Paul Lambert

limpid

Vs Swansea for example:

Villa:

Guzan (Free/mid wages) Baker, Clark, Albrighton, Weimann (Youth/mid wages) Delph, Gabby (higher wages) Vlaar (£3m/ mid wages) Bacuna (£2m/mid wages) El Ahmadi (£2m/ mid wages) and Betrand (loan)Rough team cost around £7m (or £13m with Delph) and now low/ mid range wages

Swansea:

Vorm (£1.5m/low wages) Amat (£2.5m/ low wages) Williams and Davies (Youth/ Low wages) Rangel and Britton (tiny/ low wages) Britton Shelvey (£5m/ high wages) Hernandez (£5.5m/ mid wages) Routledge (£2m/ high wages) Bony (£12m/ high wages) and then Guzman on loan.

Rough team cost £28.5m with similarish (as much as you can guess) wages for the match squad overall.

I'm not sure exactly what you are defining as 'high wages' but you do know that Swansea have a wage-cap of around £30k right?

This is the reality of us vs. Swansea:

Lambert has spent £40.6m (£37.5m net) on 16 players* which averages at ~£2.5m per player.

Laudrup spent ~£39m (~£13m net) on 12 players** which averages at ~£3.25m per player.

*including Guzan, excluding loans

**excluding those who haven't played for the first team and loans

Edit: It should be noted that Laudrup utilised the loan-market a lot more to bulk out his squad.

Also to note Swansea had the likes of Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer, Routledge, Davies to utlilise. Whereas PL had to call upon Clark, Baker, Gabby, Weimann and Delph. I know what set of players I'd like to have called upon. Rodgers also managed to build a decent side there, whereas we had a really poor set of overpaid players. And on top of that Laudrup was working for Hew Jenkins, man who knows what he's doing and questioned the manager on certain things, something PF or Randy could never do as they haven't a clue about football.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

I want Lambert out but I have to agree with fans that say not many managers could do much better. I remember seeing the first team he fielded against West Ham at the start of last season and I said we are going down. This would have been a reality if it wasn't for one of Lamberts signings so in that regard you have to give him a little credit.

I do think Lambert has to go but I also think whoever takes over is also damned. No manager can do anything with this squad and the restrictions in place. I think It's going to be a relegation battle every year until we eventually go down. This is regardless of who is in charge.

• Like 1

Also to note Swansea had the likes of Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer, Routledge, Davies to utlilise. Whereas PL had to call upon Clark, Baker, Gabby, Weimann and Delph. I know what set of players I'd like to have called upon. Rodgers also managed to build a decent side there, whereas we had a really poor set of overpaid players. And on top of that Laudrup was working for Hew Jenkins, man who knows what he's doing and questioned the manager on certain things, something PF or Randy could never do as they haven't a clue about football.

Firstly, I wasn't trying to say the situations of both managers was directly comparable, rather I was disputing the idea that Swansea have superior resources to us. Though most of the players inherited by Laudrup aren't anything special. I believe Lambert had the budget to buy a similar calibre of player to the likes of Routledge and Rangal.

Intersting that you include Davies. A player given his debut and shown faith in by Laudrup. Something Lambert could've done but has consistantly chosen not to.

Blame Paul Lambert. Blah! Blah! Blah!

It's all his fault. Blah! Blah! Blah!

You don't know what your doing. Blah! Blah! Blah!

He hasn't got a clue. Blah! Blah! Blah!

I never wanted him in the first place. Blah! Blah! Blah!

We go again. Blah! Blah! Blah!

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I  wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I  wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

Thanks for relieving any doubts I had that you are intentionally trolling just to provoke a reaction.

Thanks for relieving any doubts I had that you are intentionally trolling just to provoke a reaction.

No. I have been consistent IMO from day one & have backed Paul Lambert implicitely. There are still fans who recognise his virtues. Ultimately it won't be me who calls time on his services but that is out of my hands entirely as it always will be.

I just think fans have gone OTT since the Palace game & are having a cheap pop at Paul Lambert who has been bustin' his balls trying to get the juggernaut to turn 180 degrees.

They say that you find out more about people & fans  when in adversity than when your having great success.

Many Man Utd fans wanted Sour Alex out after 3 seasons. They were wrong.

I believe many Villa fans are wrong about Lambo.

I just hope the current board keep faith or a new board too if the prospective take over speculation comes to fruition.

One day Paul Lambert is gonna' prove you all wrong. I just hope this turns out to be during his tenure at Villa Park.

He goes again. We go again. ;)

• Like 3

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

Think you need to assess who it it you support, lambert or villa. What you should do is contact lambert and see if he'll take you on as his number 2(in his next job) because you both talk nonsense!!

Well actually No. I don't blame Paul Lambert. It's definitely not his fault. He does know what he is doing. He has very much more than a clue. I wanted him in 100% in the first place & still do & like he says guys, "We go again."

Think you need to assess who it it you support, lambert or villa. What you should do is contact lambert and see if he'll take you on as his number 2(in his next job) because you both talk nonsense!!

I think you'll find that there are currently about 35,000 fans behaving like number two's at the moment.

Leave the guy alone & give him a break.

Like every Villa fan on VT I support Aston Villa. I eat, breath & sleep the club. Villa are my raison d' etre.

Just accept we all have different opinions & nobody ultimately is gonna change 'em.

Betting suspended on him being the next manager to leave.

I can't find any odds on any manager being sacked anywhere....?

Hmm...I saw on Twitter that they are no longer taking bets on next manager to leave because the market has been suspended due to Lambert.

Doing more research it seems the market has just been suspended, for some reason? 

Morale of the story, dont use Twitter as any kind of source for information

Edited by PieFacE

Â