Paul Lambert

limpid

His record against lower league opposition beggars belief.

As does his home record. I would literally love to play all our games away from home. I think we'd have a better chance of staying up.

We have no idea how to control and win a game at home. Our lack of goals is a huge concern as it was last year. He knew Tekkers and Kozak were probably gonna be unfit until Xmas and he hasn't signed 1 striker.

My hope is that we get taken over this season, Lambert keeps us up and then is handed his P45.

I wonder if Lambert would of liked to have Benteke or Kozak available tonight? Is it all his fault that he is stuck having to rely on Bent, Weimann and Gabby as his strike options?. I'd wager that he would most likely prefer the players that he picked himself and spent decent money on.

He has done a great job over the Summer to strengthen our squad and one game doesn't change that.

Again with this idea its just one game.

• Like 1

We created enough chances to win that tonight. It's hardly Lambert's fault that our 2 best strikers are injured at the same time.And the other strikers at the club are garbage but the owner is forcing him to play them because he's lost interest and doesn't want to spend any money, but yeah lambert out.

And Leyton Orient have such top quality strikers.

• Like 2

Im getting confused by some people who are "Lambert out" after a loss and content after a win. It's bizarre. Seasons have ups and downs and can't be judged on one game. Before this things we looking alright - players we like coming in, individuals playing well etc. Obviously this is an awful result though. Hopefully it won't knock the teams confidence too much. From what i saw on text updates we had a fair few shots last 15 mins and couldn't finish. Probably got caught on the break i dunno. 

Anyway I'm not looking too much in to this - Early days. Lambert may be being too cautious, and rightly so considering how shite our defense was last season, but that means our attack is toothless. But with an attack of an aged Cole, Weimann, Gabby and a past it Bent it was toothless even before any tactics came into play. 11 shots and 1 on target isn't good enough. Didn't watch the game though so ill have to judge from the highlights.

PS i can't **** wait until Tekkers and Kozak are back then we can 100 percent judge Lambert and this team. 

Edited by tomh621
  • Like 2

I wonder if Lambert would of liked to have Benteke or Kozak available tonight?  Is it all his fault that he is stuck having to rely on Bent, Weimann and Gabby as his strike options?. I'd wager that he would most likely prefer the players that he picked himself and spent decent money on.

He has done a great job over the Summer to strengthen our squad and one game doesn't change that.  

One game might not change it. But the last 2 awful seasons does.

Out of his depth and has to go.

Lambert is the manager and now entering his 3rd season. If he can't manage to get his team to beat the likes of Bradford, Sheffield United, Millwall and Leyton Orient over his tenure then he is clearly not good enough. For those who claim he has had a lack of funds and been restricted by Lerner I suggest they take a look at the money splashed out by the four teams I have just mentioned.

We beat Man City and Liverpool, what are their budgets?

That's not the issue though, for two reasons:

1. It plays to the only tactic Lambert has because they're going to have all the possession and chances anyway, and we probably have a better chance of capitalising on them because they will grow in confidence, throw men further forward and we might actually catch them out.

and...

2. No one expects us to beat them, so if we don't then no one really throws their toys out the pram with exception to how we didn't even try, and if we do beat them then it's the complete other end of the spectrum and he wins a lot of points from the fans for them.

It's not quite a win-win scenario for him but it's less damaging for his reputation than when he brings that crap brand of football to Villa Park against beatable teams and lower league teams we should really be dominating.

We can't break teams down. We don't have possession to wear them down and we don't have the creativity to make a chance out of nowhere. The players we have may not be the greatest but I'm convinced other managers could get our players playing a better style of football which would turn into more victories.

We might well have created more chances than usual tonight, but our opposition was a League One team ffs. There's no excuse.

Edited by Ginko

Its hard to have respect for comments regarding sacking the manager which come after a defeat in the cup.

Cup defeats can and do happen to anyone.

There were few criticisms or calls for the sack after the first two games..what has changed ?

Anyone who had already wanted him out based on two years, fair enough, but the rest,nah.

We created enough chances to win that tonight. It's hardly Lambert's fault that our 2 best strikers are injured at the same time.And the other strikers at the club are garbage but the owner is forcing him to play them because he's lost interest and doesn't want to spend any money, but yeah lambert out.

we had 1 shot on target didn't we? 

against LEYTON ORIENT. Thats shockingly bad, it's embarassing, more than enough to call for his head

1 shot on target out of 13, I think that generally supports the fact that it was the players' finishing that let the team down, not the way they were set up really. It's annoying that there are all these backward steps when things start looking up. He isn't going anywhere and we've done well in the transfer window considering the money.

• Like 2

We created enough chances to win that tonight. It's hardly Lambert's fault that our 2 best strikers are injured at the same time.And the other strikers at the club are garbage but the owner is forcing him to play them because he's lost interest and doesn't want to spend any money, but yeah lambert out.

we had 1 shot on target didn't we? 

against LEYTON ORIENT. Thats shockingly bad, it's embarassing, more than enough to call for his head

It's not like he's playing up front himself is it. Bent's gash, Lambert knows it, that's why he was in the 'bomb squad' last year. Bent scores that 1 on 1 and it's a whole different game.

Over-reactions? You cant be serious?

We have been eliminated by league one opposition yet again wouldnt want to know what would need to happen for a reaction to be warrented.

Nope, I was making a very funny joke.

There isn't a Villa fan alive that won't be annoyed at our league cup record or constant relegation battles but to keep blaming it solely on one man and calling for his head is crazy to me.

Replace Lambert and all you've done is removed one element of this current shambles of a club. That is far too simplistic, you can't just replace a manager and expect changes for the better to occur in the current situation.

Whilst Lerner is still here or the investment says as it is I don't expect anything to change for the better.

• Like 1

Another defeat to lower league opposition. I can handle the odd one, but this is ridiculous. At least this joker will be gone by the end of this season. How anybody thinks he is doing a good job, regardless of the strict budget he is working under. The only reason he is still in a job is because nobody else would want the job while we are up for sale.

Yeah because we need our strongest team available to dispatch a League One side at home.

Loving these posts as if we are all knee jerking from this one game.

Not as if we have been diabolically shit at home for the majority of the lamberts tenure or anything, keep peddling your agenda.

But where were these posts between 16th and 26th ?...I can see almost none.

So it IS a reaction to the game.

Â