Paul Lambert

limpid

I'm a great believer in giving the manager time to build and nourish

But IMO thus far, what he's brought to the table has been rubbish

Fair enough he's been restrained a bit by the lack of financial backing

But from what I can see, with his style of play, I think his knowledge of football is lacking

We've proved this season,once or twice, that when we want to play we can

With the diamond formation and a bit more belief I thought to myself'THATS THE PLAN'

But then great mr Lambert,once again, imposes his style of play on the boys

All that negative football and hoofing the ball, it's just part of the managers ploy

The lads that we've got at the moment, are not the greatest to put on the shirt

But on a couple of occasions this season they've shown that they're not the worst

Ps. The tactical substitutions made by paul ' the magician' lambert against Everton were shocking.

You don't take off your captain, your rock, to try and win a game.

So when a player tells you that his hamstring is tight and considering his injuries, what do you do?

I don't agree with the rest either but the rest has been done to death.

Forgive me limvillain, I wasn't aware, that Ron vlaar had taken a knock

I withdraw my final conclusions, and if you'll forgive me I need to take stock

First the guy who tried to post like he was a pirate and now this. 

Who's the last villa manager to have gotten a contract extension? Gregory?

MON I would have thought? Was't he on a years rolling?

I get the point though, it's been ages (apart from MON) that we've been in this situation. Good place to be after all the upheavals too. Some stability will be very good for us.

Who's the last villa manager to have gotten a contract extension? Gregory?

I read today that Moyes is the 10th longest serving manager in the Premier League already. We've done the hard part with Lambert, sticking with him through the thin, backing the plan of cost cutting to sort things out before a push at some stage in the future. It's just down to the board now to convince Lambert it's worth sticking around for a few more years and that there will actually be a push somewhere along the way.

• Like 1

On the Lambert v Mcleish debate,  I'm not ashamed to admit I wanted Mcleish gone before he even got here.  That has jack all to do with where he came from by the way and more to do with the fact that he was so obviously the wrong choice for us,  so obviously a bad manager it was an incredibly bad decision at the time and even now it looks awful.  It just felt wrong

Under Lambert it feels totally different.  I know that isn't objective but sport,  support,  football can be subjective you know.  It can be based on feelings and emotions and a gut instinct.  Yes we have all these stats, possession figures, time on the ball,  we havent won at x in how many years or scored 5 in a match since whenever,  but the end of the day it is a passion.  For me Lambert feels just right for us and what he is doing is right for us too

• Like 3

Get your crayons out and do it yourself.

Not likely. I wont be paying to watch that shit again. I can't even get my 12 year old nephew interested. Sad times

Bye then. Cheers for coming.

That is probably the same attitude the club has had in recent past which has saw attendances and commercial income fall. If you don't keep your core supporter engaged you're in trouble.

A 12 year old supporter, one that could be the lifeblood of the club for the next 50 years has become so disillusioned/bored with going to watch us he's no longer bothered if we go or not. Tragic really. Mind you that Crystal Palace fiasco was the last straw for more than just him.

Next time you're at Villa Park look around and see how few young supporters there actually are. If I were on the board i'd be worried BIG time because there appears to be no next generation anymore. Kids have either been priced out of going or simply aren't interested due to the complete lack of anything for them to latch onto. What's going to happen once we all stop going ? (i already have i guess, well i do sometimes but my season tickets didn't get renewed obviously)

And that's down to the board and their continued shocking decision making.

PS.

I will add the club are clearly aware of this and ring me on a monthly basis asking me when i'm coming back, and if i'd consider a season ticket again. And they always get the same response. They even rang me at the start of last week trying to flog me tickets for the West Ham match. Methinks they're getting desperate. Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

Get your crayons out and do it yourself.

Not likely. I wont be paying to watch that shit again. I can't even get my 12 year old nephew interested. Sad times

Bye then. Cheers for coming.

That is probably the same attitude the club has had in recent past which has saw attendances and commercial income fall. If you don't keep your core supporter engaged you're in trouble.

A 12 year old supporter, one that could be the lifeblood of the club for the next 50 years has become so disillusioned/bored with going to watch us he's no longer bothered if we go or not. Tragic really. Mind you that Crystal Palace fiasco was the last straw for more than just him.

Next time you're at Villa Park look around and see how few young supporters there actually are. If I were on the board i'd be worried BIG time because there appears to be no next generation anymore. Kids have either been priced out of going or simply aren't interested due to the complete lack of anything for them to latch onto. What's going to happen once we all stop going ? (i already have i guess, well i do sometimes but my season tickets didn't get renewed obviously)

And that's down to the board and their continued shocking decision making.

PS.

I will add the club are clearly aware of this and ring me on a monthly basis asking me when i'm coming back, and if i'd consider a season ticket again. And they always get the same response. They even rang me at the start of last week trying to flog me tickets for the West Ham match. Methinks they're getting desperate. Maybe the penny has finally dropped.

so the only way to entice fans such as yourself back would presumably be to spend beyond our means again? Put the club at long term risk for a couple of interesting seasons where we finish somewhere 4th-6th because even if we spent £150M we wouldnt compete for the league unfortunately.

Not having a go at you, but it's the way of football now, I fear the worst tbh, not sure how a club such as ours can realistically appeal to the younger generations (in their masses) purely due to the probability of associating ourselves with "glory"

Â