Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

i was just considering who i want to go down, the baggies so we can have zoltan gera or southhampton so we can have olivier bernard. I'd like em both ideally, creative midfielder and a new full back. nice

Hasn't Bernerd been extremely poor for Southampton this season.? I think he has forgotten how to defend.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasn't Bernerd been extremely poor for Southampton this season.? I think he has forgotten how to defend.

He should fit in with our current fullbacks then!!!!! :winkold: :winkold: :winkold:

What's the latest bull in the sunday tabloids today???

Writing Stead off is a bit harsh - he came from the 4th division and performed excellently helping to keep them up, and is playing in a truly shite Blackburn team this year. He's still their 4th top scorer (behind Dickov, Pedersen and Emerton.)

To see how good Ashton is, have a look at where Crewe were when he left and where they are now. He's an immense talent and we were daft not to bid for him when Norwich did. To write a player off as a one season wonder in the season they're doing well is ridiculous. Ask any crewe fan if he' a one season wonder, i'm sure they won't agree. he has proven that he can do well in the top league and would be an excellent acquisition for the club.

according to SkySports:

Aston Villa are the latest English club to be credited with an interest in Espanyol's highly-rated defender Albert Lopo.

David O'Leary's side are rumoured to have sent an agent and scout to see the centre back feature in the 3-0 win against Numancia at the weekend.

The Catalan club appreciate the fact that Lopo's contract expires in 2006 and are believed to be willing to discuss a transfer if they cannot tie him to fresh terms.

Manchester United have watched the 25-year-old but have yet to make a decision over whether to bid for the player.

Villa are reportedly willing to open the bidding for Lopo and could be the mystery club the Spaniard has referred to in his most recent statement to the media.

"There have been negotiations with several teams but there is one in particular we are speaking to at the moment," he said.

"It would always be nice to play for a top side in England but, at the moment, I do not have an offer.

"At the end of the day, it is down to Espanyol, as I am under contract to them, and whether they receive an attractive offer."

Lopo has been linked with a number of Premiership clubs in the past but Villa's name is a new one in the frame.

A new 'experienced' CB to compliment Mellberg and Laursen is needed IMO. Ridgewell is good but at times has looked desperately amateur, i'd like to see Cahill have another loan spell before throwing him into the team.

To see how good Ashton is, have a look at where Crewe were when he left and where they are now. He's an immense talent and we were daft not to bid for him when Norwich did. To write a player off as a one season wonder in the season they're doing well is ridiculous. Ask any crewe fan if he' a one season wonder, i'm sure they won't agree. he has proven that he can do well in the top league and would be an excellent acquisition for the club.

Well said, Melv.

And where did Platty come from? :winkold:

What's more, Ashton fits the old style of Villa centre-forward that's still got it's place in the Prem.

Gimme Malbranque, rightback, leftback, Ashton, left winger and bring on young Cahill.... AAAAND sign up Luke! Then i will shut up :)

Imagine if Villa could be a bit consistent and determined regarding their summer purchases. Signing them up straight away, and getting a full pre-season. Guess that wont happen....

Had a look on teletext last night it seems a player that many have talked about on here as a player we should sign has become available . The team and player i am talking about is Wolfsburg and the player is called allessandro ( not sure how u spell it ) but it seems the club wish to off load him in the summer. A possible maybe purchase but is probably out of are reach anybody know anything more about him ? I presume nuremberg is the best person to ask

Had a look on teletext last night it seems a player that many have talked about on here as a player we should sign has become available . The team and player i am talking about is Wolfsburg and the player is called allessandro ( not sure how u spell it ) but it seems the club wish to off load him in the summer. A possible maybe purchase but is probably out of are reach anybody know anything more about him ? I presume nuremberg is the best person to ask

A lot of people on here know quite a lot about D'alessandro - Ryu for one... I haven't seen that much of him at Wolfsburg, but they signed him from River Plate where the boy was a bit special...

Here's the story on Sporting Life:

Wolfsburg will listen to offers for Argentina midfielder Andres D'Alessandro after coach Eric Gerets admitted to becoming frustrated with the player's attitude.

D'Alessandro, Wolfsburg's record signing when he joined the club from River Plate for £6.2million in 2003, is currently unavailable for action after taking nutritional additives that are not recognised by the club and could breach doping regulations.

He has hardly been missed, however, as this season he has made just 17 appearances, netting three goals.

His first year in the Bundesliga was not much better with a record of three goals in 29 games.

"I like Andres and have tried for a long time to protect him, but I can't give him preferential treatment over the rest of the squad," Gerets told the Wolfsburger Nachrichten newspaper.

"I need calm and normality to work for next season and if there are certain players who cannot work with that, then we will do it without them."