Paul Lambert

limpid

I actually thought a team consisted of 11 and subs but seems it's now one man and now he's out we are doomed I tell ya doomed!!!

Has anyone suggested we are a one man side? Benteke is not good enough for us to be considered that. The way I see it is we have on occasions been very good when we have fielded our strongest 11, we have on occasions been half decent with one or two players missing. We have though most often been poor regardless of the personnel.

I think Gabby will be fit to play tomorrow and Baker will be back. For me the manager should therefore be able to pick a team and formation and be able to send them out with the right attitude to beat the team 32 games into the season that is the worst in the league. This season and the previous one have shown though that this group of players under this manager are more likely to lose or draw than we are to win tomorrow. That isn't being negative or doom mongering by the way. That is simply being realistic.

Edited by markavfc40

Shell of a side? Don't go overboard will you! If struggle to believe that you seriously don't think we have the personnel available to expect to beat the worst side in the league. Just looks to me like the manager's adherents are getting their excuses in early this time.

No, people are just pointing out that tomorrow will not be an easy game and our injuries will play a part in that.

It should be a relatively straightforward game given how awful Fulham are though. That's the point.

Shell of a side? Don't go overboard will you! If struggle to believe that you seriously don't think we have the personnel available to expect to beat the worst side in the league. Just looks to me like the manager's adherents are getting their excuses in early this time.

No, people are just pointing out that tomorrow will not be an easy game and our injuries will play a part in that.

It should be a relatively straightforward game given how awful Fulham are though. That's the point.

I'm confused. Haven't you spent the bulk of the season telling everyone how utterly useless we are? 

Edited by P3te

I'm surprised that people seem to be so sure in their predictions - we've been so inconsistent at home over the past few months that I have no idea what Villa will turn up.

L L W L L W D L L D L W L W W L

This is our 2013/2014 home record to date and the number of L's and D's make up over two thirds of it so why be surprised about people's predictions?

I'm confused. Haven't you spent the bulk of the season telling everyone how utterly useless we are?

Not useless enough to not expect victory against this Fulham side evidently.

Fulham are terrible but then again we'll be missing some really key players. We should still be winning this game, but our injuries are bound to have an effect.

Fulham are terrible but then again we'll be missing some really key players. We should still be winning this game, but our injuries are bound to have an effect.

Was at the first fixture and a fulham side playing allot worse than they are now played us off the field. One of the worst games i saw us play all season and there are plenty.

For 60 or so mins against Everton Fulham were far the better side

We are going to lose five nil and have 15% possession.

It's easy to be negative and then be proved right and your happy or wrong and you're happy.

grammar-vader.jpg

• Like 1

Good thing is Berbatov ran the show that day so that won't be an issue especially as McGarth seems to have an obsession with playing 18 year old YTS lads upfront (what's happened to Clint Dempsey?)

I was thinking a comfortable win before the Benteke injury (similar to Norwich) but think 1-1 looks about right now.

In reality two draws from this and Palace will keep us up imo.

Long term though this is where it gets difficult for Lambert now.

He needs to find some creative midfielers in the summer as it's logical to think we needed to give the existing strikers more chances as they are not as reliable as Benteke at sticking them away as the goal records indicate.

That will be difficult on his budget so he really needs to scout extensively now as it's bad news for him if we're slumming it again near the bottom 6 next season, using the Benteke injury as an excuse will not wash with me or many others.

We are going to lose five nil and have 75% possession.

It's easy to be negative and then be proved right and your happy or wrong and you're happy.

Fixed. It's a well-known fact that the more possession we have the worse we do. ;)

Was at the first fixture and a fulham side playing allot worse than they are now played us off the field. One of the worst games i saw us play all season and there are plenty.

For 60 or so mins against Everton Fulham were far the better side

That doesn't really mean much - it's all about how the teams perform on the day.

The fact is that our performance at Fulham was one of the most abysmal, gutless and utterly hopeless displays I've ever seen us serve up. This should not be used as some sort of barometer of Fulham's potential strength as their form since proves this not to be the case.

Fulham are terrible but they've already beaten us once this season and it was relatively straightforward for them.

So straightforward they needed to cheat to win a penalty. The game tomorrow will be completely different and you know it.

I expect Gabby to play and Baker to be back. That aside from Benteke is about as good as it gets for us. If that isn't good enough to beat the worst team in the league after 32 games then we could be in for a very sticky end to the season.

Â