Paul Lambert

limpid

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D
Really? We've been told for weeks and weeks you need money to win games, now suddenly teams who don't have money win big games and having no money isn't an issue? What's that all about? Weird eh?

You're confusing the impact of money on a single match with the impact of money over 40-50 matches in a season. The point being made is that occasionally lower league teams beat bigger teams, and our failures in the cup under Lambert aren't particularly remarkable. I've pointed out before that we've won as many games against lower league teams as we've lost, which isn't great but not horrendous.

• Like 1

Some perspective there for the game on Sunday. Having just watched Man U fail to beat Cambridge. Can't say they were lucky either cause Man U did F all. They made 2 chances the whole game.

It's not always as easy as turning up to play.

Man U were playing AT Camebridge on a cold windy night, we will play on our carpet of a HOME pitch. Don't try to make excuses for the pathetic idiot before we've lost, at least wait until we lose. So we have the man u result, injuries, money, the fans, the goal posts not being big enough, plan a signing not coming off so we had no plan b, he wanted to sign a no 10 for 3 seasons give him a chance, he's sorted the defence out at least, he had us scoring at one point at least, we've had lots of shots, we didn't conceed 8.....Bradford wanted it more, Sheff U wanted it more, Millwall wanted it more, he's working on a project, it's the assistant mangers fault x 2, do we have any other reasons that lambert is actually alex ferguson/pep guardiola etc but is being limited/not his fault?

So what about Chelsea and man city playing at home on their carpet pitches, how do you explain those results?

I thought only lambert struggled against Bradford seems it is us arsenal and Chelsea.!!!

The problem is Lambert struggles against nearly all teams for 2 and a half years. Some act like losing to a lower league team once was the only bad thing we've seen under him.

I pointed out that lambert is not the only one that loses to lower league teams. S***t happens and it has again. As you know I'm neither pro or anti lambert but I hope it's ok to point out when every time someone mentions our record against Bradford that it is ok to point out that it's not just us and also that we've lost with better managers on more than one occasion and it's nothing new!

Could you possibly name another Premier League team who have lost to them over two legs.  Thanks.

Man City are currently losing to Middlesbrough..... There's another reason that Lambert shouldn't have beaten Millwall, Sheffield or Bradford over 2 legs.

:D

Chelsea 2-0 Bradford...

...to Chelsea 2-2 Bradford!

Yesterday: Oh Lambert doesn't have enough money, you need money to beat teams.

Today: Look! Look! Other teams lose games (against teams with no money).

Moral of the story. Don't blame money for the ineptness of the current manager.

Pathetic :D
Really? We've been told for weeks and weeks you need money to win games, now suddenly teams who don't have money win big games and having no money isn't an issue? What's that all about? Weird eh?
You're confusing the impact of money on a single match with the impact of money over 40-50 matches in a season. The point being made is that occasionally lower league teams beat bigger teams, and our failures in the cup under Lambert aren't particularly remarkable. I've pointed out before that we've won as many games against lower league teams as we've lost, which isn't great but not horrendous.

Well said, cup upsets happen and the manager shouldn't be slated for them. If mighty Chelsea can lose to Bradford then so can we.

Let me help: If you're a manager of a Premier League club you don't preside over four cup exits to lower league opponents in three seasons unless you're an incompetent fool. Apparently.

Fixed.

I thought only lambert struggled against Bradford seems it is us arsenal and Chelsea.!!!

The problem is Lambert struggles against nearly all teams for 2 and a half years. Some act like losing to a lower league team once was the only bad thing we've seen under him.
I pointed out that lambert is not the only one that loses to lower league teams. S***t happens and it has again. As you know I'm neither pro or anti lambert but I hope it's ok to point out when every time someone mentions our record against Bradford that it is ok to point out that it's not just us and also that we've lost with better managers on more than one occasion and it's nothing new!

Could you possibly name another Premier League team who have lost to them over two legs. Thanks.

At least we didn't lose at home to them.

Could you possibly name another Premier League team who have lost to them over two legs. Thanks.

I can name a Premier League team who have lost to them with a team of players worth more than our club. Does that help?
We beat them in the second leg as well, so that's a 0.5 win rate, instead of 0 for Chelsea. Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

Let me help: If you're a manager of a Premier League club you don't preside over four cup exits to lower league opponents in three seasons unless you're an incompetent fool. Apparently.

Fixed.

Well there have been three Premier League clubs go out to lower league opponents in a single round of this year's FA Cup, plus three replays pending, Southampton losing to Crystal Palace and Tottenham losing to Leicester.

Incompetence everywhere you look, really.

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

Could you possibly name another Premier League team who have lost to them over two legs.  Thanks.

Lol unlucky! Family fortunes wrong answer echoing in the background!

Well there have been three Premier League clubs go out to lower league opponents in a single round of this year's FA Cup, plus three replays pending, Southampton losing to Crystal Palace and Tottenham losing to Leicester.

Not the same thing and you know it.

Not the same thing and you know it.

I'm not sure what you think I know. It seems fairly clear that Premier League teams lose to lower league opposition all the time.

Don't think I can. I know we didn't lose at villa park. so no I can't - can you?

Fixed.

Seems we've only been knocked out to Bradford. Memory wipe complete.

Â