Paul Lambert

limpid

Villa boss Paul Lambert on owner Randy Lerner's statement on future of club due next week "I fully intend to be here next season”

Didn't McLeish say something similar not long before he got the sack?

Villa boss Paul Lambert on owner Randy Lerner's statement on future of club due next week "I fully intend to be here next season”

This surely dispels the resigning rumours.

Depends on what discussions will take place with Randy.

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Change the record.

This 'there is not another manager out there that could do better than Lambert under the current constraints' line is really starting to become tiresome.

There are many managers in the world (yes, I said the world not just the UK) that could do better than Lambert.

As we don't know what parameters have been set for PL to work under your conclusion is purely hypothetical.

Could Ancellotti or SAF eg have done any better? We simply don't know & because of this they may even have faired even worse.

As things stand right now Paul Lambert is the best Manager to progress & develop Aston Villa FC. He has laid the ground work,been set back by injuries & just needs a little bit more time & patience to propel us forward & hopefully with better finance being made availabe a chance to buy a few more gems like Benteke.

Which Manager is better placed than Paul Lambert to knows what's actually needed to move us forward?

Let's not go back to first base all over again.

I wasn't having a pop, I just meant that nobody really knows which managers would or wouldn't come to Villa. I was just intrigued to know who you thought could come in and play better football than Lambert allowing for the constraints he has worked under.

I hear the "constraints" argument a lot. It simply doesn't wash with me.

I know Lambert has had a limited budget - but what club outside the top 4 doesn't? I don't believe he has got the best out of even this limited squad. I don't see him building anything that resembles a plan in the way we play. In fact, I'd even wager that the football we play now hasn't improved from what we saw when he was still getting to grips with the squad at the beginning of last season.

We don't have the budget to compete with the big boys. We may never have. So we need to play better, smarter football. I don't see anything in the shamozzle of the last 2 seasons that suggests Lambert can do that - even with a bigger budget and more time.

This is the main reason why he has lost my support and why in the main many fans have turned.

Thankfully his intent doesn't mean dog shit. Its up to Lerner.

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Change the record.

This 'there is not another manager out there that could do better than Lambert under the current constraints' line is really starting to become tiresome.

There are many managers in the world (yes, I said the world not just the UK) that could do better than Lambert.

As we don't know what parameters have been set for PL to work under your conclusion is purely hypothetical.

Could Ancellotti or SAF eg have done any better? We simply don't know & because of this they may even have faired even worse.

As things stand right now Paul Lambert is the best Manager to progress & develop Aston Villa FC. He has laid the ground work,been set back by injuries & just needs a little bit more time & patience to propel us forward & hopefully with better finance being made availabe a chance to buy a few more gems like Benteke.

Which Manager is better placed than Paul Lambert to knows what's actually needed to move us forward?

Well you have changed your tune. I thought you knew exactly what parameters Lambert had to work under as you and so many others are quite often so fond of telling me about them!

As things stand right now Paul Lambert is the best Manager to progress & develop Aston Villa FC. He has laid the ground work,been set back by injuries & just needs a little bit more time & patience to propel us forward & hopefully with better finance being made availabe a chance to buy a few more gems like Benteke...

I do so wish I could believe that statement......but I don't.

The problem is though we have been stuck on first base all season with very little improvement to speak of and his ground work has produced probably the worst squad we've seen at the Villa for a very long time. I don't think he should be allowed to make any further contributions to that. Enough, is enough.

That's a relief to me. Whether he is here or not, the idea that's been knocking about that he would walk because Lerner isn't selling and won't back him is the scariest of all possibilities. 

Well you have changed your tune. I thought you knew exactly what parameters Lambert had to work under as you and so many others are quite often so fond of telling me about them!

No one's changed there tune only you asked some one else to change their record. I don't personally know the intricacies of the parameters set by Randy Lerner for Paul Lambert. What I do know is that Randy is both cognisant & satisfied that he has fulfilled this obligation & that will do for me.

No one's changed there tune only you asked some one else to change their record. I don't personally know the intricacies of the parameters set by Randy Lerner for Paul Lambert. What I do know is that Randy is both cognisant & satisfied that he has fulfilled this obligation & that will do for me.

I did didn't I!

Change the record.

Yes you did didn't you? ;)

Edited by villa-revolution

There has been a genuine and very blatant attempt to reduce the wage bill unlike McLeish's claims that he had to cut the wage bill despite sticking Shay's 50k a week on it for 5 years. It's the style of football that bothers me. We've seen glimpses of great attacking football where the ball is moved around quickly but you certainly can't hear Lambert on the sideline encouraging the players to stop hitting long balls and to start playing. It hasn't happened enough, we are a route 1 side.

Indeed and what do you expect him to say.

So, I get the issue with the posters negative to Lambert here on VT.

If Villa never had experienced the run of bad games at the end of the season, you would have said nothing.

If Benteke hadn't been injured the above thing wouldn't have happened, because we know he was back on the scoring track just before his injury.

The conclusion is, you would support Lambert if Benteke had been injury free.

(I know there also have been other major injuries that has affected this season negatively)

Edited by momo
  • Like 1

I don't personally know the intricacies of the parameters set by Randy Lerner for Paul Lambert. What I do know is that Randy is both cognisant & satisfied that he has fulfilled this obligation & that will do for me.

Has Lambert really fulfilled the obligations. I struggle to believe that Lerner/Faulkner sacked McLeish and paid him and his coaching staff millions in compensation and simply expected more of the same for two years under a new manager. McLeish worked on a transfer budget of minus 20 mill and was also cutting the wage bill.

Two relegation battles including if we are defeated on Sunday our worst ever Prem season (based on points and goal difference) and embarrassing cup defeats to lower league opposition whilst more often than not serving up dire football couldn't have been what Lerner saw as being acceptable two years ago. Had he have done he would have saved himself a few quid and kept McLeish.

I would be amazed if Lambert was here next season. The only person I'd imagine who would be more surprised is Paul Lambert himself.

Edited by markavfc40

Indeed and what do you expect him to say.

I don't expect him to say anything. He talks rubbish anyway.

No one could do better. nearly every manager plays a different style has different tactics and different philosophies. The players we have at the moment cannot play long ball tactics, very well. They also proved the other night parking the bus is very limited. Another manager would coach the players differently. How can anyone on here (yes including you VillaR) justify another manager could not do any better with these players. They can beat Chelsea, why can't they beat Swansea??? Coaching, manager, tactics!!!

Change the record.

As you use these same parameters to defend Lambert, presumably your conclusions are also hypothetical, and therefore Pacbuddies' conclusions are just as valid as yours.

I don't personally know the intricacies of the parameters set by Randy Lerner for Paul Lambert. What I do know is that Randy is both cognisant & satisfied that he has fulfilled this obligation & that will do for me.

Has Lambert really fulfilled the obligations. I struggle to believe that Lerner/Faulkner sacked McLeish and paid him and his coaching staff millions in compensation and simply expected more of the same for two years under a new manager. McLeish worked on a transfer budget of minus 20 mill and was also cutting the wage bill.

Two relegation battles including if we are defeated on Sunday our worst ever Prem season (based on points and goal difference) and embarrassing cup defeats to lower league opposition whilst more often than not serving up dire football couldn't have been what Lerner saw as being acceptable two years ago. Had he have done he would have saved himself a few quid and kept McLeish.

I would be amazed if Lambert was here next season. The only person I'd imagine who would be more surprised is Paul Lambert himself.

Very good point mark. Why not keep McLeish if this level of performance and results are what's all that's expected?

Â