Paul Lambert

limpid

#Lambertout

Didn't you say this already? Only about an hour ago?

Isn't he allowed to keep the same opinion, or do you expect him to change it?

I think it's the fact that he posted the exact same thing twice. What's the point?

What's the point in defending him multiple times every day? People do that and they are entitled too just as he can say #lamberkout

I haven't seen anyone come in here and post "#LambertIn" and then post the same thing an hour later. It's got nothing to do with the general message (disapproving of Lambert) but rather how its put across.

Nobody would be that foolish! :P

You can give the manager credit for the fact that we are an effective on the counter.

The fact that we are absolutely rank in possession at any other time is clearly something you have to blame him for though. 

I have seen zero evidence that he has the ability to fix this problem, and so can't be too confident that he has the ability to take us beyond lower mid-table range (if we are lucky).

Lambert is not an awful manager but he's not a good one either. a 5 or 6/10 manager max. His signings are largely uninspiring, tactics are hit and miss (frequently the latter), coaching abilities mediocre at best and hardly seems to get players to consistently perform to the peak of their abilities.

Even if he got 40 mil this summer couldn't see him taking us into the top 8.

He probably has done enough to earn another season, but to be honest, I'd prefer someone else.

Lambert has had no money to spend. He simply doesn't have enough match-winners at his disposal. He has had to buy a lot of players for cheap because of the squad he inherited and the limited funds available. He is a good manager but not a **** miracle worker. Give him an average Premier League transfer budget and watch us improve year-on-year.

• Like 2

You can give the manager credit for the fact that we are an effective on the counter.

The fact that we are absolutely rank in possession at any other time is clearly something you have to blame him for though. 

I have seen zero evidence that he has the ability to fix this problem, and so can't be too confident that he has the ability to take us beyond lower mid-table range (if we are lucky).

Lambert is not an awful manager but he's not a good one either. a 5 or 6/10 manager max. His signings are largely uninspiring, tactics are hit and miss (frequently the latter), coaching abilities mediocre at best and hardly seems to get players to consistently perform to the peak of their abilities.

He probably has done enough to earn another season, but to be honest, I'd prefer someone else.

Who exactly? Who would go to a club in which fan expectations and cold hard financial reality are so diametrically apart? Getting the Villa job is a career killer, If Lambert's hadn't had such a massive falling out at Norwich he wouldn't be here.Another managerial change would mean a change in players, and tactics and another year of transition. I'd rather see how Lambert gets on in his 3rd season myself.

Edited by The Fun Factory

A big part of the problem is the wages. By the sounds of it we offer a lot less than other Premier League clubs.

Even though our wage bill went up this year.

A big part of the problem is the wages. By the sounds of it we offer a lot less than other Premier League clubs.

Even though our wage bill went up this year.

That doesn't contradict what I said. I never claimed our wage bill went down.

Just out of curiosity, how much did it go up by?

Bang on about progression bla bla bla... its ludicrous to suggest. I asked numerous people today (friends and friends of friends etc) and every single one of them believes we are WORSE than we were last year. Lambert is out of his depth. I want and wanted him to succeed, but he is clueless im afraid.

Bang on about progression bla bla bla... its ludicrous to suggest. I asked numerous people today (friends and friends of friends etc) and every single one of them believes we are WORSE than we were last year. Lambert is out of his depth. I want and wanted him to succeed, but he is clueless im afraid.

If we're worse then how come we're in a lot better position than we were this time last season?

Who exactly? Who would go to a club in which fan expectations and cold hard financial reality are so diametrically apart? Getting the Villa job is a career killer, If Lambert's hadn't had such a massive falling out at Norwich he wouldn't be here.Another managerial change would mean a change in players, and tactics and another year of transition. I'd rather see how Lambert gets on in his 3rd season myself.

Not really thought about it cos it's not going to happen.

But I don't think Lambert has the ability to make us into a top 8 team, so would prefer to take the risk that we will get someone worse for the chance that we will get someone better and particularly someone who makes us more entertaining to watch. 

Barely surviving while playing rank awful football most weeks just doesn't get me that excited.

If we're worse then how come we're in a lot better position than we were this time last season?

In terms of 'football' we are a lot worse. We weren't so one dimensional. Defensive mentality is pathetic. I don't know the nitty gritty but I am pretty sure the points tally isn't too dissimilar to last season. League positions are fooling, we finished 9th 3/4 seasons back, out of nowhere. WBA finished 8th last season, says it all. There hasn't been a season like this where so many teams are on similar points, so the fact we are in a 'better position' is fooling. We could be on the same points next season and be 17th 16th.

The massive difference between us this season from last is our ability to beat the teams around us and having a forward line who were scoring for fun.

The fact our upcoming games are teams around us and our ability to beat them is extremely worrying. We go again.

In terms of 'football' we are a lot worse. We weren't so one dimensional. Defensive mentality is pathetic. I don't know the nitty gritty but I am pretty sure the points tally isn't too dissimilar to last season. League positions are fooling, we finished 9th 3/4 seasons back, out of nowhere. WBA finished 8th last season, says it all. There hasn't been a season like this where so many teams are on similar points, so the fact we are in a 'better position' is fooling. We could be on the same points next season and be 17th 16th.

I'd say we're probably less extreme this season. I think some people seem to forget just how awful we were at times this season. We've been bad at certain points this season too but we still haven't seen anything quite like that December/January period.

As I've said before, points total is largely irrelevant on its own. This time last year we were in the relegation zone (either that or only just out of it) whereas we're currently 8 points clear. If we had got worse we would not be where we are now.

Edited by Mantis

Â