Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Not sure is this has been mentioned before - and I ain't gonna read through 12 pages to check - but what about Harry Kewell?

Wouldn't cost the earth and may well leave Scouseland as it hasn't really worked out for him. Quality player when he's playing well, which DOL had him doing at Leeds. Wages could be a problem (surprise, surprise for Villa!) and he wasn't to cmplimentary about his old manager when he left, but maybe.....

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlton are believed to be chasing Corradi (of Valencia) and Pauleta (of PSG) - if they have bids accepted for either of these (which would be highly unlikely) then we should take a closer look

Something for us?

De Ridder set for move

by Graeme Bailey - created on 5 May 2005

A host of Premiership clubs are ready to battle it out for Ajax winger Daniel De Ridder.

The 20-year-old is recognised as a huge talent, but he is struggling to get regular first team football at The Amsterdam ArenA.

De Ridder, who signed a new deal with Ajax in December, is now ready to leave on loan after the Dutch giants gave their approval.

"The ideal scenario is for Daniel to head out on loan for next season and his preference is for a move to England," his representative Karel Jansen told skysports.com.

"He loves the mentality of football in England and wants to experience at least one season in The Premiership.

"Ajax have been very good as they want him to get regular football at a high level, but they do not want to sell him as they recognise him as one of the best talents in Holland."

Newcastle and more recently Tottenham have been linked and Jansen confirmed Spurs did show an interest earlier this season.

"There was some contact from them [spurs] earlier this year, in January," he said.

"The are a number of clubs coming out of England for him and Daniel is a very attractive player for them.

"In February he played for Holland Under-21s at Derby and he played really well, impressing a lot of people.

Where did you hear this? I know he's been strongly linked with them but I've seen nothing confirming the deal has actually been done!

When the story of us having some money first broke DOL said he could now go back in for players he couldn't/didn't get previously - I was sorta hoping the Yak would be one of those!!

Think BigJim is going by bbc report on the website that Mandaric is braced to lose Yak and Middlesbrough are front runners with Steve McClaren all but admitting an interest because if you actually admit an interest you get an FA enquiry unless your owners are very rich

Guardian's Football Unlimited:

"Middlesbrough have completed one of the first major transfers for next season by signing Portsmouth's 22-year-old Nigerian striker Aiyegbeni Yakubu for £6m. No official announcement of the deal has yet been made by either club and Yakubu will play for Portsmouth until the end of the season.But Middlesbrough have reached an agreement with Pompey and with Yakubu's former club Maccabi Haifa, who are entitled to 50%of the transfer fee above the £1.5m they received from Portsmouth two years ago. "

Looks pretty authoritative to me.

Actually I'm a bit surprised by the news. I thought Pompey were going to hold out for more than 6m.

Perhaps they realized in the last window that nobody was going to offer any more.

I know it's been mentioned before, but maybe Dean Ashton might be worth a punt if Norwich go down. He's showed he could score goals in the prem and Crewe haven't won a game since he left.

I know it's been mentioned before, but maybe Dean Ashton might be worth a punt if Norwich go down. He's showed he could score goals in the prem and Crewe haven't won a game since he left.

I think he would be a great signing. Big, strong, good finisher, is now proven in the premiership. One slight problem - heard on the radio today that he says he will stay with Norwich if they get relegated.

I think he would be a great signing. Big, strong, good finisher, is now proven in the premiership. One slight problem - heard on the radio today that he says he will stay with Norwich if they get relegated.

hmm can't help thinking back to last season and ........

Jon Stead

have to agree with you there Lancs ^^^^^

another one season wonder IMO....(but hope he's bags his first hat-trick today against SHA!!!)

I'd put Ashton alongside Stead, Ricketts (remember him??!?!?) and to some degree mssrs Beattie and Phillips....