Paul Lambert

limpid

There always seems to be an excuse when we don't win!

Another defeat under Lambert's management, this time a HUGE derby defeat with the one player getting the winner who you didn't want to!

Lambert far too often waits until we go behind before we have sustained attempts at trying to score.

Certainly, we've changed our style of play. Unfortunately, we don't have midfielders creative enough to make use of possession, nor to we have attackers good enough to supply Benteke.

A change in the right direction, but one that probably should have happened over summer when there was time to get the right players in.

Who do you think signed these players? He's got a creative player in Grealish on the bench who he won't play and instead goes with Weimann.

Sorry but he's been here ages. If we aren't creating anything then that's the managers fault.

Lamberts under the illusion we have creative players but the stats are awful. Give Benteke service and he'll score. Koeman gave an 18 yo his full,debut away to Burnley where as Lambert is unwilling to give Grealish a start. He brings Robinson back from loan where he was doing really well and never used him and he'll now end up playing u21 football again. If we was creating loads I'd understand but we aren't. If you don't pick an attacker because of his defensive abilities something's wrong!

The same one that was tackled horrifically, got injured, and was in tears on the bench?

They also lost the game. Lambert got slated for only drawing with Burnley yet Koeman is praised even though they lost, with a stronger squad.

The point remains he had the confidence to start an 18yo. We are crying out for creativity. Grealish created more off the bench against Leicester than Gabby and NZogbia put together. We have had plenty of chances to start him or to try something different yet he keeps picking the same players and hoping for a different result. Okore got his chance because there was no one left and has took it with both hands will it take another injury crisis this time in attack to use Grealish?

• Like 3

The point remains he had the confidence to start an 18yo. We are crying out for creativity. Grealish created more off the bench against Leicester than Gabby and NZogbia put together. We have had plenty of chances to start him or to try something different yet he keeps picking the same players and hoping for a different result. Okore got his chance because there was no one left and has took it with both hands will it take another injury crisis this time in attack to use Grealish?

Of course not, Lambert is just waiting for Delph to leave on a free, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Gabby to retire and Cleverlys loan to end and then he can play Grealish with Sanchez. Have you learnt nothing about Lambert the past 3 years.

Of course not, Lambert is just waiting for Delph to leave on a free, Westwood, N'Zogbia, Gabby to retire and Cleverlys loan to end and then he can play Grealish with Sanchez. Have you learnt nothing about Lambert the past 3 years.

Thanks for the input!!!!

Should have had Grealish or Weimann or Robinson on earlier, as Benteke, Agbonlahor and Nzogbia were all terrible.

But as far as Lambert's responsibility for the loss is concerned, Lambert cannot be expected to legislate for the stupidity of a player.

I didn't think we did badly in that game...ten men for that long in the premiership and could easily have drawn. Looked like there was more effort to play football when we had the ball.

As for selection and sub's I've never understood why fans think managers are idiots in this regard...I'm sure there were good reasons for both selection of zog and the cissoko/ vlaar swap.

He may not be welcome but I don't get the thing of trying to make out he doesn't know what he is doing ?

I didn't think we did badly in that game...ten men for that long in the premiership and could easily have drawn. Looked like there was more effort to play football when we had the ball.

As for selection and sub's I've never understood why fans think managers are idiots in this regard...I'm sure there were good reasons for both selection of zog and the cissoko/ vlaar swap.

He may not be welcome but I don't get the thing of trying to make out he doesn't know what he is doing ?

• Like 2

Remember it was a poor poor West Brom Side! We are still much to defensive for me. I am really begining to believe most of the players do not like playing this way, as we are a much better side when attacking. We should have pushed up in the last 25 minutes helped Benteke out a bit and maybe we would have had a little more chance and forced a goal. We just started from the back inviting pressure even with 10 men which would not have been any different if we had we had 11 men out there its just simplistic tactics or...............the fear of losing, which to me, is how Lambert plays.

Dunno.

I agree we have been far too defensive but don't think we can base much on that game.

It would for example have been a justifiable concern that even for 20 minutes we could get picked off, whereas the way we handled it we could fairly easily have come away with what would have been a good draw.

I just don't think there was much in that game in isolation to criticise.

Certainly, we've changed our style of play. Unfortunately, we don't have midfielders creative enough to make use of possession, nor to we have attackers good enough to supply Benteke.

A change in the right direction, but one that probably should have happened over summer when there was time to get the right players in.

Who do you think signed these players? He's got a creative player in Grealish on the bench who he won't play and instead goes with Weimann.

Sorry but he's been here ages. If we aren't creating anything then that's the managers fault.

Lamberts under the illusion we have creative players but the stats are awful. Give Benteke service and he'll score. Koeman gave an 18 yo his full,debut away to Burnley where as Lambert is unwilling to give Grealish a start. He brings Robinson back from loan where he was doing really well and never used him and he'll now end up playing u21 football again. If we was creating loads I'd understand but we aren't. If you don't pick an attacker because of his defensive abilities something's wrong!

The same one that was tackled horrifically, got injured, and was in tears on the bench?

They also lost the game. Lambert got slated for only drawing with Burnley yet Koeman is praised even though they lost, with a stronger squad.

Him having the confidence to start an 18yo isn't anything admirable when by the looks of things, the player's confidence was absolutely shattered. These things can take years to get over and some professionals never manage to. Grealish has massive potential but he needs to be handled with kid gloves and not drowned in the deep end.  

Should have had Grealish or Weimann or Robinson on earlier, as Benteke, Agbonlahor and Nzogbia were all terrible.

But as far as Lambert's responsibility for the loss is concerned, Lambert cannot be expected to legislate for the stupidity of a player.

I'm certain Lambert did not give Richardson instructions to try and break someones leg, but

- He picked him ahead of our current top scorer and highest in assists (Wiemann)

- He picked him for a derby

- He had all week with the players to get them playing the way he wanted

so Lambert remains responsible. If he isn't - then exactly what does he manage?

• Like 1

Him having the confidence to start an 18yo isn't anything admirable when by the looks of things, the player's confidence was absolutely shattered. These things can take years to get over and some professionals never manage to. Grealish has massive potential but he needs to be handled with kid gloves and not drowned in the deep end.

Err, no. Hesketh was upset because his first league start was cut short by injury. That has no direct relevence to the lad's confidence.

Err, no. Hesketh was upset because his first league start was cut short by injury. That has no direct relevence to the lad's confidence.

You don't see how somebody getting fouled badly and injured on their debut could affect their confidence? Really?

I'm certain Lambert did not give Richardson instructions to try and break someones leg, but

- He picked him ahead of our current top scorer and highest in assists (Wiemann)

I agree with what you say. As I have said neither Richardson nor Nzogbia should have been on, and Weimann definitely should have been in there in place of one of them, and that is down to Lambert.

I just mean that that one incident of Richardson's he could not have foreseen.

Edited by AntrimBlack
  • Like 2

You don't see how somebody getting fouled badly and injured on their debut could affect their confidence? Really?

It wasn't a foul, it was just an unfortunate collision. It could've happened to anyone regardless of age. It is a pretty wild leap to assume what you are. Also, by this argument, never give anyone below the age of 20 their debut just on the off chance that they get injured?

Either that Richardson sending off was purely and simply down to inept and utterly clueless management by the manager or Lambert's dropped the controller. It does happen occasionally. I've played enough FIFA to know.

Â