Paul Lambert

limpid

I couldn't see Sunderland touching him with a barge pole. You don't get rid of Poyet and then replace him with one of very few managers who this season had a worse record. Their biggest problem is scoring goals and the answer to that is clearly not Lambert.

Lamberts biggest asset is that he can pick a player at right money. In March when you find yourselves deep in the shit that skill is rendered meaningless. Regardless of what they do I am supremely confident we will finish above Sunderland this season and if they do replace Poyet with Lambert that certainly doesn't make that any less likely.

• Like 2

I don't think Sherwood making a fairly decent start to his Villa career is any reflection on Lambert's time with us at all. New Managers often come in and have an instant impact. When Lambert gets a job, look at that teams forums and you'll see fans saying how refreshing it all is and it's nice to have a manager who does this and that as that's what happens at almost every club when they get in a new Manager. It's sustaining it that's often the problem.

And yet it didn't happen when he joined us and replaced one of our worst ever managers.

What didn't happen? I'm pretty sure that when Lambert first joined there would have been fans saying how refreshing his approach is in comparison to Mcleish and at least he tries this and that. Not sure what's so bizzare about what I've said either.

I don't think Sherwood making a fairly decent start to his Villa career is any reflection on Lambert's time with us at all. New Managers often come in and have an instant impact. When Lambert gets a job, look at that teams forums and you'll see fans saying how refreshing it all is and it's nice to have a manager who does this and that as that's what happens at almost every club when they get in a new Manager. It's sustaining it that's often the problem.

And yet it didn't happen when he joined us and replaced one of our worst ever managers.

What didn't happen? I'm pretty sure that when Lambert first joined there would have been fans saying how refreshing his approach is in comparison to Mcleish and at least he tries this and that. Not sure what's so bizzare about what I've said either.

It was true statement at first though but then he turned into Mcleish 2.0.

• Like 1

It was true statement at first though but then he turned into Mcleish 2.0.

Which was useless' point.

• Like 1

Fans were happy but there was no impact or bounce in performances or results.

It took till the final quarter of that season before we saw anything close to better than McLeish.

There was no new manager bounce with Lambert. In our first 6 league games we took 5 points. In our first 10 games we took 9 points scoring just 8 goals.

I think the only bounce in positivity was due to the fact that many fans, myself included, deluded ourselves into thinking, in fact more hoping, that Lambert was the man to turn things around. Looking back now even in the short term he wasn't.

• Like 1

I never said there was a new manager bounce under Lambert in terms of results. Just that fans were pleased to have him at the club and were praising his methods in comparison to the last manager in charge, That's not me praising Lambert it's just something that nearly always happens when a club brings in a new manager.

Also the fabled bounce doesn't tend to happen when a manager takes over in the summer.

it's usually when a team is playing like absolute shite midseason and then revert to the mean with the new manager.

I never said there was a new manager bounce under Lambert in terms of results. Just that fans were pleased to have him at the club and were praising his methods in comparison to the last manager in charge, That's not me praising Lambert it's just something that nearly always happens when a club brings in a new manager.

The delight of Lambert arriving was soon forgotten by the various debacles that followed in his first season, notably the Bradford ties! The only time i felt encouraged in his tenure was towards the very end of this first season, when it looked as though we were making progress. 

Â