Paul Lambert

limpid

11 would mean that you cannot fail if you twist. That's not the position we're currently in BJ10.

11 would be right if we were in the relegation places. Below 11 would in the Championship. I reckon we're at about 14...

;)

Fair enough, if Crowley is ours then Carruthers is their work I spose. 

Still the point remains though, without getting sidetracked, with a few £7-10m buys, introducing the new youth players and free from injury I don't see why we can't finish top half next year. Even without a devastating new flavour of pie.

People were saying the same about Clark, Albrighton , Banan  a few seasons back.

To me packing out our first team with youth products will get us relegated.

Think it's the first time I have agreed with you, the fans have a tendency to overrate our own youth. We have good youth teams, but for a long time we haven't produced a player where I thought to myself wow this kid. For example I watch Stones at Everton and immediately you can see the kid is class, granted he was purchased but you can she his reading of the game is head and shoulders above Baker and Clark. I remember Lambert made a point, Robinson comes onto a huge reception, he tries to control the ball and his first touch takes it straight out of play and he gets cheers, I understand the support element, but I want to cheer a kid who can at the very least control the ball and do something special. I'm not knocking Robinson as I do think he will be a good player, just the way we have already hyped up our kids before they even kick a ball.

don't think anybody is saying pack the squad with youth but I think Villa would have been in better position if for example we kept Cahill instead of Knight or kept Davis and Gardner over signing Sidwell and Reo-Coker

youth players need to be blooded properly, cant all be thrown in together which is happening now or blatantly ignored like MON did

Do you think Klinsmann would be better than Lambert?

A bit of a glamorous name yes, but does he have the substance??

I don't rate Lambert all that highly, but in a hypothetical scenario it was one or the other, I pick Lambert. Experience at club level, experience in the Premier League and they're players he signed. That v failing at Bayern in one season.

Supposing this takeover is American as expected, Klinsmann seems to be the name on everyone's lips.

He's managed Bayern and then two national sides so can't see him wanting to come to be honest. Like you say Lambert has the Premier League experience but always seems to have struggled here. Klinsmann might be a name who could attract a few high profile signings.

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Give him half a dozen "quality" signings and full squad cover....

... and I'm still not convinced we'd be much better.

We need a manager that gets us playing better football. Lambert is not that manager.

Genuinely think some of you are going to be in for a real shock if you think that there is actually a manager out there that could do much better than Lambert has given the injuries and suffocating restraints he has had to work under.

Give him half a dozen "quality" signings and full squad cover....

... and I'm still not convinced we'd be much better.

We need a manager that gets us playing better football. Lambert is not that manager.

Obviously this is all personal opinion but out of interest who do you think this manager is?

We may find out one way or another soon?

I for one am willing to risk a new face at the helm. Please check the replacement thread for a whole host of names.

Get rid -----------------------------------------------------neutral-------------------------------------------------------------keep him

Big john10------------------------------------------------nobody on VT----------------me----------------------------------villa rev

That's as close as I hope to get to labelling anyone.

(Apologies to big john and VR if I misrepresent or offend..... But since I didn't misrepresent, sorry if I offend.)

I'm only offended that you didn't offend me. :(;):P:)

Obviously this is all personal opinion but out of interest who do you think this manager is?

I'm not sure what difference that makes. I can spout all sorts of names and you can agree or poo-poo them to your hearts content.

Simple fact is this: Based on what I have seen from Lambert over the last 2 seasons, I'm not convinced we have any real future under him - money or not.

I'm not sure what difference that makes. I can spout all sorts of names and you can agree or poo-poo them to your hearts content.

Simple fact is this: Based on what I have seen from Lambert over the last 2 seasons, I'm not convinced we have any real future under him - money or not.

I wasn't having a pop, I just meant that nobody really knows which managers would or wouldn't come to Villa. I was just intrigued to know who you thought could come in and play better football than Lambert allowing for the constraints he has worked under.

I wasn't having a pop, I just meant that nobody really knows which managers would or wouldn't come to Villa. I was just intrigued to know who you thought could come in and play better football than Lambert allowing for the constraints he has worked under.

I hear the "constraints" argument a lot. It simply doesn't wash with me.

I know Lambert has had a limited budget - but what club outside the top 4 doesn't? I don't believe he has got the best out of even this limited squad. I don't see him building anything that resembles a plan in the way we play. In fact, I'd even wager that the football we play now hasn't improved from what we saw when he was still getting to grips with the squad at the beginning of last season.

We don't have the budget to compete with the big boys. We may never have. So we need to play better, smarter football. I don't see anything in the shamozzle of the last 2 seasons that suggests Lambert can do that - even with a bigger budget and more time.

I hear the "constraints" argument a lot. It simply doesn't wash with me.

I know Lambert has had a limited budget - but what club outside the top 4 doesn't? I don't believe he has got the best out of even this limited squad. I don't see him building anything that resembles a plan in the way we play. In fact, I'd even wager that the football we play now hasn't improved from what we saw when he was still getting to grips with the squad at the beginning of last season.

We don't have the budget to compete with the big boys. We may never have. So we need to play better, smarter football. I don't see anything in the shamozzle of the last 2 seasons that suggests Lambert can do that - even with a bigger budget and more time.

Ok, but my question was, who?

Change the record.

This 'there is not another manager out there that could do better than Lambert under the current constraints' line is really starting to become tiresome.

There are many managers in the world (yes, I said the world not just the UK) that could do better than Lambert.

• Like 3

Villa boss Paul Lambert on owner Randy Lerner's statement on future of club due next week "I fully intend to be here next season”

that means nothing sure he hardly will say he don't think he will be here like

Villa boss Paul Lambert on owner Randy Lerner's statement on future of club due next week "I fully intend to be here next season”

This surely dispels the resigning rumours.

Â