Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember Torrado from Mexico in the last World Cup? Star of that team, hard tackling midfielder, fluent passer with either foot. Was playing for Sevilla, almost signed for Everton, don't know why it fell through - possibly work permit issues, but he now has a Spanish passport.

Just in case we need another midfielder :)

They're not very similar as football players either, from what I've seen of them.

Absolutely miles apart. And to be honest, on totally different stratospheres.

Whilst recognising Bowyer has his talents as a hardworking Premiership midfielder, D'alessandro has the potential to be an absolute superstar.

He was magnificent at River, just brilliant.

If he could turn out to be an Aimar then potentially you could have a bargain buy on your hands.

Yeah DS, and DOL can sort out attitudes quick smart, plus his coaching techniques are highly thought of. Let's cross our fingers :)

I'm surprised that Villa haven't inquired about D'Alessandro, and hope its been done privately.

This is a player of tremendous pedigree: several championships with River Plate, Youth World Cup winner, Olympic gold winner. He is the kind of creative wizard we've been looking for since Merson left, has played as either a '10' or a left winger, successfully at the international level, and is still only 23 or 24. Also, while he is small in stature, he has the classic Argie "fiber like bull" composition and gets intensely stuck in.

He left River to go to Wolfsburg - so its not like he has a tremendous ego or would look down on a move to Villa. He's gotten into quite a row with his manager at Wolfsburg, and the Argie papers say he'd be happy with a move but isn't going to ruffle any feathers himself. Wolfsburg would want to recoup their USD $9M investment, and likely make some profit. Thanks to the exchange rates right now (they bought him before the appreciation of the Euro), Villa could probably get him for bargain.

According to Ole, Hamburg are preparing a bid - HAMBURG - Villa can beat anything they've got, AND we've got three of the most prominent players in South America here to help him acclimitize to the Prem. Even if he came only to settle in England with the help of our trio and then moved on, we'd finally make a profit on a signing and have a prodigy for a season.

C'mon Villa have some sense!

Yes, he certainly looks the business Ryu.

The "only" trouble is, as DOL might see it, the time lost by S American players on international duty, which already causes us a problem with 3.

Well, we all want Parker and a decent striker but the truth be known we can't offer european football and as is often the case we will be looking at players from the relegated teams (and congrats to West Brom). So who would you fancy from the teams that have been relegated.

Obviously Johnson from Palace would be a priority but again we would be beaten to his signature, I think Ashton has looked good but I don't think there is anyone else from Norwich.

Routledge and Soares would be cheap if not free and may boost the squad and from Southampton I guess Phillips but no more than a million please, would Crouch want to come back and how about LeSaux as a back up left-back. What do you think?

Steed Malbranque was brilliant today, as he was in his last game. Just shows that form is temporary, class is permanent.....we should definitely bid for him, he is so much better than any of our current midfielders.

Graeme Le Saux has retired and I don't think I'm alone in having not wanting him anyway. Ashton would be the best of those available but don't think he'd work to well with Angel and having seen some peoples reaction to Cole because he didn't partner Juan very well (despite both! being off-form), I'd fear for Ashton's confidence, but I'm sure DOL has a better idea of what we need than I do so I sit and wait to be pleasantly surprised!

ashton needs to be bought quick, otherwise i can see either chelski or arse buying him and loaning him to norwich for the season and then having him in the starting line up once another years experience.

parker is a must buy, he can play most places and is a david platt sort of player

malbranque im not sure about, he does do some great things but how many midfielders have we already got and bearing in mind berson is ' only for certain games and passes the ball too much' can you see d'ol buying another?

yakubu or owen would be the last choice, i think the 20 million newcastle thing is all rubbish, the money isnt as free flowing as it once was. so i think owen could be got for 8 to 10 million ( alledgedly 1/2 our budget although no numbers have been put forward officially by the board) either would be worth it as they can both produce their own goals from little.

oh and carlton cole?? no thank you.

Sccording to the meaning evil we are set to follow the signing of Berger imminently with Scott Parker and Robert Huth from Chelsea and Kevin Phillips from Soton for £2m. If we add another striker such as Bellamy/ Forsell/Baros or Ashton to these additions then I will be happy.

Shame it's the meaning evil fuse, absolute wank paper. If true, add Bellamy/Baros, Petrov, D'Allesandro, and 2 full backs and I will be delighted :cheers: :winkold:

Sccording to the meaning evil we are set to follow the signing of Berger imminently with Scott Parker and Robert Huth from Chelsea and Kevin Phillips from Soton for £2m. If we add another striker such as Bellamy/ Forsell/Baros or Ashton to these additions then I will be happy.

Where did you hear that or is it what you hope?