Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes many people said that wouldnt like to take the risk incase he dint work out but he is shinig at norwich and it looks like there going down so i reckon we could get him on the cheap or maybe same priice norwich got him for.

OK, here are my chosen ones (I haven't looked through the rest of the thread, so apologies if there are any duplications)

Goalie: Stuart Taylor from Arsenal.

Defence: I'd love us to get O'Shea but realise that's a bit of a punt.. Phil Neville perhaps? I've quite liked the look of Ryan Nelsen at Blackburn too. Zat Knight from Fulham looks a prospect as does Zesh Rehman (and they are both brummies)

Midfield: Gera from West Brom, Seol from Wolves, Douala from Sporting Lisbon, Malbranque from Fulham all good attacking options

Attack: Alan Smith from Man Utd would give us a bit more spunk. I like Kalou at Feyenoord too.

Yea the Nicky Butt rumour is in some paper. Im guessing everyone rates him as a better player than Djemba-Djemba? Would that mean we have to sell Djemba Djemba, play him and mccann in the middle of the worlds most exciting central midfield? Surely we would need plenty of speed and lots of creativity on the flanks?(Arsenal esq) do we have that? What happens to the likes of Hendrie and Davis?

Personally I dont want villa park to become a revolving door, and i would like to see Djemba given the chance to prove himself. Nicky Butt's move hasnt worked out at Newcastle. Anyway i have a strong feeling he will be joining our neighbours if he is to leave Newcastle.

well if rumours are to be belived scott parker is the number 1 transfer target, (IF)we get him there is no way we will bid for another central midfielder, and i agree with you journeyman i would like to see the twins given a proper run when fit

According to the Mirror today, DOL is interested in geting Butt in the summer for £1.5m.

I don't know what other on VT think but Butt is well past his best and his performance on Sunday made me think he was still wearing a ManUre shirt. He's well past his best, and hasn't performed for the Magpies. If we're going for some mature cheap players, Villa should go for more skilful players than Butt, whose days as a midfield hardman are finished. Although a different type of player, give me Berger anytime.

West Brom boss Bryan Robson said it would take "a massive bid" to even consider selling midfielder Zoltan Gera if they crash out of the Premiership.

The 25-year-old Hungarian has been in top form since joining the Baggies for £1.5m from Ferencvaros last summer.

Robson said: "Zoltan is a smashing lad, with a really good personality. He has made a terrific impact.

"He knows that West Brom gave him a chance in English football and it would take a massive bid to even tempt us."

West Brom chairman Jeremy Peace revealed Gera has no get-out clause in his contract - unlike striker Kanu - to leave if Albion go down.

Peace added: "We brought Zoltan into the club last summer and he has done extremely well for us this season.

"We've got a further two years on his contract with a further year's option on top of that. As far as we are concerned, he is staying with us.

"He is not going anywhere and he has no get-out clause if we go down. The only player with that sort of clause in his contract is Kanu."

For some reason, I hear we already have Butt? Is this true?

I hope not. We don't want another midfielder of Butt's type. Berger I can understand, will add to the squad some skile and ingenuity. Butt not a lot, going on his Newcastle form, just going through the motions and picking up his wages for as little effort as possible :evil: .

Goalie: Stuart Taylor from Arsenal.

What a great shout, and i believe his contract expiers at the end of this season(and i doubt compensation at he is over 23) young, cheap and would push TS and wouldnt mind at 1st starting as a backup.

What a great shout, and i believe his contract expiers at the end of this season(and i doubt compensation at he is over 23) young, cheap and would push TS and wouldnt mind at 1st starting as a backup.

Yes well said i am a strong fan of Taylor

Agree about Taylor. That would be an excellent aquisition.

Just wondering whether DOL would have a go at getting Viduka from Boro.

Something the Cresswells might have been alluding to on another thread got me thinking.

Poor season at Boro (i.e. cheap), great form under DOL, strong, skillful "hold-up" striker.

Decent shout??