Paul Lambert

limpid

We will now probably end up with less points than last season in which we came  to the giddy heights of 15th. Although in fairness the players are trying hard and are playing for the manager they are mostly just not good enough. Lambert has kept us up with little money but that is about it and I expect a parting of manager and club within a month, The experiment has not worked, and how much you blame the manager ,the owner, or us, in being naive enough in thinking buying cheap will work is up to yourselves.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Why is conceding 2 extra goals crucial?

If you concede 2 extra goals I think it is fair to say that can have some impact on how the defence has done when the performance of the defence is being judged.

Interestingly those 2 goals could cost the club over £1m in prize money if we finish level on points with a team and our goal difference is inferior because of them.

But we gave two youth products who could be worth multiple millions each valuable real game experience at a moment when it doesn't threaten our league status.

(Did you miss the bit when two defenders were subbed for 2 18 year old attackers?)

Why is conceding 2 extra goals crucial?

If you concede 2 extra goals I think it is fair to say that can have some impact on how the defence has done when the performance of the defence is being judged.

Interestingly those 2 goals could cost the club over £1m in prize money if we finish level on points with a team and our goal difference is inferior because of them.

But we gave two youth products who could be worth multiple millions each valuable real game experience at a moment when it doesn't threaten our league status.

(Did you miss the bit when two defenders were subbed for 2 18 year old attackers?)

Con...come on!! Valuable game experience?? The game was lost when city went 1-0 up which wouldve been a better time to bring on jack and callum. Imo if your going to blood the youth or give them valuable exerience the give them more time on the pitch- which is what lambert should have done. Bringing players on with a couple of mins to go is a waste unless its tactical.

Im sure if you asked grealish for example which is better for development, 5 min against city when the game is lost or 90 mins for notts county, it would be the latter. The only value in bringing them both on with a couple of mins to go will be the memory of coming on in a big game, and im sure both wouldve experienced that at some point anyway.

Lambert shouldve done it ages ago with these 2 when he realised players like tonev, helenius etc werent going to get game time, instead of sticking them on the bench for nothing.

• Like 2

all Notts County games are over for the season. this is all additional experience for Jack.

Jack and Callum could have come on earlier but then who do you take off?

remember you are playing Man City and 80% time you don't have the ball and even when you're set up defensive they create 1 chance every 5 minutes.

you can't really take Westwood, Delph or El Ahmadi out of the midfield.

• Like 1

all Notts County games are over for the season. this is all additional experience for Jack.

remember you are playing Man City and 80% time you don't have the ball and even when you're set up defensive they create 1 chance every 5 minutes.

I know its additional experience, but 5 min is truly valuable is it?! Why cant you take off westwood, delph or kea? What did they really contribute? The other thing is, we lost anyway, it wasnt as if the 3 midfielders mentioned were going to get us back in the game even at 1-0. And when you lose 4-0 is 5 or 6 that much worse in order to give the youngsters more time on the pitch? If of course your interested in the development. Personally im pissed off that these 2 werent given more time this season considering how shit weve been.

I wonder which manager could have got anything out of the game last night with the players Lambert had at his disposal. 

Exactly.

I'm not convinced by Lambert at all - but playing the league leaders at home with their title on the line, and us with nothing to play for while shipping 4 goal (with 2 in injury time) is quite simply NOT a rope to hang Lambert by.

• Like 2

I wonder which manager could have got anything out of the game last night with the players Lambert had at his disposal.

Exactly.

I'm not convinced by Lambert at all - but playing the league leaders at home with their title on the line, and us with nothing to play for while shipping 4 goal (with 2 in injury time) is quite simply NOT a rope to hang Lambert by.

Your correct of corse, especially with the players we had missing.

I do hope as well that past this season Lambert is given the chance to stay on, be it either with Randy staying and more money to spend/same restrictions that have been in place or with new owners who are willing to splash out. The past two seasons Lambert has had so little to work with, being asked to overhaul a squad with 40 million while only being able to offer what are presumably bottom of the table wages. There have been many opportunities where Lambert could be critical of Randy and throw a strop, (eg when we were in the midst of relegation last January and Randy only sanctioned funds to buy a Ligue 2 player and a championship level winger on loan), but he has gone about his job understanding the restrictions and kept the side in the league in incredibly tough circumstances. IMO he has been an extremely loyal servant to the club in his two seasons here and if he leaves I wish him all the best and hope he gets another opportunity down the road to fulfill his potential. But I really do hope he can get at least half a season with decent backing from the owner of the club.

• Like 1

I would have started a 433 against them. For the life of me playing 5 at the back when 2 of the centrebacks are liabilities is crazy. Why increase the chances of error?

I wouldn't have started them against City but after being down 1-0 I would have brought them on.. not wait till its 3-0. What is the point?

I'd start both kids either side of Gabby on Saturday. Would even give Donacien a run next to Vlaar.

I would have started a 433 against them. For the life of me playing 5 at the back when 2 of the centrebacks are liabilities is crazy. Why increase the chances of error?

I wouldn't have started them against City but after being down 1-0 I would have brought them on.. not wait till its 3-0. What is the point?

I'd start both kids either side of Gabby on Saturday. Would even give Donacien a run next to Vlaar.

I think it was 2 nil if memory serves me right that the first kid was put on bit the. Clark did have a knock

But we didn't defensively **** up against City - they undid us brilliantly and we held out very well for the time that we did.

In his post match interview when asked about what needs to be improved on for next season, he doesn't answer the questions and starts talking about the chairman and the statement he is going to release in the next 6/7 days. For me, that obviously shows that Lambert is not gonna be in charge next season.

I think you're right - I said a few posts back, even if Lerner stays - I think he would bin Lambert - he would need to be seen to be doing something.

I think Moyes or Laudrup will be our next manager.

If Lerner was staying and getting rid of Lambert then he may well of just done it on Sunday after we were safe. Keeping up for another week seems pointless.

Â