Paul Lambert

limpid

People saying that it'll be better when the strikers are back. I don't get it, Kozak is just a finisher like bent, without service he won't score either. Yes Benteke has got that flash of brilliance, but he isn't going to hit top form straight away following his long absence.

But the service was there. Plenty of decent crosses into the box today and last week but no one getting on the end of them.

Kozak will also work hard unlike Bent.

• Like 4

The modern football fan isn't pleased unless we're scoring 10 at home it seems.

wow........ hyperbole at its best....it seems.

we never had a shot on target ( fact) at home

• Like 1

its fair to say in total isolation....

2 clean sheets is encouraging...particularly against teams we usually get bullied by.

Edited by TRO

I hope we sign a wide forward. Gabby and Wiemann are poo.

I think eventually Grealish will break into the side and stay there.. Benteke and Kozak will return.. Cole will start playing here and there. We will be a different side in attack. In defence we looked solid and with Sanchez still to bed in. Its looking promising.

Lambert thought it was a good game and we were entertaining. 0 shots on target isn't very entertaining for a side at home.. or away for that matter.

Edited by KSV

Let's not forget as well that Sanchez will allow Delph and Westwood to get forward more, and he doesn't look too bad in creating stuff himself either.

Our attack is where the problem lies - once Kozak and Benteke come back we'll be scoring a lot more.

• Like 1

To be fair i think we can expect to at least have a shot on target at home to Newcastle (or any team for that matter)

There's no difference between a really tame shot that the keeper saves (Riviere's effort that Guzan stopped) or a screamer that goes narrowly wide (Janmaat's effort).

The lack of creativity/cutting edge is a concern, but I wouldn't get too hung up on "shots on target".

To be fair i think we can expect to at least have a shot on target at home to Newcastle (or any team for that matter)

There's no difference between a really tame shot that the keeper saves (Riviere's effort that Guzan stopped) or a screamer that goes narrowly wide (Janmaat's effort).

The lack of creativity/cutting edge is a concern, but I wouldn't get too hung up on "shots on target".

If you hit the target there is at least a minute chance to score.

Let's not forget as well that Sanchez will allow Delph and Westwood to get forward more, and he doesn't look too bad in creating stuff himself either.

Our attack is where the problem lies - once Kozak and Benteke come back we'll be scoring a lot more.

I completely agree.

People saying that it'll be better when the strikers are back. I don't get it, Kozak is just a finisher like bent, without service he won't score either. Yes Benteke has got that flash of brilliance, but he isn't going to hit top form straight away following his long absence.

There is better service now though. Some good balls in from The full backs and Delph. Should've scored first half. We also have Joe Cole in reserve.

Any idea apart from Bowery why we are loaning out every one of Lambert's cheap failures rather than selling them?

Luna, Bennett, Sylla, Helenius and Tonev.. doesn't make sense why not just sell them?

Maybe because they are crap and nobody wants to buy them.

• Like 1

There is better service now though. Some good balls in from The full backs and Delph. Should've scored first half. We also have Joe Cole in reserve.
In my opinion Cole or Grealish should've come on today, with 20 mins to go we were screaming out for someone like that to give us more impetus.

My post was addressed to no one in particular but I see its aroused a little bit of passion from some.

Probably because it's pathetic to accuse fellow fans of being "sheep" just because they're content with a 0-0 draw against a decent team while our two best strikers are out.

Not saying that I agree with the OP but, Newcastle also had their best striker out and we were the home side - without a shot on target.

My post was addressed to no one in particular but I see its aroused a little bit of passion from some.

Probably because it's pathetic to accuse fellow fans of being "sheep" just because they're content with a 0-0 draw against a decent team while our two best strikers are out.

Not saying that I agree with the OP but, Newcastle also had their best striker out and we were the home side - without a shot on target.

Did they?

Our problems are being addressed. Our defence now looks organised and decent.

We now have one major problem, and to be fair it's existed since MON, a creative midfielder. I am sure that Lambert has tried to sort that problem out with the signing of Joe Cole. In his absence, Richardson has been deployed there. In recent times we have seen many players tried in that position - N'Zogbia, Gabby, Weimann to name a few. But, we still haven't solved that problem. I think the answer lies in taking a chance on Grealish. Yes he's young but, the lad is capable of drawing defenders out to him and that will open up spaces in behind for our attacking players to exploit.

As long Grealish's only remit is to run at players, play through balls, take shots and, put himself about the central defenders, I can't see it being a problem playing this lad each week.

Edited by villarocker

Did they?

I'm assuming he means Papiss '10 goals in his last 60 league games' Cisse. Hardly their best striker but that doesn't fit with the narrative that we only kept a clean sheet because of who they were missing.

The modern football fan isn't pleased unless we're scoring 10 at home it seems.

wow........ hyperbole at its best....it seems.

we never had a shot on target ( fact) at home

Hyperbole fully intended.

It's blooming ridiculous for fans to be angry with 2 clean sheets, 4 points and a much improved showing at the back after 2 games.

• Like 2

Â