Paul Lambert

limpid

Our front line was missing Benteke, Kozak, Gabby and Albrighton!  I don't see what other option the manager had than to try and keep it tight and hopefully sneak a goal.  It's unbelievable the tripe that people come out with on here to try and justify their opinion!

I think we had the use of most of them when Stoke put 4 past us so what is your lame excuse for that?

Our front line was missing Benteke, Kozak, Gabby and Albrighton!  I don't see what other option the manager had than to try and keep it tight and hopefully sneak a goal.  It's unbelievable the tripe that people come out with on here to try and justify their opinion!

Isn't this how he sets us up for every game?

Isn't this how he sets us up for every game?

No. We took the game to Liverpool in the away fixture.

Against Man City I think Lambert's tactics were designed to maintain the integrity of the league and that bullshit. So he kept it tight for 60 minutes (didn't go for the win from the start which would have looked cavalier) then went for it.

He did what he did because of the limited resources available. Against Liverpool we had Gabby and Benteke. Against Man City we had Bowery and that is no disrespect to Bowery.

Let's all just be totally honest here please. If we had attacked or defended last night in all probability we would have been well beaten.

The Lambert detractors are just using this match as a stick to beat him with, which reflects more on their current intransigence, than it does on Paul Lambert.

The 'Lambert detractors' as you refer to those that are of a differing opinion to you, do not need the Man City match as a stick to beat him with as they have a whole warehouse full of planks to beat him with after 2 years of utter dross.

The Man City game was just another milestone in what has become an abysmal trek.

• Like 2

It looks to be mortally wounded for me and Im not sure he has the fight in him for another season.

If there is no takeover and no increase investment from the owner he would be best walking as ultimately we will be relegated next season anyway.

I've seen this a lot on here and I'm not sure I totally agree. Let's say Lambert get's 3 £7m players in the summer, let's say a LB and two central midfielders, one more defensive and one more a trequartista. Add to that Benteke, Okore, Kozak, Carruthers, Gardner, Zog and Gabby back to fitness. Plus Grealish, Robinson and maybe DJ and one or two more pushing through from the academy and the current crop being a year older and wiser. I'd say we'd be mid-table barring another Culverhouse/Karsa mental happening and a crazy injury crisis or two.

Hmmm- has any of our kids bar Gabby been good enough to play for any other side in the prem in the last 10 years? I don't think hoping the kids will be alright is a good tactic any more. I won't get fooled again on that one.

Haven't we lost six of the last eight? I don't think anybody is blaming Lambert because of last nights game.

Yes we have picked up a massive 4 points from a possible 24.

Last night was about integrity, if he didn't park the bus for 60 minutes it may have been 5,6,7 maybe even 8. It wouldn't have looked great on his cv to be clattered at the end of the season. he wants to be sacked with at least a bit of dignity!!!

I don't think there was any shame in last night's results and those criticising Lambert for his tactics in that game just come across as desperate to criticise, frankly.

I really don't get why some posters have to be so over the top all the time. The last few months have been a disaster in terms of our results, so why undermine your credibility by complaining Lambert didn't go out and attack against the best team in the league at home? All it does it generate sympathy for the person you're trying to discredit (who has been doing a more than ample job of discrediting himself lately anyway).

Edited by Panto_Villan
  • Like 3

I don't think there was any shame in last night's results and those criticising Lambert for his tactics in that game just come across as desperate to criticise, frankly.

I really don't get why some posters have to be so over the top all the time. The last few months have been a disaster in terms of our results, so why undermine your credibility by complaining Lambert didn't go out and attack against the best team in the league at home? All it does it generate sympathy for the person you're trying to discredit (who has been doing a more than ample job of discrediting himself lately anyway).

I assure you nobody is 'desperate' to criticise Lambert. There is more than enough evidence to underpin the criticism he gets.

Â