Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I think we need a left back as Samuel defensively is a major weakness in the team. Either that or let Barry play there again.

As for strikers I think Baros could be a better signing than Miccoli simply because he has the experience and power for our league whereas Miccoli is a midget :D though strong with it.

Hasn't he been linked with us before? Hasn't his Manure career been questioned before? Think he would be a good addition as a central defender, but I'd rather see a central defender able to play to the left too.

Fryatt's price tag is going to run between 500,000 to 1.5M . It could be better if Doug (what a joke) asks Merson for a discount and Merson has a sense of humour ;)

Hoddle has said that Lescott is not for sale and has turned down offers in the 5M region. All that means is that Hoddle wants to keep the lad and may have to resign himself to selling him for 6 or 7 ;) I can also see some one saying "Well isn't that nice young "boy" Liam playing well at the moment ?" which in Dougspeak means " I would rather go with some one from the academy than spend any money at all" :(

So already we are up to 7.5M for two unproven players in the Prem.... These two purchases alone would seem to go against DOL's grain and Dougs "If I can't get a discount , I am not paying" mentality.

Fryatt for the money is a no brainer. Lescott raises a question, If Villa valued Distin , a proven player at 6M, why would Villa pay more for an unproven one ?

Fryatt's agent's are in Lichfield, not a stone throw from Little Aston. The chauffeur could drive by their offices hand over a nice cheque and at the same time hop over to Bescott in time to take Matty to Bodymoor Heath to get in a couple of hours practice before setting off for the Portsmouth game. Oh how easy it is from my armchair LOL :roll:

We all know that these two would fit into Villa perfectly since they are both locally grown products and have talent. The only three people that can't see this would be HDE, SS and DOL .

After the stumbling and bumbling is done this week, I would consider it a divine miracle if either one of these two ends up at Villa Park. I will be watching closely but I am not expecting any Thunderbolts to strike the ground at B6 this week ;) Are you ?

Didn't we have the Croation Michael Owen in Bosko Balaban :winkold:

Very rarley do you see young players likened to legends that become good players themselves. But if he is cheap get the lad in :wink: there has to be an exception to the rule.

Denilson has just gone on loan from Betis to Bordeaux. I love this player and although he hasn't lived up to his billing when he first moved to Betis, would surely have improved us greatly.

My suggestions (no links with reality whatsoever). Btw I have little knowledge of the overseas leagues and more importantly dont play CM :?

GK. Kiely ( I think DOL will stick with Tommy S)

Defence. O'Shea, Clement, Kronkamp ( all doubtful )

Midfield. Van Bommel, Parker, Hargreaves, Petrov ( Parker and Petrov first choice and more likely than the other 2 ). Take Berger to replace Hitz.

Winger/Creative. Boa Morte, Saviola, Van Der Vaart ( none likely)

Striker. Baros, Yakubu, Oliveira ( Probably none of these either :( )

I suspect a summer of :bang: and the excuse that we couldn't get the players the manager wanted so we'll bide our time :bang::bang::bang:

I congratulate Bully on being the first poster to suggest Baros!