Paul Lambert

limpid

has to release the players Lerner tells him to and bring the bomb squad back into the first team at Lerner's request. 

This is just an assumption though isn't, it seems to be being repeated and repeated until it becomes and accepted fact but nobody actually knows the truth of either the player departures or the stuff about Hutton and Bent. Unless I've missed some quotes on this?

• Like 1

If we're going to talk about facts, where on earth have you got a spend of £10m from? I thought we'd long since agreed that we'd spent roughly £20m each year he's been here. Whether that's enough is a contentious matter, but at least get the figure right.

I believe I have, we will have to await the next set of accounts to be know though.

No we don't I'm afraid, the spend was confirmed in the last set of accounts' PBSE note. £18.9m on top of the £21.7m from the year before. Note 27 if you'd care to check.

But there was also roughly €8 million in sales.

If we're going to talk about facts, where on earth have you got a spend of £10m from? I thought we'd long since agreed that we'd spent roughly £20m each year he's been here. Whether that's enough is a contentious matter, but at least get the figure right.

I believe I have, we will have to await the next set of accounts to be know though.

No we don't I'm afraid, the spend was confirmed in the last set of accounts' PBSE note. £18.9m on top of the £21.7m from the year before. Note 27 if you'd care to check.

But there was also roughly €8 million in sales.

No there weren't.  The sales amounted to exactly £600K, as I've already said.

But as a matter of interest, who on earth do reckon we got that much for?!

Makoun

Bannan

Bent was a 2 million loan fee from what I read

Ireland loan fee

Holman maybe

Is this going back to those Transfermarkt figures? Which are highly speculative (not to say, made up). Even Transfermarkt don't think we got anything for Holman!

Edited by briny_ear

Well, the fact is that we got the grand total of £600,000 in transfer fees for everybody who left.

How do you know this?

It's in the accounts.

Do loan fees show as transfer fees or other income

Well, basic accounting theory says it's not a transfer fee as you haven't disposed of an asset.  It's definitely a revenue item, so either income, or perhaps reducing expenses if the fee is to cover wages.

...so our home form was bad before he came. We now have the youngest squad in the league too, not the highly paid experienced pros of mcleish's team.

And who signed those players to make it the youngest squad in the league and who then tried to back track his policy by targeting more experience players in January after forming the bomb squad with our more experienced players?

Well, the fact is that we got the grand total of £600,000 in transfer fees for everybody who left.

Jeez, we must've basically given Makoun away for nothing.

Possibly the most expensive Jumper the world has ever seen

and Bannan. With the inflated transfer prices in England. Well if it's a fact. We have made worse transfers.

How do you know this?

It's in the accounts.

Only transfer fees are paid up front they are normally paid in instalments so I'm not sure that the figures while representing the year actually represent the transfer windows that fall within them.

That we only recieved this amount for players leaving would seem to suggest this is the case.

• Like 1

So how would fans feel if Lambert leaves for the Celtic job? As I don't think a takeover is going to happen I actually think our best chance of scraping survival again is maybe if he stays.

He has 2 deeply disappointing seasons in charge but you have to feel for him at the moment. It is a dreadful position for a manager with a want-away owner, no buyer lined up and no money to spend. Perhaps this will be the start of Lambert 2.0, in he has to work with what he has got (Bent, Nzgobia) and less pressure on him as will all now know the situation he is in.  He will give up on the long term of cheap and promising signings, which hasn't really worked, and he might go for loans or older buys on short term contracts. It could create a us v them sort of situation in which the team may play better. Perhaps.

• Like 1

Â