Paul Lambert

limpid

I wanted him as our manager when McLeish was sacked. But then that didn't blind me to the awful job he was doing. Nothing about hindsight, many fans could see exactly what was happening with this team.

I see a few who can no longer defend the manager have jumped at the chance to defend the idea that fans still want him here. Who cares? He's going.

Or maybe they've got bored of repeating themselves and getting the same responses?

Touché ;)

Yes, you can't educate pork.

But you can tell lots of porkies. ;)

Or even be mutton.  :D

Dressed as Lamb-bert knowing you wont be getting the chop. :P

Guys these comments are good news. Yes he knows he's going but these comments will demotivate the players who will feel not good enough. He should be uniting them and telling them they're good enough. Instead he's covering his own back and in the process is ruining and shred of confidence or players had left. We should have got rid and have the players some impetus into the last few games, as it is no one is on the same page and we'll go down

To me it sounds like he knows he's going and is trying to save his reputation by shifting the blame onto Randy and his transfer policy.

Yeah agree here! It's a good statment knowing he is gone at the end of the season. He is basically saying we should be heading higher and giving some respect to the club. Not saying much for the players though. Basically saying the players are not good enough for Villa! 

Going or not. Knows it or don't. He's being honest.

I don't think he is. There's no way he doesn't know what's going to happen in terms of a takeover in the summer.

He's obviously referring to the need for more investment on players...

This "we need to spend again" might be for the new owners benefit you know, maybe he knows lerners going and is saying to the new owners hes doing such an awful job. He's never once complained about it before even during both christmas periods where Lerner refused to back him, funny how he's started to question it all isnt it?

• Like 1

We're getting new owners but to me Lambert is saying he doesn't know whether he'll be staying or not. That will be down to the new owners. We all know he tried or wanted to sign these players previously but couldn't under Lerner.

Let's just hope for the sake of the club we're able to get the result required this weekend.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Going or not. Knows it or don't. He's being honest.

He's also being a cock. The only thing he should be concerned with this week is making the players feel like they can get out this mess. That the current position we are in is false, and that he above all others has faith in them to beat hull saturday. This statement does none of those things.

• Like 1

Leave Lambert alone & let him finish the job he has started under which ever regime happens to rule our Club.

I believe Lambert will get the best out of Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar, Okore, Kozak & Bacuna amongst others as they are his players & they will blossom & benefit further once he has further opportunity to add & introduce  real proven quality to the squad he has already assembled.

As other posters have stated, what is the point of replacing Lambo & reverting back to square one again? He has 2 years experience of the Club under his belt & has had to endure some really tough times & especially so with injuries. Up until recently the fans appeared to recognise & accept these handicaps & then probably out of sheer frustration a large majority of the fan base seemed to lose it completely & unfairly turn on Lambert & target him as the scapegoat.

This was never a short term project or a short term fix. Many fans initially recognised & bought into this but now for whatever reason things appear to have changed.

Fortunately, throughout all this Lambert has remained up beat & whilst many of the fans have gone OTT in their criticisms lately & thrown a wobbly, Lambert is the man I firmly want to be with in those trenches leading the charge.

Still the right man for the job for me. No question.

• Like 4

Leave Lambert alone & let him finish the job he has started under which ever regime happens to rule our Club.

I believe Lambert will get the best out of Guzan, Benteke, Vlaar, Okore, Kozak & Bacuna amongst others as they are his players & they will blossom & benefit further once he has further opportunity to add & introduce  real proven quality to the squad he has already assembled.

As other posters have stated, what is the point of replacing Lambo & reverting back to square one again? He has 2 years experience of the Club under his belt & has had to endure some really tough times & especially so with injuries. Up until recently the fans appeared to recognise & accept these handicaps & then probably out of sheer frustration a large majority of the fan base seemed to lose it completely & unfairly turn on Lambert & target him as the scapegoat.

This was never a short term project or a short term fix. Many fans initially recognised & bought into this but now for whatever reason things appear to have changed.

Fortunately, throughout all this Lambert has remained up beat & whilst many of the fans have gone OTT in their criticisms lately & thrown a wobbly, Lambert is the man I firmly want to be with in those trenches leading the charge.

Still the right man for the job for me. No question.

What's the project then? To break the play down into a non-passing, non-movement kick and rush fest so that we 'go again' and play like Barca the back end of next season?

One thing I agree with you on is that he'll get the best out of Guzan. The poor bloke gets enough practice each week.

• Like 1

VR, i really don't know what you see in him. I've sat at Villa park for every single home game since he took over. I could name about 5-6 games were we have showed real promise and played teams off the park. Not good enough.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

Your comments are nonsense.

Firstly he hasnt got the best out of the players, especially the other 12 he brought in that you forgot to mention.

Secondly, 2 years experience means zero if there is no progression. Its shows a lack of teaching, understanding and learning. In other words whatever is in place isnt working.

Thirdly the fans havent lost it, the club, manager and players have been losing it- literally for the past 2 years and beyond.

Forthly, lambert has had more support than any manager i can remember for the crap dished up, so your scapegoat comment is crap also. The fans in the main have been superb to lambert. To the point that most have allowed this crap to go on far too long without really voicing their anger and frustration.

Fifthly, lamberts not been upbeat?! Have you witnessed his interviews recently, body language, lack of ideas and lack of conviction in his own so called project- especially his comments about needing more quality, and although true are very ill timed with saturday looming. Actions as they say speak louder than words and i havent seen any positive action from lambert for a long time so you putting down the fans for not backing him further isnt really justified in itself really, is it?! What has he done so well that deserves further support?

• Like 1

Â