Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PSV has a couple of exciting wingers. Farfan and Beasley isnt it? Could be worth a shot...

Didnt want to ruin the Barry thread, but you talked about wingers....

My suggestions (no links with reality whatsoever). Btw I have little knowledge of the overseas leagues and more importantly dont play CM :?

GK. Kiely ( I think DOL will stick with Tommy S)

Defence. O'Shea, Clement, Kronkamp ( all doubtful )

Midfield. Van Bommel, Parker, Hargreaves, Petrov ( Parker and Petrov first choice and more likely than the other 2 ). Take Berger to replace Hitz.

Winger/Creative. Boa Morte, Saviola, Van Der Vaart ( none likely)

Striker. Baros, Yakubu, Oliveira ( Probably none of these either :( )

I suspect a summer of :bang: and the excuse that we couldn't get the players the manager wanted so we'll bide our time :bang::bang::bang:

Great suggestions Bully but sadly, as you say, we will not get any of these. I can also think up aload of poxy excuses that Ellis will come up with, but then again, if he's telling the truth...

I see Leroy Lita scored another two on Saturday.

I know weve scouted him and he looks to be a class act with 30 goals this season at 20/21.

Worth a punt at a million squid or so.

ah but we cant gamble on young lower league players...

heaven forbid, they may turn into earnshaw or ashton!

(i think its a great idea personally... half a mil to a mil for a decent young player who is obviously a decent finisher, who could blossom into a superstar.... and if not, we wont have wasted loads...)

Yep. Although we would still need to buy a first choice striker too.

Lita could then have time to find his feet or we could even loan him out to a Championship team to further his development.

Plus... he's destined for greatness with a name like that.

Saw Leroy Lita hit a hat-trick against Torquay earlier this season, his finishing was immaculate that day and he's a cocky git to go with it, just enough to wind even the most placcid Torquay fan up. Its questionable whether we should take a punt though in that we have Luke Moore coming through.

Ultimately I think DOL is looking for a big man (hence Carlton Cole this year and the link with Beattie) for when Juan is out of form (as he has been this year) or injured (which he also has beent his year)

Lita doesn't really fill this mould as he's more of a movement player like Owen (although in fairness Lita did win a fair share of headers in the Torquay game, but the yellows back 4 is crap!) If Vassell was to be sold then Lita would definitely be amongst the names I'd like to see linked but in terms of a stand-in for Angel then I don't think hes the man for the job.

He's only a kid though and he's powerfully built.

I think he has a bright future and he has that swagger and arrogance that strikers need.

If Vassell had more of that he would be world class.

Going back to Stead-1 goal in 20 plus apps nuff said.

I wouldn't mind Oliver Bernard in as back up for samuel but then he would want first team football. I think a sriker that can put the ball in the net would do me fine.

Interest point Hanky although Crouch's record wasn't exactly prolific for villa before he went to Southampton, not by any means abdecating that we buy Stead just making a counter point to the idea that just because a striker doesn't work in one team doesn't mean the same will happen for another, Beattie not scoring freely at Everton being another example. Each case should be judged on its merits and Stead's isn't as clean cut as you suggest