Paul Lambert

limpid

It's a darn pity Lambert left Norwich so acrimoniously because I'd drive him back there myself with his useless coaching staff.

Yes, he could've done 'an Eddie Howe' had he not burned all his bridges there.

Lambert wont resign, although he should imo.

Lerner wont sack Lambert, although he should imo.

We are stuck with Lambert heading (this season or next) down into the Championship. This is the 4th season in succession that the club who were the "Pride of the Midlands" are trying to avoid relegation, sooner or later we will not be able to avoid the drop.

And to think I used to be optimistic, lol.

Lambert wont resign, although he should imo.

Lerner wont sack Lambert, although he should imo.

We are stuck with Lambert heading (this season or next) down into the Championship. This is the 4th season in succession that the club who were the "Pride of the Midlands" are trying to avoid relegation, sooner or later we will not be able to avoid the drop.

And to think I used to be optimistic, lol.

I'd have to agree with you there unfortunately.

The manager remit seems to have little to do with football any more just saving money.

I waited until the dust had settled before making this comment.

For me Saturday sums up Lambert pretty well. He picked the wrong team, he picked the wrong formation, he showed either arrogance or stupidity in playing players in unfamiliar and unsuitable positions (Bertrand is not a central midfielder), he was tactically naive at best or just downright  dumb.

First half we were the better of two very poor sides, but as soon as Magath made the changes and brought on Dejagah and Rodallega he sat around and did nothing to combat a change that tipped the balance in Fulham's favour.

When he did make substitutions, Bennett (who admittedly was having a poor second half, mainly because he was left with no protection when Dejagah came on by the 4-3-3 formation) for Tonev (who did ok) and Bowery for Albrighton (in the 90th minute, Wtf????) neither really changed the game.

Why oh why did he not take Weimann off ? Why didn't we see what Callum Robinson could have done (surely there was an opportunity to switch to 4-4-2 sooner?) , Holt needs a zippy player alongside him, he can't play like Benteke completely alone as he doesn't have the ability to create something from nothing.

Usually at this time of the year it's the players that have their minds on a holiday, but for us it seems Lambert is already sunning himself on a beach !

If we are to get rid of Lambert, Ii think we could do allot worse than Neil Lennon.  He was on MOT2 last night touting himself out for the Norwich Job.  Couldn’t have been more clear that he wanted to move to the prem.  So we know he will come if asked. 

Yes he doesn’t come across as a very nice person but who cares if he is a good manager.  Tactically he has it and players under him never seem to be unhappy.  Also according to other managers/players there isn’t any one more knowledgeable about players around the world than him.

If we are to get rid of Lambert, Ii think we could do allot worse than Neil Lennon. 

Could we?  He's spent the last two years essentially playing in a one team league.  I think that after O'Neill, McLeish and Lambert, we need to try something other than dour British scrappers.  I'm not saying he wouldn't do a good job, but managing Celtic doesn't really tell us anything about his ability.

• Like 1

Why are we even having this discussion. It's the Fulham game, right?

I'm not being wise after the event, I said in the match thread before the game that we were nailed on to lose that game with the players available. Fulham needed to win and we could afford to lose. Anyone who follows football will know that those are circumstances where even the best sides struggle, and we don't yet have one of the best sides.

Lambert had a sow's ear on Saturday, no manager could have made a silk purse out of it, don't kid yourselves.

• Like 1

I hope we look beyond the borders of Scotland the next time we hire a manager.

In fact i hope our next manager has no ties what so ever to the fair country of Scotland, be it origin, residency or schooling.

We've tried that scottish thing now a few times in a row and it turned out haggis every time.

Sorry for bashing on your suggestion, i know it's hopeless to present names as there is always someone shooting it down...

If we are to get rid of Lambert, Ii think we could do allot worse than Neil Lennon. 

Could we?  He's spent the last two years essentially playing in a one team league.  I think that after O'Neill, McLeish and Lambert, we need to try something other than dour British scrappers.  I'm not saying he wouldn't do a good job, but managing Celtic doesn't really tell us anything about his ability.

Getting out of the CL group stages does and he has a good eye for a player.  Just look at players he has bought and sold on

I hope we look beyond the borders of Scotland the next time we hire a manager.

In fact i hope our next manager has no ties what so ever to the fair country of Scotland, be it origin, residency or schooling.

We've tried that scottish thing now a few times in a row and it turned out haggis every time.

Sorry for bashing on your suggestion, i know it's hopeless to present names as there is always someone shooting it down...

Yeah i understand the Scotland thing, but to be honest beggers and choosers comes into being.  There isn’t many managers who would take on the remit that Lerner has

Lambert's the man for the job and, in three years time when he is being linked to moves away from the club, the self same people who want him out now will be pleading for him to stay and labelling him "traitor" should he go.  Such is the warped mentality of the football supporter.

• Like 2

Lambert's the man for the job and, in three years time when he is being linked to moves away from the club, the self same people who want him out now will be pleading for him to stay and labelling him "traitor" should he go. Such is the warped mentality of the football supporter.

Where do you even start with that? Taking a most unlikely scenario and then saying what fans will say on the back of it is truly bonkers.

• Like 1

People keep blaming the Fulham game for the uproar. Its got maybe 0.5% to do with the Fulham game and 99.5% to do with the piss poor season. I want Lambert gone but if the few fans left are right and he stays we will all have to enjoy slating him next season, cause I guarantee even with new players the football here is not going to change. Its about formations, motivation and tactics something Lambert struggles with.

Ok the players are not top class but he has had the best part of 2 seasons to coach them. Its down to the manager. Managers turn teams round, Moyes is struggling with Man U, previous managers struggled with Chelsea same with Liverpool, Crystal Palace are even are doing better now they have had a change. So to say there is no one who could do a better job here with the restraints i.e 20 million a season is to me utter bol*****!!!

• Like 1

Â