Paul Lambert

limpid

Yeah I am a little worried about the coming weeks, not just this weekend. I have no faith in the team to get the results that are required. Games that we should be winning if we want to be safe we seem to really struggle in. My confidence in our team has been whittled away over the years, and the Stoke result was abysmal and smashed what little remaining confidence I had in the team. A win on Saturday would make us 100% safe, you just know that we never make things easier for the fans just when you think something is in our hands we find a way of messing it up.

Why is Lambert being condemned for losing before the match?   :wacko:

Because everything is Lambert's fault, even things that haven't happened yet.

It's bonkers.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

Perhaps you two strawmen could point out where people have been condemning him in such a fashion?

Perhaps you two strawmen could point out where people have been condemning him in such a fashion?

They could look at all your posts for a good starting place.

Edited by villan_007
  • Like 3

:D Look at the pre match thread too, we have already been beat.

Could they?  In which of my posts have I even mentioned the Fulham match?

Are some really surprised at the pessimism? our home record is poor and has been for a number of years, in our last home outing we served up tripe and were beaten 4-1 by another, at the time, struggling side. As if that wasn't enough we also have the prospect of tomorrow starting with a guy up front deemed not good enough for Wigan 3 months ago.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I missed a home game and will again be at VP tomorrow doing my bit in terms of support. I have to be honest though the shit served up over the past 4 seasons has sucked the optimism completely out of me. Being optimistic seems to more often than not result in setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

In fact I don't see the negative posts as being pessimistic anymore. They are simply realistic. We have a decent first 11 but a very poor squad. We have a manger who has overseen some of the poorest results and runs of form in the clubs history and we have a wreckless chairman who quite frankly behaves like he couldn't give a fu*k about this great club.

The best thing about this great club at the moment is its supporters.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

I'm surprised that people seem to be so sure in their predictions - we've been so inconsistent at home over the past few months that I have no idea what Villa will turn up.

I guess because our home record shows up as very poor over the last few years. The team have done nothing to really suggest that it will pick up the win required at the weekend. We have lost more often than we have won over the last few seasons, so it is fair for most to assume that a loss is more likely than a victory. If Fulham come and stay organised at the back, I can see them nicking one goal as it is rare that we can keep a clean sheet. Then it is a case of can we score, which we have shown a number of times this year that we struggle to break down teams. I hope I am proven wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one. It wouldn't be unlike us to throw Fulham a lifeline.

Re: Markavfc40, your post sums up my feelings perfectly. 

I'm surprised that people seem to be so sure in their predictions - we've been so inconsistent at home over the past few months that I have no idea what Villa will turn up.

I guess because our home record shows up as very poor over the last few years. The team have done nothing to really suggest that it will pick up the win required at the weekend. We have lost more often than we have won over the last few seasons, so it is fair for most to assume that a loss is more likely than a victory. If Fulham come and stay organised at the back, I can see them nicking one goal as it is rare that we can keep a clean sheet. Then it is a case of can we score, which we have shown a number of times this year that we struggle to break down teams. I hope I am proven wrong, but I have a bad feeling about this one. It wouldn't be unlike us to throw Fulham a lifeline.

Well we've beaten West Brom and Norwich fairly recently.

Injury list: Benteke, Okore, Gabby, Kozak, N'Zogbia.

Those are all brilliant players on their day. Our matchwinners.

I'm not optimistic about Fulham either, but seeing as we're fielding a shell of a side, there's not much the manager can do. Obviously this will not be taken into consideration after the game - win, lose or draw.

Shell of a side? Don't go overboard will you! If struggle to believe that you seriously don't think we have the personnel available to expect to beat the worst side in the league. Just looks to me like the manager's adherents are getting their excuses in early this time.

• Like 1

Injury list: Benteke, Okore, Gabby, Kozak, N'Zogbia.

Those are all brilliant players on their day. Our matchwinners.

I'm not optimistic about Fulham either, but seeing as we're fielding a shell of a side, there's not much the manager can do. Obviously this will not be taken into consideration after the game - win, lose or draw.

El Ahmadi is out too isn't he?

• Like 1

Well we've beaten West Brom and Norwich fairly recently.

I'm also sure we beat Chelsea as well but hey let's forget that and focus on the negatives (not you Mantis mate) I actually thought a team consisted of 11 and subs but seems it's now one man and now he's out we are doomed I tell ya doomed!!!

Shell of a side? Don't go overboard will you! If struggle to believe that you seriously don't think we have the personnel available to expect to beat the worst side in the league. Just looks to me like the manager's adherents are getting their excuses in early this time.

No, people are just pointing out that tomorrow will not be an easy game and our injuries will play a part in that.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

Â