Paul Lambert

limpid

What's really funny is that Lambert seems to get away with murder just because he did a decent job with Norwich and is not Alex McLeish.

If we all took a step back and really honestly looked at his performance he is appalling by any sensible measure. His tactics and formations are naive and bizarre in equal measure. He instills no fight or organisation in his sides, we are just such a push over to play and beat as Saturday proved yet again. We have no sense of organisation and we seem to be a piece of piss to beat for those who suss out our tactics which is the majority of teams based on this season's results. Eleven losses at home is a statistic you just cannot ignore.

The absence of an obvious suitable replacement is not reason to retain him. We have had the thick end of two seasons to evaluate his performance and its entirely clear he has been found seriously wanting. Add to that his mumbling and unintelligible post match interviews and the only sensible conclusion is to get rid as soon as possible.

Of course our useless and disinterested owner will continue to sit on his hands and hope that yet again his outrageous gamble to keep us in the Premiership for another season pays off.

• Like 4

Interesting tweet from Kendrick.

Lambert 75 pts from 70 prem games

Hughton 76 pts from 71 prem games.

One seems to be getting a new contract the other has been sacked. A club like Norwich deem that unacceptable while we now see it as some sort of an achievement.

• Like 3

Hughton sacked now, Norwich are only 2 points behind us - all be it played one more game. I really hope if we survive Lambert follows in the summer, although clearly it won't be the fix everyone hopes for.

If this story about Nzogbia not being injured is true then I really hope the crap hits the fan and whoever is responsible for the lies gets bombed out of this club.

Edited by VillanousOne

We probably will get at least another win from somewhere. It is what we seem to do. Have three or four awful results and then pull one out the bag from somewhere. It's not good enough at the moment, eventually we'll go down if we carry on like this.

One seems to be getting a new contract the other has been sacked. A club like Norwich deem that unacceptable while we now see it as some sort of an achievement.

I think very few see it as an achievement.

Hughton sacked now, Norwich are only 2 points behind us - all be it played one more game. I really hope if we survive Lambert follows in the summer, although clearly it won't be the fix everyone hopes for.

If this story about Nzogbia not being injured is true then I really hope the crap hits the fan and whoever is responsible for the lies gets bombed out of this club.

Agree with this! How the so called bomb squad players have been treated is utter disgust. Your not going to sell if other teams are not seeing them play!! NZog is a player we have been crying out for, to not play him is damm right stubborn and he can go for this reason alone.

We could have raised funds selling these players if need be, but Lambert would rather just let there contracts run out while still paying there wages its just mind numbing????

That's fair enough. But other posters should not be labelled as "Lambertites" for expressing differing views. It is not acceptable.  A win will make any true Villa supporter happy, it has nothing to do with Lambert/Lerner/Faulkner. I am sick of reading negative rubbish.

You're quite happy to watch it though.

I think very few see it as an achievement.

The club do if they offer him a new contract.

Norwich are a small club committing every penny they've got to try and stay in the Premiership.

Villa are a much bigger club refusing to spend enough to realistically match their fans expectations.

The almost identical stats demonstrate the relative ambitions of the two owners.

I look at what's happening with Martinez at Everton and i feel physically sick.

At every level of this once great club something feels completely rotten.

I get the idea of getting overpaid under performing players off the wage bill, but all we've done is take players we have spent a lot of money on and reduce their transfer value to nothing whilst still paying most if not all of their wages - and getting no benefit. It's like buying a sports car with the wrong paint work, loudly telling everyone you bought it in the wrong colour and its crap then leaving it in a shed or letting your nan use it to get groceries.

The young hungry transfer policy on it's own has been a failure. Lambert has brought some of the worse players to this club I have ever seen and gambled so much on numbers and wages to put together a league one squad.

Even if we had Benteke, Gabby and Delph all playing v Fullham, there is every chance we would have still lost. Having our best eleven has not stopped us getting beaten at home.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

You can tell it's school in the morning, this thread's gone a bit quieter now.

Darren, I was Chair of Governors at one of the top performing schools in the country for a number of years. I admire your optimism but find your reasoning flawed. Insults work less well than compelling arguments.
Eh? Something I'm not getting here? What does your previous role have to do with what I posted?
Maybe the fact your suggesting those with a conflicting opinion to your own is a school child?

Please show me where I've suggested that.

Completely unrelated - it's 'you're'.

The post was pathetic, not being able to man up about it is worse. It was obvious what you meant.

Lambert has to go. 

After 2 years of his management we're as dire to watch as when he started.

A sad time when Norwich have higher ambitions than the mess that is Aston Villa.

Norwich had the balls to dream higher and go for it, sadly for them it's all going pear shaped. Villa are crippled by nightmares, as the result of Randy's original dream.

• Like 1

Â