Things You Don't "Get"

CrackpotForeigner

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't see it. By 'toolbar', do you mean this thing? 

Screenshot_2022-01-11-17-38-50-40_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Well yes but you aren't getting all of it there

Ah I see, you don't get everything on a phone. I rarely post from a phone tbh

EDIT: Eureka! turn your phone to landscap orientation and it shall appear!

toolbar.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

I didn't realise that being a bikie was a career thing

Pretty lucrative for some of them, with the drugs and stuff. Obviously plenty are law abiding, but there's deffo an illegal culture thing around some of the gangs that is very lucrative.

What was he/she nicked for?

I’ve presumed bikie is biker.

I thought people bought their bike when they retired.

I’ve been to a few gigs where the local HA Chapter have been present, and I was pretty much the youngest person in the room.

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

I’ve been to a few gigs where the local HA Chapter have been present, and I was pretty much the youngest person in the room.

Jesus Christ, was it a Daniel O'Donnell concert?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

used to do a great firework show on the penn road wolverhampton for bonfire night, thats pretty much the only time ive seen them in the UK

saw some weird biker gangs around las vegas as there was a bike convention on, gang of 8 men strolling round in the gear and their gang denim vests with their club details on and their names...and then usually some reference to veterans and around 70% of them with something like "texans against pedos" or something to that extent

• Like 1

I used to work security at gigs with a biker gang (sorry Motorcycle Club), in the main they were alright, never did me any wrong and also did me a few favours. They weren't exactly the law and order types though

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

used to do a great firework show on the penn road wolverhampton for bonfire night, thats pretty much the only time ive seen them in the UK

saw some weird biker gangs around las vegas as there was a bike convention on, gang of 8 men strolling round in the gear and their gang denim vests with their club details on and their names...and then usually some reference to veterans and around 70% of them with something like "texans against pedos" or something to that extent

Been to gigs in Newport, Cardiff, Port Talbot and they’ve been there. First time was at a Dr Feelgood gig down in Cardiff Docks, last time was an Alabama 3 gig where they were almost all absolutely as high as kites but to a man, absolutely loved up.

One held my hand whilst one song was being played, I waited until the end of the song, turned and gave him a big hug and then stepped away.

My mates behind me, well, I think they actually wet themselves laughing.

spacer.png

• Like 1

There should probably be a "Things I Get" thread where people try to explain wonderful things they love that maybe others have missed, where you try to explain the gap.

• Like 3

People who boast about how strict their parents were, or, worse, how actively violent and nasty they were. I know sometimes these stories can be genuinely funny and nostalgic, but it's when people say talk proudly about being kicked around the house by a nasty bully as if it taught them good values. Usually said while lamenting the state of today's youth

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KentVillan said:

People who boast about how strict their parents were, or, worse, how actively violent and nasty they were. I know sometimes these stories can be genuinely funny and nostalgic, but it's when people say talk proudly about being kicked around the house by a nasty bully as if it taught them good values. Usually said while lamenting the state of today's youth

No pride, no misty eyed nostalgia. **** that shit. 

• Like 1

Over here Bikies tend to be distinct from bikERS as such as the implication tends to be they are involved in organised crime and the drug trade rather just being moterbike enthusiasts. A lot of the biggest meth operations in the country are run by bikie gangs here and news stories about them tend to be always about criminal activities. There was an incident recently where a driver caught dashcam footage of himself being chased and rammed repeatedly by an axe waving bikie as the driver happened to be caught scouting out the area around their clubhouse for dirt biking just as they were disciplining an errant bikie by cutting his hands off or so it was reported😳

• Like 1

On 19/01/2022 at 20:52, blandy said:

Pretty lucrative for some of them, with the drugs and stuff. Obviously plenty are law abiding, but there's deffo an illegal culture thing around some of the gangs that is very lucrative.

What was he/she nicked for?

Dont know what he was nicked for,didnt read the story,just read the headline 

Spun off from the Coutinho thread, to keep it on (i.e. off) topic: 

Watching videos of people watching videos 

Watching unboxing videos 

Watching videos of people playing football games (instead of watching actual football) 

In short, the whole YouTube celebrity syndrome. 

Even in music - there are countless YT vids of bedroom guitarists, jamming with backing tracks. And some of them are astonishingly good. Which leads me to ask - why aren't they in bands? Is it really better to have thousands of online followers than to play live music with your mates down the pub? I suppose it must be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Â