Paul Lambert

limpid

I've been following this topic for a while now and I've seen numerous posters calling for some sort of action from the fans. I've had a little idea that I can envisage being quite effective so thought I'd share it.

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of fans want Lambert gone but don't want to not turn up for games or boo the team during the match, so what do you do? My idea is so simple it might just work! The 8 minutes 'demo' in the Holte a few weks back didn't really come off as planned & I didn't think it would. It just didn't make much sense logistically to me.

I was thinking that if you're protesting about something (or someone in this case) you want to make it as visual as possible and easy for lots of people to join in. So how about everyone with a printer gets involved printing a simple message to Paul Lambert on A4 paper, which they hold aloft as the teams come out at the next home game (Leicester or Stoke cos Chelski might be a bit too soon to organise this) and sing "Villa, Villa, Villa". As everyone is singing one of our most simple rallying calls I doubt it would have a negative impact on the team. Actually might make for a really good atmosphere instead! My suggestion of what to write would be something along the lines of:

It's never your fault, is it Paul

So what do you think? If this gets a bit of attention I'll gladly spread the word on a few other forums as well.

I've been following this topic for a while now and I've seen numerous posters calling for some sort of action from the fans. I've had a little idea that I can envisage being quite effective so thought I'd share it.

I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of fans want Lambert gone but don't want to not turn up for games or boo the team during the match, so what do you do? My idea is so simple it might just work! The 8 minutes 'demo' in the Holte a few weks back didn't really come off as planned & I didn't think it would. It just didn't make much sense logistically to me.

I was thinking that if you're protesting about something (or someone in this case) you want to make it as visual as possible and easy for lots of people to join in. So how about everyone with a printer gets involved printing a simple message to Paul Lambert on A4 paper, which they hold aloft as the teams come out at the next home game (Leicester or Stoke cos Chelski might be a bit too soon to organise this) and sing "Villa, Villa, Villa". As everyone is singing one of our most simple rallying calls I doubt it would have a negative impact on the team. Actually might make for a really good atmosphere instead! My suggestion of what to write would be something along the lines of:

So what do you think? If this gets a bit of attention I'll gladly spread the word on a few other forums as well.

Stand behind these guys chap!

1358431123-riot-and-crowd-control-police

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Absolutely no chance a loss against Chelsea makes Lambert get the sack (unless it's a ridiculous scoreline)

Therefore it's mental to not want us to pick up points

Honestly I don't think he'll get sacked after a loss against chelsea, no. But as I said, I think it's mental to persist with a manager who's only just got us out of relegation for the last two seasons and is so far doing worse this season, and I worry that the longer we leave it to replace him the harder it will be to turn things around.

I'm torn because I want villa to win every match but I believe that it is imperative that something changes.

I agree with you. He isn't fit for purpose and should be replaced ASAP.

However, wanting us to lose against Chelsea isn't the way to go about that. We need points.

Like I said, I'm torn. Imagine a scenario where we beat Chelsea (which is, I admit, a stretch.) Then we lose the next game and people call for Lambert's head again. But we just beat Chelsea! It would take a lot for a manager to be fired just after turning over the league leaders. So then we're stuck with him for even longer.

But then, part of me thinks that Lambert could burn down the stadium and Lerner wouldn't fire him.

Edited by Villanun

1353860345645.jpg

Oh christ no

Absolutely no chance a loss against Chelsea makes Lambert get the sack (unless it's a ridiculous scoreline)

Honestly I don't think he'll get sacked after a loss against chelsea, no. But as I said, I think it's mental to persist with a manager who's only just got us out of relegation for the last two seasons and is so far doing worse this season, and I worry that the longer we leave it to replace him the harder it will be to turn things around.

I'm torn because I want villa to win every match but I believe that it is imperative that something changes.

However, wanting us to lose against Chelsea isn't the way to go about that. We need points.

Like I said, I'm torn. Imagine a scenario where we beat Chelsea (which is, I admit, a stretch.) Then we lose the next game and people call for Lambert's head again. But we just beat Chelsea! It would take a lot for a manager to be fired just after turning over the league leaders. So then we're stuck with him for even longer.

But then, part of me thinks that Lambert could burn down the stadium and Lerner wouldn't fire him.

Really, what is there to be torn over? Even if we lose against Chelsea it's highly unlikely that Lambert will be sacked, but if we win then it's certain that we'll get 3 points, and it may just give the team the confidence needed to go on and get more points and stay up.

It should be a no-brainer.

1353860345645.jpg

Oh christ no

Hahaha, I was thinking of something a bit more organised than that!

Really, what is there to be torn over? Even if we lose against Chelsea it's highly unlikely that Lambert will be sacked, but if we win then it's certain that we'll get 3 points, and it may just give the team the confidence needed to go on and get more points and stay up.

It should be a no-brainer.

I've already explained why I'm torn several times. I want villa to win. I want Lambert gone as soon as possible. I worry that a win against Chelsea will extend Lambert's stay and make it more difficult to fire him. I don't think villa will fire him anyway. These are contradictory feelings. Hence I'm torn.

And anyway, why would a win against Chelsea mean that we'd go on to win more? We've hardly been a paragon of consistency, have we?

Edit - genuine question: when was the last time we won consecutive games? Some people here are better at remembering stats than I am.

Edited by Villanun

I've said it plenty of times before,  He's clearly going no where fast. why would a chairman who has been cost cutting for years simply rip a 4 year contract up? its never going to happen. what is more scary is the fact he was given it in the first place. The lack of football knowledge at the club is frightening, how lerner and fox can think he's doing a good job is beyond me. Back onto Lambert, He is the worst manager in our history. He has no idea how to set a team up, no idea how to identify problems and make changes, does not learn from his stupid mistakes and couldnt motivate an under 12 team. Id take anyone over him right now. if the board had anything about them, they'd fire him, and bring someone in until the end of the season to give us a lift, and in the meantime pull out all the stops to get us sold.

the vast majority of fans want Lambert gone but don't want to not turn up for games 

sounds like you want your cake and eat it.....whatever protest  the fans want, they don't want put themselves out do they

IMO it mirrors the players..... half hearted.

If there was a REAL passion for betterment, they would do what they ultimately know is the only thing that will change things.

25% have already made the sacrifice.

If you go, you are basically saying you are enjoying it....if you are enjoying it,fine Lump it.

the vast majority of fans want Lambert gone but don't want to not turn up for games 

sounds like you want your cake and eat it.....whatever protest  the fans want, they don't want put themselves out do they

IMO it mirrors the players..... half hearted.

If there was a REAL passion for betterment, they would do what they ultimately know is the only thing that will change things.

25% have already made the sacrifice.

If you go, you are basically saying you are enjoying it....if you are enjoying it,fine Lump it.

What a strange attitude to take. You're basically saying that fans can't really complain that much about Lambert and Lerner if they go to games.

I thought the whole point of being a fan was supporting the team through thick and thin? It doesn't have to mean supporting the manager.

People who go to games are not wrong in fact they deserve a medal for sitting through 90 minutes of the same ineffective cack week in week out

Especially the away fans

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

Â