Paul Lambert

limpid

Looks like Celtic will be looking for a new manager. That might be a big carrot

Was just about to type that myself.

Lennon leaves Norwich, Lambert applies for the job, Randy gets a bit of compensation, Randy speaks to Moyes with 'new owners' blessing. Possible?

So its not our worst PL season ever.

38 points, which is the same as McLeish but with a worse goal difference, so it's worse. And more games lost than any other premiership season.

Quite clearly our worst premiership season.

It isn't though as I've just shown you we've previously finished lower. Repeat it as many times as you wish, it still won't be accurate.

Statistics make it accurate not me repeating it.

It was a shite season! Was it the worst? Don't care it still wasn't good enough! Arguing of technicalities doesn't make either McLeish or Lambert look any better. Pulis showed this year what a 'real' manager can do with a bunch of no hopers if you organise and manage correctly. Neither McLeish or Lambert have proved they can and in our current position we need a manager with the same skills as Pulis!

I agree it was, I just don't think its fair to say its the worst when it isn't. 

With regards Pulis, I actually agree with you his performance at Palace was startling and in fairness is a very valid thing to level as a criticism of Lambert by comparison. You will get no dispute from me on that one.

I'm not against being critical of Lambert, I myself am critical of him for elements of his performance and its clear Pulis out performed him. I'm just prefer criticism to be fair or what I view as being fair and balanced and as I've said previously, a lot of the time it really isn't or at least I don't think it is.

In terms of the type of manager we need, I'm not sure anyone would have wanted Pulis when he was at Stoke the season before. I'm also unsure who this manager we need would be or if they would want the job in the current climate.

At the moment, I still think we are better off under Lambert than the likely alternatives.

Agree with most of that Trent and I also believe no one would have wanted Pulis. I only really see Moyes out of any of the candidates who could possibly do a Pulis with us as he has a record of dealing with low budgets and getting the best out of what he has?

I agree with much of that VF1970 except that they weren't playing for him, take a look at that Hull game or the way they were with him during and after. I've seen nothing to suggest the players aren't playing for Lambert, but to me they looked out on their feet towards the end of the season, low in confidence and all to aware that without Benteke they were up against it.

Yeah thats probably correct, the players seemed to be more pissed off with the fans at certain points.

Probably more ashamed than pissed off.

Ashamed at the dross they were placing before the fans week in week out. 

Or at least they should have been.

38 points, which is the same as McLeish but with a worse goal difference, so it's worse. And more games lost than any other premiership season.

It isn't though as I've just shown you we've previously finished lower. Repeat it as many times as you wish, it still won't be accurate.

They don't either.

• Like 2

If Lambert goes to Celtic we are are in big trouble

and if we get Lennon in return then we are in huge trouble

Apparently henrik larsson is the favorite for Celtic so I doubt Lambert will leave

They don't either.

Was there a season we got less points?

Neil Lennon is to end his four-year spell as Celtic manager over concerns about his playing budget.

Or not...

Celtic will win their league irregardless of budget. Our budget means were at a very high risk or relegation, which would ruin his career. I know I'd be considering it if I were him.

They don't either.

Was it the lowest we've ever got? No.

I've already answered this, no but there was a season when we got the same number and several where we finished lower. But according to you, finishing lower in the table doesn't constitute a worse season, so in your logic having the joint lowest point total but worse goal difference equals worst season ever. Which, in my view is nonesense.

If Lambert had finished 16th this season you would be saying we'd gone backwards. 

Based on your 'logic' we could have got more points this season than last, gone down and it would be progress. Its nonsense and its just an attempt to try and force the facts to fit your opinion.

We've finished lower than last season on at least 3 occasions, that we did so with more points is irrelevant. 

• Like 4

They don't either.

Jesus H Christ John. You can use statistics to prove anything.

We got less points than we ever have done - fact

We have finished lower than we did this season - fact

A higher league position looks positive, lowest points ever looks negative.

You need to stop blindly acknowledging negative points, because believe it or not, depending on the way in which you look at things, both of you are correct/incorrect!

How can you not fathom this incredibly easy concept??!!!

Being bullish makes you look narrow minded.

Edited by lapal_fan

They don't either.

I've already answered this, no but there was a season when we got the same number and several where we finished lower. But according to you, finishing lower in the table doesn't constitute a worse season, so in your logic having the joint lowest point total but worse goal difference equals worst season ever. Which, in my view is nonesense.

If Lambert had finished 16th this season you would be saying we'd gone backwards. 

Based on your 'logic' we could have got more points this season than last, gone down and it would be progress. Its nonsense and its just an attempt to try and force the facts to fit your opinion.

We've finished lower than last season on at least 3 occasions, that we did so with more points is irrelevant. 

This! X exactly 1,000,532,402,916,093,336,803,593,201.001348934808508523423472057204 recurring.

They don't either.

This! X exactly 1,000,532,402,916,093,336,803,593,201.001348934808508523423472057204 recurring.

Bloody Hell! Was anyone happy with last seasons points tally or league position? I should think not unless they are a knuckle dragger?

Did the team perform to the best of their abilities over the season? No!

Did the manager cover himself in glory with the way he performed his job over the season? No!

Is it the first time we have been in this situation? No!

Does it matter whether it's the best or worst season? No, we start 2nd alphabetically next season same as always!

Does the owner, manager, coaches and playing staff need addressing urgently? Yes!

Will anything be addressed urgently? We'll have to wait and see!

Was McLeish a good manager for us? No!

Is Lambert? IMO no!

• Like 1

Thank you Delboy. 

Any attempt to put a gloss on last season's performance on the grounds that it was marginally less shitty that some REALLY shitty seasons in the past is just outrageous.

it was a miserable, miserable season with little merit and it was the most recent one so obviously it's the one we should be thinking about most and how the hell things can be made even slightly better.

• Like 1

Was just about to type that myself.

Lennon leaves Norwich, Lambert applies for the job, Randy gets a bit of compensation, Randy speaks to Moyes with 'new owners' blessing. Possible?

No, Just No... Wouldn't want Moyes anywhere near Villa Park thanks!! 

Murat Yakin would be ideal.

Any attempt to put a gloss on last season's performance on the grounds that it was marginally less shitty that some REALLY shitty seasons in the past is just outrageous.

it was a miserable, miserable season with little merit and it was the most recent one so obviously it's the one we should be thinking about most and how the hell things can be made even slightly better.

I'm not putting a gloss on it or saying it wasn't any of the things you say it was. I just don't see why its necessary to make false claims to support the view when I don't think a single person would argue it wasn't a miserable season.

• Like 1

Â