Paul Lambert

limpid

I'd hate to say it, but let's keep him unless a clearly better choice appears. He knows the team, he has already molded a lot of club to his liking, and there is no way any new manager would get us top 10 unless he was given considerable backing by the owner. Lambert will sign a few more players and hopefully be given more money to spend. Barring major injuries, I could see next season Lambert being his year to shine. 

One argument you can make for this season is, the signings that Lambert made to boost the squad got injured or underperformed at times. We essentially went through this season with the same squad as last, but this time some major names got injured or just did not play as well as they did last season.

How did we do last season?

15th. You could have looked that up easily yourself.

He's visibly aged since taking the job.

So have I so he has to go now. I don't want to be looking like Bruce Forsyth by the end of next season!  :D

At least you might see a good game, good game.

• Like 2

Failing to see how losing more home games in a season than any other Villa manager in 140 years is in anyway a misleading silly little stat to be honest but I guess that's opinions for you.

Its already been explained why.
An opinion doesn't constitute an explanation.

What's meaningless or pointless to some will not be to others, who's to say who is correct.

I'll take the more points at home fact then thanks.

I'm ok with taking the points at home fact as long as you also accept the limited funds for transfers and for salaries fact.

Extremely aggravating for either side in the discussion to pretend that all the facts are on their side and all the baseless opinion belongs to the other. Nonsense. There are plenty of facts on both sides. Hence the discussion.

Who has facts is not the question, it's which facts you weigh most heavily that matters. And that's a fact.

• Like 4

I'm ok with taking the points at home fact as long as you also accept the limited funds for transfers and for salaries fact.

Extremely aggravating for either side in the discussion to pretend that all the facts are on their side and all the baseless opinion belongs to the other. Nonsense. There are plenty of facts on both sides. Hence the discussion.

Who has facts is not the question, it's which facts you weigh most heavily that matters. And that's a fact.

The only fact that matters is that we will have a new manager and owner for next season.

When Man City destroy us 10-0 on Wednesday all you Lambert Luvvies are going to want him out as much as everyone else.

Thanks to those Lambert Luvvies and their bloody logic I'm starting to warm *slightly* to the idea of him staying with investment. When he's had more than a million to spend on a player he's done well (and occasionally with even less).

Or at least, I'm not *completely* averse to it. I maintain he has good ideas but doesn't know how to implement them consistently. Maybe a decent coach or two (and better players) might help him to do so...

*Might*

• Like 2

When Man City destroy us 10-0 on Wednesday all you Lambert Luvvies are going to want him out as much as everyone else.

Thanks to those Lambert Luvvies and their bloody logic I'm starting to warm *slightly* to the idea of him staying with investment. When he's had more than a million to spend on a player he's done well (and occasionally with even less).

Or at least, I'm not *completely* averse to it. I maintain he has good ideas but doesn't know how to implement them consistently. Maybe a decent coach or two (and better players) might help him to do so...

*Might*

dave isnt that logic flawed? If the signings had done well then how come we have been so poor? With the exception of benteke there really isnt any other gem in his signings which considering the number he has made makes you wonder if he really does have this talent?

Get rid of him now and lets get someone new and better in asap

• Like 1

he had 2 years to show us something.....even if its grass shoots.

not for me thanks.....won't be paying up front for this man.

ps at 1 mill a year wages i would keep the "taxi meter" running with promises of a great tomorrow......wiith funds.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

*Might*

Sticking with Lambert will put a huge downer on any takeover that happens. Lambert is a bad smell and a relic of Lerner. We deserve way, way better than that out-of-his-depth charlatan.

• Like 1

With more money, better coaches and better players he might do better. That could be said for 99% of all managers at all levels.

*Might*

Sticking with Lambert will put a huge downer on any takeover that happens. Lambert is a bad smell and a relic of Lerner. We deserve way, way better than that out-of-his-depth charlatan.

Which is why he won't be here.

he had 2 years to show us something.....even if its grass shoots.

not for me thanks.....won't be paying up front for this man.

ps at 1 mill a year wages i would keep the "taxi meter" running with promises of a great tomorrow......wiith funds.

It's not easy progressing when all the teams below and over you are spending and strenghtening more than you

Being a nice man or a decent chap doesn't or shouldn't disguise the fact that his record here has shown that he has mixed it with the worst managers at the club.

The old adage that there should be no sentiment in business should apply to his performance here and I cannot wait for him to leave.

Yes, he's mixed it with the worst managers but, hasn't he also had what is probably the worst squad in living memory? OK, people will say that he bought a load of them but, what are you supposed to do when you only have a relatively, in Premier League terms, small amount of money? People say he should have gone out and bought a playmaker - what with? Does 1 or 2 million really get you that kind of player? He tried for Hoolahan but the tool at Norwich wouldn't sell to us because of our previous dealings with them.

I'm not saying I'm all for Lambert staying. Also not saying I want him gone. I just want us to be taken over by someone with a load of spare cash who can bring some nous in at the highest level to make the right managerial decision for our beloved club.

Yeah but that will be Cowans and Givens fault. 

It always is everyone elses fault!

• Like 1

The only fact that matters is that we will have a new manager and owner for next season.

Ehhh.... are you taking the piss???

I remember reading back through several of the threads what differentiated Lambert from Mcleish last season was that under Mcleish we got steadily worse.

That was used to defend Lambert and it had some merit but not now.

There really isn't anything else to defend him with now other than some thinking we'd be better off sticking with Lambert because the pool of managers available are nothing to write home about. That really depends on what actual pool of managers any new owners would be looking at and may be outside the boundaries of what we currently think are realistic.

• Like 1

Â