Paul Lambert

limpid

In my view, Lambert's problem is that he can't get a performance out of what he's got - the sign of a worthy manager. You can count on two hands 100% performances since he arrived.

Yes, he's had one arm behind his back, but most of what he's bought hasn't worked, and after 2 seasons you have two or three players worthy of the side and no progress or anything to build on. Even with £200m spent it would be a miracle if we are anything other than mid table next season.

I don't want to see him in our dug out next season, awful tactically inept manager that's clearly out of his depth.

If we do get a new owner who wants to invest, I'm not sure I'd want him to give Lambert the money, I'd rather he gave it to a proven manager that wouldn't jizz it up the wall.

Definitely has to go.

That's 2 straight seasons now we haven't been safe until after our 36th game of the season and that's not good enough. I like the man, but he's not the bloke to take this club forward. 10 wins in 38 last season and 10 wins in 36 so far this season isn't acceptable and never will be. 

Under Houllier we weren't mathematically safe until after our 36th game with a much much better squad. Under Mcleish we weren't safe until after our 37th (may even have been the last game). 

Maybe the problem is bigger than the manager. I don't think he's done a great job but when given the objective of reduce the wage bill and avoid relegation its very hard for a manager to shine. If we are taken over I would like to see him given half a season to see what he can do.

• Like 2

Today's line up is pathetic

Today's line up is pathetic

That is an enormous understatement!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does Lambert not understand that line up invites to much pressure and is why we have been losing at home and the fans are on his back!!!

Not even Big Sam would have lined up like this

Meh... Pathetic from a pathetic man

Pathetic lineup from McLeishbert. He really has lost the plot.

A Hull side with nothing to play for FFS. He's shitting his pants.

No clue other than to park the bus!

Unbelievable some people want this muppet managing us next year!

No clue other than to park the bus!

Unbelievable some people want this muppet managing us next year!

Makes very little sense, given that a draw is only moderately more useful to us than a loss (in that it doesn't really change what other teams need to do for us to go down)

jennifer-lawrence-10.gif

Just shows that fans don't know as much as they think. They have the cheek to call Lambert tactically clueless.

• Like 3

Two things I can't forgive, the inability to come with an answer to our woeful home form.

And secondly the business with his assistants. How can he have allowed something to fester within the club on his watch.

For what it's worth though, I feel like he's talking like he knows his fate. Lambert's tone has changed significantly since Lerner's public statement.

Points at Home

2011/12 - 19

2012/13 - 20

2013/14 - 21

Points wise we have progressed at home under Lambert

People like to focus on the negative, they focus on how many games we've lost at home.

The last 3 seasons

Won 6 drawn 3 lost 10

Won 5 drawn 5 lost 9

Won 4 drawn 7 lost 8

We've actually won more games at home this season than last season and under McLeish. Its the fact that we've lost more that people look at and not the points. McLeish played for draws, Lambert doesn't, a couple of those games he could have played for draws and nobody would be on about most home defeats in a season. Last time I checked it was points that make a difference, I'd rather have win and losses than draws and losses.

• Like 2

The team for today picked its self, we had to go with what was left and maybe the Sid has had a bit more time to work with them.

Not really, I doubt many people would have gone for the much-criticised 5 (or 3) at the back. Also many people were hinting that Holt should play, as it was unlikely that Weimann or Gabby were capable of scoring. The most obvious line-up would probably have been 4-4-3, Guzan, Bertrand, Vlaar, Clark, Lowton, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph, Gabby, Holt, Albrighton.

The team for today picked its self, we had to go with what was left and maybe the Sid has had a bit more time to work with them.

Not really, I doubt many people would have gone for the much-criticised 5 (or 3) at the back. Also many people were hinting that Holt should play, as it was unlikely that Weimann or Gabby were capable of scoring. The most obvious line-up would probably have been 4-4-3, Guzan, Bertrand, Vlaar, Clark, Lowton, Westwood, El Ahmadi, Delph, Gabby, Holt, Albrighton.

Also no one, myself included, would have brought on Bowery when gabby had to go off. I thought Holt would have cone on but I'm glad to say own goal apart he did well and was involved in both of wiemanns goals.

• Like 2

To the 2500 Villa fans at Palace & all those who wanted Lambert out & failed to back him...

If you stuck to your idiosyncratic support of Lambert then it would be fine but your ceaseless digs at other Villa fans who fail to measure up to your standards are beyond the pale.

No. It is fully justified because fans love to have a dig at Lambert even when he is being positive but they can't accept anyone having a dig at them when they are being negative.

Also, the fans react emotionally, which is fine, because they, like you & me only want success for our heroes. My point remains however that those fans were/ are wrong.

To their credit some have actually come on VT & held their hands up.

There is nothing wrong with admitting you were wrong.

Also. NB   I am wrong a lot of the time too & have no problem admitting it.

I firmly believe I am right on this occasion though.

We will see at the end of the season whether the board think you're right.

In my view, Lambert's problem is that he can't get a performance out of what he's got - the sign of a worthy manager. You can count on two hands 100% performances since he arrived.

Yes, he's had one arm behind his back, but most of what he's bought hasn't worked, and after 2 seasons you have two or three players worthy of the side and no progress or anything to build on. Even with £200m spent it would be a miracle if we are anything other than mid table next season.

Err lol?

To have 2 years and be no better and actually in some areas be worse is not just not good enough. The owner has stuck with him because lambert was happy to work under these conditions to just survive. He'll be gone soon and while things might have been different had he had more money to spend unfortunatly the facts show he's been awful. I think he'll probably get one more chance at being a premiership manager somewhere else.

Also no one, myself included, would have brought on Bowery when gabby had to go off. I thought Holt would have cone on but I'm glad to say own goal apart he did well and was involved in both of wiemanns goals.

People mention it not being obvious but I think it's the other way round

Holt for Gabby would of been the obvious change but good on Lambert to bring on Bowery who did very well

Disagree - in terms of running channels, Bowery far more a straight swap for Gabby than Holt - shape would have changed with that one

• Like 1

To have 2 years and be no better and actually in some areas be worse is not just not good enough. The owner has stuck with him because lambert was happy to work under these conditions to just survive. He'll be gone soon and while things might have been different had he had more money to spend unfortunatly the facts show he's been awful. I think he'll probably get one more chance at being a premiership manager somewhere else.

We've picked up more points at home this season though and then you mention things might be different if he had more money to spend. He may as well get that chance here then!

We've picked up more points at home this season though and then you mention things might be different if he had more money to spend. He may as well get that chance here then!

It might have been different but he's done nothing to deserve that chance and he won't get it.

Â