Paul Lambert

limpid

I love Lambert. **** all those who disagree with me.

**** all those that love a manager who has proven to be completely out of his depth at OUR GREAT CLUB!!!
Villa stopped being great when we had to rely on league one players in the premier league. I believe he is too good for Villa. Don't care if anybody disagrees.

Greatness isn't achieved over night and it hasn't been destroyed just because we have a poor squad of players. This club will always be great regardless of what division we play in, who owns us, manages us or plays for us. One thing is also certain. No manager or player will ever be too good for this great club.

Maybe I said something I shouldn't have, but the reality is that the squad is inexperienced and weak, the supporters are impatient and fickle, the owner is cheap, and the manager gets the blame.

Momo, I'm going to be as respectful as possible to your comments.

You talk shit!!

Hahaha...that's constructive. So what is the reality? Do you mean the squad is experienced and strong, the supporters are patient, the owner is wasting money for fun on Villa?

How can you blame the supporters

They were magnificent today paid good money to sit through 90 minutes of that shite and gave the spurs fans as good if not better than what they got

Who can blame them for becoming frustrated after that

Edited by AshVilla

I love Lambert. **** all those who disagree with me.

**** all those that love a manager who has proven to be completely out of his depth at OUR GREAT CLUB!!!
Villa stopped being great when we had to rely on league one players in the premier league. I believe he is too good for Villa. Don't care if anybody disagrees.
Greatness isn't achieved over night and it hasn't been destroyed just because we have a poor squad of players. This club will always be great regardless of what division we play in, who owns us, manages us or plays for us. One thing is also certain. No manager or player will ever be too good for this great club.
Maybe I said something I shouldn't have, but the reality is that the squad is inexperienced and weak, the supporters are impatient and fickle, the owner is cheap, and the manager gets the blame.
Momo, I'm going to be as respectful as possible to your comments.

You talk shit!!

Hahaha...that's constructive. So what is the reality? Do you mean the squad is experienced and strong, the supporters are patient, the owner is wasting money for fun on Villa?

The supporters have been very patient and not fickle! The squad was believe it or not, put together by the love of your life, not the fans or the owner. I don't expect you to understand that though!

Last season the supporters were great, supporting the team even if we were in the relegation places a big part of the season. This year, and especially the end of the season, the most vocal supporters want the manager fired, they moan at games, they boo...way to go supporting the club, the manager and the players in a difficult time. I believe this is a great club, but I wish the supporters could give the players goose bumps (like Liverpool with their singing) instead of grieve.

• Like 2

I think the supporters are patient.....I think they are as loyal as it gets.

As I've seen written elsewhere, if your lamp doesn't work with three different bulbs it's the lamp that's the problem, not the bulbs.

Maybe the batch of bulbs are faulty and not the lamp!

You are right though about expectations however I don't think anyone expected miracles, just get the basics right. Which hasn't been delivered. And lets be fair you dont need messi, ronaldo etc to get the basics right do you.

Last season the supporters were great, supporting the team even if we were in the relegation places a big part of the season. This year, and especially the end of the season, the most vocal supporters want the manager fired, they moan at games, they boo...way to go supporting the club, the manager and the players in a difficult time. I believe this is a great club, but I wish the supporters could give the players goose bumps (like Liverpool with their singing) instead of grieve.

Don't give me that crap. Liverplop were quiet when uncle roy was in charge when they were having a 'bad' season. If a side plays better, you get more noise from the fans. It is a simple as that. And we have been shit for 3 seasons and still average over 36,000 at home and sell out most away games. The fans only turned at Palace after 2 years of  largely appalling football and a club record (130 years) 10 home defeats. Amazingly patient.

• Like 3

As I've seen written elsewhere, if your lamp doesn't work with three different bulbs it's the lamp that's the problem, not the bulbs.

You are right though about expectations however I don't think anyone expected miracles, just get the basics right. Which hasn't been delivered. And lets be fair you dont need messi, ronaldo etc to get the basics right do you.

I think people expected us to finish higher than 15th, but to be quite frank, do we have even the 15th best squad in the league? Not without Benteke and Okore IMO. Us our squad better even than Fulhams, who finished bottom? Not sure.

• Like 2

Pretty sure our squad is better than Fulham's, especially when you consider that we managed to finished above then with our best player unfit or out injured for the majority of the season.

Pretty sure our squad is better than Fulham's, especially when you consider that we managed to finished above then with our best player unfit or out injured for the majority of the season.

Maybe, but its marginal. I don't think Fulham have anyone as bad as Baker playing week in week out in a key position.

I think people expected us to finish higher than 15th, but to be quite frank, do we have even the 15th best squad in the league? Not without Benteke and Okore IMO. Us our squad better even than Fulhams, who finished bottom? Not sure.

Personally I expected better than last season considering the added investment in the summer and the addition of 8 players. I believe the squad is better than 15th and our problems have also been brought about from not just minimal investment but poor decision making from the manager. I don't just blame lambert, but blaming the fans is a bit shortsighted imo. Especially when they have been very supportive until recently.

I think it is almost incredible how the attendances home and away have held up despite the piles of shite we have been served up over the last 4 seasons.

If anything, this has been to our disadvantage. Remembering the late 60s, it was a massive fan boycott that finally drove the old board out and brought in modernisation.

Edited by briny_ear

Our squad is probably the worst we've had for a generation, but can you honestly say that without Benteke/N'Zogbia we'd have been worrying about relegation? I doubt it. Lambert does not inspire much confidence, and has been inconsistent for us, but he's done a much better job than his two predecessors considering the circumstances (and that's coming from somebody who thinks Houllier was alright).

Our main problem is an owner who gave us a lot of money but didn't really know what he was doing with it. I respect Lerner's motives but his execution as our chairman has overall been very poor. The truth is we are still suffering from an almighty hangover from the O'Neill days, who let's be honest, pretty much ran the club on and off the pitch during his time.

Our supporters. Well, they can be good, as shown today. Our away fans by and large are one of the best sets in the league.

Our home fans are probably amongst the worst though. You can try and justify it, but the atmosphere the young Villa players play under is toxic. It is not their fault if they are not good enough. The likes of Joe Bennett getting dog's abuse on Twitter displays the complete and utter lack of understanding some fans have. We will not get better if our players are made to play in such a negative and pressured environment. We will continue to regress. The players look completely abject of confidence and you can tell that the biggest contributor to that is the fans.

Our home record since since December 2011 reads:

Played 51, Won 12, Drawn 13, Lost 26. Think about it.

We do well against big teams because the pressure is off (as well as the fact we are good on the break), but when expectations are high at home when we play a bottom 12 club, the support (if there was any in the first place) completely switches off after 25 minutes if we haven't had a dominant spell. You've got to understand how limited our team is. Without Benteke or Kozak and N'Zogbia we probably genuinely have the least creative midfield in the Prem and the worst striking force beyond perhaps Cardiff and at a stretch Fulham. Our defence is hardly something to shout about either. We are still in a period of transition believe it or not because our books still need to be massively balanced. Lambert has not been brilliant in his transfers by any means, but look around at other clubs and there are few who have been much better.

I'm afraid that people need to accept that we are not a big club anymore, we fulfill absolutely no criteria. If you can't attract big players to the club, you are not a big club. You have to be realistic. If our fans got behind the players at home we'd be nowhere near relegation, our results would improve, and so would our opinion of the players/manager. It is a scientific fact that people respond better to support than criticism, Villa fans are living proof of this.

Yes, I can see it now. Our poor form is all the fans' fault.

Sorry, oh browbeaten, downtrodden players, trying to get by on the minimum wage.  :angry:

You can see how hard it is for them...

BnY4aAtCMAABF_M.jpg

Edited by briny_ear

I think Fulham have a great squad, surprised they went down.

I doubt they'll retain much of that squad now.

A lot of them will want moves, like Dejagah.

*I'll shall fetch the old proverbial coat.

• Like 2

Is he still the manager?

I just watched that farce at Spurs, an absolute disgrace not just Lambert but everyone who played should forfeit their wages................in fact maybe their whole seasons pay!!

Â