Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani believes the Rossoneri will lose out to Barcelona in the fight to sign Dutch international midfielder Mark van Bommel.

PSV Eindhoven captain Van Bommel impressed against Milan in the first leg of the Champions League semi-final on Tuesday night, but Galliani is adamant the 28-year-old is bound for the Nou Camp.

"I believe that he will be a Barcelona player," Galliani told El Mundo Deportivo, before dismissing suggestions the snub is a blow to coach Carlo Ancelotti's plans for next season.

"We already have good players in that zone of the pitch."

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno who your source is on this but its rubbish, spoken with Scott and as far as he's concerned any deal with regards his future is far from clear-cut, although he wants to stay and play at Chelsea which is udnerstandable considering the players they have and the way they're playing, sense someone somewhere has led you up a garden path

Have you bollocks. :)

My source is pretty reliable. Take it or leave it but seeing as hes been right with every signing weve made in the last three yaers I'm going to trust him, thanks.

I assure you I did speak to Mr Parker at Chelsea's training ground last week and asked him about if he'd heard anything about a transfer. But hey next you'll tell me I didn't have Coco Pops for breakfast this morning! I'm sure your source is normally reliable but on this case doubt he/she is!

I'll put it back on topic as some other seems unable to do so and merely want to draw a response! I'd like to see us sign (obviously within reason!)with approx fees:

Lee Camp (Derby, competition for Tommy) £3m

Ben Futcher (Lincoln, Defender as scouted by DOL) £500k

Phil Jagielka (Sheff Utd) £3m

Steed Malbranque (Fulham) £5m

Patrik Berger (Pompey) Free

Striker (£6-7m) someone like Javier Chavanton with a decent rep, i'll leave DOL to fill in the name :D

From BBC Football web page

"And Portsmouth have already been linked with Chelsea striker Mikael Forssell and midfield trio Leon Osman (Everton), Steve Sidwell (Reading) and Michael Tonge (Sheffield United).

The manager met this week with Mandaric, executive director Velimir Zajec and chief executive Peter Storrie to start planning their transfer activity"

Sounds similar to how Ellis forward plans, except he's normally doing this sort of exercise if at all, in August.

Lets hope if the £20m is true DOL can get on with it before the decent players are already gone.

Most players in the English Premier League are overpriced.

The good young players in the Cocaine-Cola League are also overpriced.

Let's look overseas... I'm sure we can get better value for our little "pot of gold"...

do we need a right back? cahill has been playing there for burnley for the last few months? will he not be pushing delaney for a place, O'Leary has said this kid is showing all the right signs so we do really need to put someone in front of him? we already have delaney, unless u are looking for his replacement?

do we need a right back? cahill has been playing there for burnley for the last few months?

Aren't Cahill and Ridge the natural backups for CB? It's great that he's versatile enought to play in different positions, but we still need cover for RB as well.

If you play your backup CB at RB, what happens when the CB goes down? (as in this season...)

My 'Source' [theres actually two and I'm not trying to be a smart arse. One is a reserve player and the other is somebody who has business with Villa] only mentioned Parker and said there was another Chelsea two chelsea players involved maybe.

He reckoned the negoatiations with Parker and Chelsea are almost wrapped up bar the shouting.

I dont know, I can only say what Ive been told and Ive been more vocal than I told him I would be.

So the only name I can say for sure at the moment is Parker which he said is "a 99% done deal". I dont know what that means exactly but I promise you its what Ive been told.

I've also heard that we have a top scout out in Spain for some reason and that we have also approached Man Utd about a player but he didnt think it was Smith.

Also DOL knows exactly what he can spend and the crap about where he had to shop is a smokescreen. From what I was told we'll try and tie up two major signings as soon as the window opens again followed by a bosman or two.

DOL wants to take his complete squad to Sweden.

Thats it at the moment.