Paul Lambert

limpid

PL not doing a lap at last home game is a disgrace.

look at the crap allardyce has had for the last few weeks yet he still had the backbone to do a lap and applaud the supporters.

its very significant, bye bye jellyfish lambert.

Mon never used to do it.

Once again Lambert shows his sheer genius by introducing Bowery. A player he spotted for a mere £500k.

Such a brave, brave boy Mr Lambert. You live by the sword & you die by the sword & your strength & fore sight in adversity show no bounds.

Fortune certainly favoured the brave today.

Somebody asked earlier in the thread for Lambert to show his cojones.

Unlike practically 35,000 fans recently, he has showed he not only has a huge  pair, but  also that he never lost his bottle.

Well done to all those posters on VT who have stuck by him as yours as proven to be the sounder judgement.

As for the away fans at Palace I repeat once again:

"You don't know what your doing."

In Lambert We Trust!

Is this a wind up, he was forced to make the change. If he had balls he would have walked the ground with his head help high...

PL not doing a lap at last home game is a disgrace.

look at the crap allardyce has had for the last few weeks yet he still had the backbone to do a lap and applaud the supporters.

its very significant, bye bye jellyfish lambert.

It's not really a disgrace. In interviews he's made it know, time after time, that he appreciates the support of the Villa fans, and he's repeated how we deserve much better. Him coming out would probably have resulted in booing from some quarters, and we didn't need that after a good performance.

When he is gone, it will be interesting to see how the new manager does it. First season will be transition, so then we just have to stay in the league. And we will found out if we have managed to improve to a top 10 finish in the the 2015/16 season and then start to improve to where we deserve to be.

Lambert has not hurt his reputation too badly, so I expect him to get a job again soon. The Fulham job would be a great one for him. I wish him the best.

• Like 2

3-1 stick that in your pipe and smoke it Lambert haters

So why has he no done this all season???

I'm glad there is only 2 games of the season remaining because usually when we get a good result usually several shite one's follow

I am probably very much in the minority but I would prefer to give him another season, especially if the financial restrictions might be lifted. Has he made mistakes over the past 2 years? Hell yes, but don't we all from time to time? As long as he learns from them and makes changes then it will benefit us going forwards. If we get rid of him, then who will want to come to us?? Who would we realistically get? Some manager that failed in at least one other club in all probability! Do you really think that a new manager would do much better with the current bunch of fit players? What this club needs is stability, the more successful clubs have kept the same manager for more than 2 seasons. Look at Arsenal, Everton (with Moyes), Man U (with Ferguson). I know that Chelski and $ity have changed their managers much more but they are huge spending exceptions who just buy success. I still believe that Lambert is a good, young manager and that there are exciting times ahead for The Villa...

• Like 3

3-1 stick that in your pipe and smoke it Lambert haters

I don't think there are "Lambert haters" or at least more than one or two - I think there are people who have decided that they don't think he's the manager to take us forward - I doubt very much those people aren't delighted that he's won today. You see, winning the game and staying up are more important than being right or wrong on any specific occasion I would say.

Lambert will go, all managers go eventually - when he looks back, I think he'll remember this as one of his good days.

Some of the comments pre match today regards his lineup, there are quite a few haters on here of him imo. All unjustified and proved to be so.

• Like 1

Once again Lambert shows his sheer genius by introducing Bowery. A player he spotted for a mere £500k.

Such a brave, brave boy Mr Lambert. You live by the sword & you die by the sword & your strength & fore sight in adversity show no bounds.

Unlike practically 35,000 fans recently, he has showed he not only has a huge  pair, but  also that he never lost his bottle.

Well done to all those posters on VT who have stuck by him as yours as proven to be the sounder judgement.

In Lambert We Trust!

So where's the quality been all season chap if we can grind out performances like this! Its a shame he'll be ***** off at close of season not to prove his genius????

In Lambert We Trust!

So where's the quality been all season chap if we can grind out performances like this! Its a shame he'll be ***** off at close of season not to prove his genius????

Like someone has already pointed out Manure have probably pulled out of the Van Gaal deal and are beelining towards Lambert as we speak

I still think if he was given money, he could spot the right players to turn this club where it needs to be.

With a back-room shakeup and football people put on the board, there is still a part of me that thinks he could be a success here.

In truth though, I don't think that oppurtunity will arise at the Villa.

If he was given another season under new ownership, I wouldn't be that fussed.

If he's let go at the end of the season, I wouldn't be that fussed.

• Like 1

Â