Paul Lambert

limpid

It's amazing what a couple of individual mistakes

What about individual moments of brilliance? If we win on Sunday thank to a couple of benteke wonder goals does that change your perception of Lambert?

Surely if you dismiss individual mistakes then you won't credit individual brilliance.

The argument that Lambert couldn't have done anything about an error is just not a good one, whilst i understand the point behind it sort of you could just say that about any goal conceded ever couldn't you? Can we blame Lambert for not having a sniff at goal for 5 games or is that all the players fault too?

I do want him gone i have no faith that he has the ability to get points from our next few games at this point especially because of how long we have been putting up with this shit a change in management can only be a good thing.

here are just too many variables in one single game, never mind 10 to blame someone conclusively.

How about close to 100 games?

I don't think anyone is basing their opinion or feelings on a few games this season.

I think they are to be honest.  Again, if you're basing your opinions on 100 games, and looking at the bigger picture, you'll see that under the extreme restrictions that have been placed on Lambert, he's probably done about as well as he could do.

here are just too many variables in one single game, never mind 10 to blame someone conclusively.

How about close to 100 games?

I don't think anyone is basing their opinion or feelings on a few games this season.

I think they are to be honest. Again, if you're basing your opinions on 100 games, and looking at the bigger picture, you'll see that under the extreme restrictions that have been placed on Lambert, he's probably done about as well as he could do.

I disagree, for numerous reasons but I don't think we need to debate previous years.

But also looking at the bigger picture I don't see where we're going with Lambert. What's the future?

I do want him gone i have no faith that he has the ability to get points from our next few games at this point especially because of how long we have been putting up with this shit a change in management can only be a good thing.

What if we sack him, and then the new guy takes us down?

Who can we blame then?

Who can we blame then?

A combination of lambert, Lerner and the new man.

What is even the point of this thread? Lambert is not going to be sacked, even Lerner isn't stupid enough to give him a new contract and then sack him a month later. The only thing we as fans can do is get behind the team.

The squad we have at the moment is a lot better than 15th place and capable of scoring more than 4 in 9.

We dominated possession for the first time this season against QPR, easily one of the poorest sides in the league and we looked clueless. There was no plan as to how we were to break them down, just an awful narrow shape, made even narrower by his substitutions.

We've created five chances in five games; three have fallen to Clark, the other Hutton created on his own with his shot at Goodison that whistled close and Richardson on the break against Man City. That isn't good enough.

We have the best striker at the club since Dwight York, but we fail to get balls into him or men close to him in support. We have no means of breaking the opposition down and by and large, fail to keep the ball and on the occasions we have it, use the ball in an effective way.

We aren't able to compete with the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea or Man City and people all understand the reasons why, but the football we play is McLeish esque and offers no hope for improvement. Gone is the pressing and cavalier approach we saw towards the end of the first season.

He has to go, but he won't be sacked unless a real tipping point is crossed and by that I mean if we lose say the next four or five.

• Like 2

But none of that disagrees with what I've just written. I dont' see what's so hard to grasp about what Mantis said.

It is incredibly subjective, and you can disagree with it, fine. I disagree with it myself. But that doesn't change what Mantis said and that was that he didn't think we could attract better than Lambert.

NOT, that there is nobody better than lambert, which is how his posts seem to have been interpreted

Okay, so no other gettable manager could have done any better than Lambert. Which is obviously how everybody interpreted it anyway.

And it is nonsense. It was nonsense when it was lazily rolled out last season and it is still nonsense today.

Edited by Isa

Who can we blame then?

yep there will always be someone to blame and if im honest i think it's worth the risk of mixing things up i can't honestly say im happy to continue putting up with this shit week in week out its just not enjoyable at all.

Who can we blame then?

So what is your solution?  And maybe you could go a bit further than just "sack Lambert".

Who can we blame then?

So what is your solution? And maybe you could go a bit further than just "sack Lambert".

Well that's the only solution we have currently. Lambert is clearly not getting the best out of the squad available to him and is losing a large percentage of the fan base. A new man comes with new ideas and will have the fans more patient at home games.

Maybe you could explain your solution with a bit more than just 'give him more time'

is it true that Roy Keane held Lambert back in the sheds as he had a massive go at them? Is that why he was late over an hour to do his media interviews?

Good on him.. not sure if its true.. or if hes done it before but it was deserved. 

I will be curious to see the team's reaction against Tottenham at home. I would expect them to come out of the blocks.. imagine a nice early goal at home to lift the doom and gloom. If they do not react to the result and embarrassment of the last 5 games and a verbal assault by coaching staff.. then the players are just as much to blame.

• Like 1

Who can we blame then?

So what is your solution? And maybe you could go a bit further than just "sack Lambert".

Well that's the only solution we have currently. Lambert is clearly not getting the best out of the squad available to him and is losing a large percentage of the fan base. A new man comes with new ideas and will have the fans more patient at home games.

Maybe you could explain your solution with a bit more than just 'give him more time'

Come on dude, help me out.

Ok, I'll set the scene.

You're Randy Lerner, the same restrictions financially apply now, but you've got to make a decision, you sack Lambert, then what?

Tell me, I'm not trying to annoy you, I just want to know what your solution would be, if it was your decision, it would help me see what your opinion is, other than "sack lambert".

My solution would be as previously stated, give him until Xmas where he will have his entire team to choose from and match fit, we'll have played all the teams (not just the hard one and tricky away fixtures) and then I could give a sensible decision.

If, however, we continue our current, terrible trend, I would approach Moyes.  If he didn't want to come, I'd approach Pulis.

If Pulis wasn't interested, I wouldn't know what to do, so I'd be inclined to stick with Lambert, because I don't think anyone else would do any better, and my knowledge of managers is pretty limited to be honest.

Â