Paul Lambert

limpid

Ive heard it all now!! On another thread villa fans actually wanted villa to LOSE tonight to stop liverpool winning the league...now im reading that losing 4-0 today was a good defensive performance??

Its a strange world we live in.

We could really finish 17th. If we do then he's gone. I know it doesn't really matter all that much 'cos we're safe, but a finishing position of 17th is not acceptable.

Is one match against spurs the difference between acceptable or unacceptable?

No,

Before today we could have finished 11th.

After next week we could finish 17th.

The difference between 11th - 17th determines what's acceptable. The table doesn't lie. If we finished 13th i'd take that. If we finish 17th then I wouldn't

No it doesn't, really....the only way we have got anywhere near 11th would have been an earthquake or plane crash.....we've been shit for so long now we're numbed to reality....

We were 6 points of 11th. We had 2 games left. Football is a game where anything can happen. Remember a couple of years we had Arsenal and Liverpool as our final games? People didn't give us a chance....  We won both games. It happens.

Give it up mate, you're embarrassing yourself......

Has changed his tune, said earlier last week he didn't know what lerner was going to say, today post match claims the statement will be a 'bit different' suggesting he knows what's going to happen.

Cryptic... :detect:

Bewildered at the 'we defended well' comments ?....we spent 70 minutes kicking the ball as hard as we could away from our goal, 10 minutes chasing lost causes with no forward threat and the rest of the time running around a bit hoping we could get in the way of their forwards.........

The line held extremely well for most of the game, we worked as a unit and they were far more disciplined than we're used to

In his post match interview when asked about what needs to be improved on for next season, he doesn't answer the questions and starts talking about the chairman and the statement he is going to release in the next 6/7 days. For me, that obviously shows that Lambert is not gonna be in charge next season.

Edited by KJT123

Conceding 4 goals is not a good defensive performance!

It was until the 3rd and 4th goal went in, by which time we made those attacking substitutions and were playing for shits and giggles.

Crucially the 3rd and 4th goals did go in! We defended well for an hour but on the whole our defending was not good enough. If it was we wouldn't have conceded 4 goals for the 4th time in 8 matches.
Why crucially? Are we still looking at GD?

We could really finish 17th. If we do then he's gone. I know it doesn't really matter all that much 'cos we're safe, but a finishing position of 17th is not acceptable.

Is one match against spurs the difference between acceptable or unacceptable?

No,

Before today we could have finished 11th.

After next week we could finish 17th.

The difference between 11th - 17th determines what's acceptable. The table doesn't lie. If we finished 13th i'd take that. If we finish 17th then I wouldn't

No it doesn't, really....the only way we have got anywhere near 11th would have been an earthquake or plane crash.....we've been shit for so long now we're numbed to reality....

We were 6 points of 11th. We had 2 games left. Football is a game where anything can happen. Remember a couple of years we had Arsenal and Liverpool as our final games? People didn't give us a chance....  We won both games. It happens.

Give it up mate, you're embarrassing yourself......

Why? 

All i've done is state facts, have I not? 

You seem like someone who tries to get a reaction out of people, give it a rest. 

• Like 1

In his post match interview when asked about what needs to be improved on for next season, he doesn't answer the questions and starts talking about the chairman and the statement he is going to release in the next 6/7 days. For me, that obviously shows that Lambert is not gonna be in charge next season.

I think you're right - I said a few posts back, even if Lerner stays - I think he would bin Lambert - he would need to be seen to be doing something.

I think Moyes or Laudrup will be our next manager.

We were awful tonight. I switched off after the 1st went in as I knew the flood gates would open up. All I was watching for was to see how long we could frustrate city for until they scored. Yippy.

Shite performance by a shite team. Disgraceful and the away fans should be reimbursed for all costs of their trip.

Yes indeed you have stated 'facts'....the facts that suit you. For us to get 11th would have required us to beat Man City and Spurs away whilst hoping that Crystal Palace, one of the current form teams of the division got nothing. Thanks for that, I hope we win the league next season - hopefully nobody else plays until June.

Seems like he doesn't quite know the parameters he's going to be working with even if he is still here.

Who knows, all will become clear in the near future I hope, this paralysis is not good for anyone.

If he does go he goes with my graces, he's had a hard job to do and done it (just about) - if not I'll give him my full support again next season.

• Like 4

Odd decisions today, we looked reasonably secure at the back first half, with their full backs causing the biggest problems.

Second half we played a much higher line, gave them much more space in behind to attack and were very vulnerable.

This was obviously a plan, but I don't know why you'd want the give them the space to attack into.

Nice to see grealish get his debut though, but more time against Tottenham please. 5 minutes but should have been more the game was over after they scored the first.

It was until the 3rd and 4th goal went in, by which time we made those attacking substitutions and were playing for shits and giggles.

Crucially the 3rd and 4th goals did go in! We defended well for an hour but on the whole our defending was not good enough. If it was we wouldn't have conceded 4 goals for the 4th time in 8 matches.

The more goals you concede generally the worse the defensive performance is. To judge the defensive performance you need to see how many goals you've conceded in the entire match IMO.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

In his post match interview he looked like he expects the sack. No

conviction left in him at all. Dreadful shame when I've always been so supportive of him, just like thousands of others.

Yes mate, so both of you keep saying.

The more goals you concede generally the worse the defensive performance is. To judge the defensive performance you need to see how many goals you've conceded in the entire match IMO.
Well not really as it's not quite as simple as how many goals you concede. But anyway, I'm still not sure why you think those 2 extra goals were crucial?

Yes indeed you have stated 'facts'....the facts that suit you. For us to get 11th would have required us to beat Man City and Spurs away whilst hoping that Crystal Palace, one of the current form teams of the division got nothing. Thanks for that, I hope we win the league next season - hopefully nobody else plays until June.

I didn't say we would finish 11th, I said we could. Which we could have. I also said we could finish 17th. Which we might. What's your problem? 

Edited by PieFacE

Why is conceding 2 extra goals crucial?

If you concede 2 extra goals I think it is fair to say that can have some impact on how the defence has done when the performance of the defence is being judged.

Interestingly those 2 goals could cost the club over £1m in prize money if we finish level on points with a team and our goal difference is inferior because of them.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

Â