must be numbered up there!

Just a thought..........

Specualtion on the Leeds boards about Bakke being considered by DOL.

Also, just read that Seth Johnson was blocked from making his 60th appearance for Leeds because they will have to pay Derby 250k.

Apparantly they want him off the wage bill along with Bakke.

Worthwhile squad players or not?

Bolton again........

Bolton Wanderers are closing in on a deal for Malaga defender Juanito.

The stopper is out of contract at the end of the season and could be heading to The Reebok Stadium on a free transfer.

The Trotters have been chasing Juanito for some time and his agent Ramon Arasa travelled to Bolton for further talks last week.

Arasa was finalising the economic aspect of Bolton's offer with a minimum of a four-year contract believed to be on the table.

Juanito's representative, though, is set to hold further discussions with Malaga before confirming where the 25-year-old will play next season.

"We are still awaiting a definitive response from Malaga so we can evaluate everything before we make a final decision," Arasa told skysports.com.

"We only want to know what is the best thing for the player."

Juanito has already rejected Malaga's final offer of a new four-year deal but the signs suggest there could still be room for manoeuvre.

Celta Vigo and Deportivo La Coruna have also made bids for Juanito but their offers are inferior to the one from The Reebok Stadium.

The centre half, who can also play in midfield, does not want to dwell on his future as he prepares for more talks with his agent.

Juanito said: "I am waiting for my agent to travel to Malaga in the next few days to find a solution for my future."