Paul Lambert

limpid

Childish, but "smelly poo pants bum face idiot durr brain" made me chuckle.

I'm not the smelly poo pants bum face idiot durr brain's greatest fan, but if the stories of him receiving the fabled footballing war chest are true, I'd like to see how he does with a team of better quality players - as has been mentioned, the style of football may improve if he isn't working with such a limited squad.

Always makes me laugh with the Villa when the rumours about our transfer funds available comes out after the transfer window has shut,

tis dubious

but i guess we would never state what funds we had before or during as that we be playing into the selling club's greedy hands.

Laudrup is still a better manager than Lambert, different between Huw Jenkins and RL is Huw hasn't wasted millions on poor managerial appointments like Lerner has.

Apart from winning a league cup ( which Mcleish has also won ), how exactly has Laudrup proved that he is better that Lambert ? Back to back promotions and then comfortably keeping Norwich in the premier league is a much better acheivement IMO.

Laurdrup came into a settled team with a very distinct philosophy already in place and whilst admittedly they did very well in their first season, they have struggled massively this season and as has happened in his previous managerial roles, when the going gets tough he either walks out or is promptly sacked. I will say that he brought some good players but he has shown that he is tactically inflexible ( have they ever played 2 strikers in a match ?? )  and there are also several mentions of him not being totally committed to the job as well. For a club like us that is trying to rip things up and take a longer term approach, he would be an absolutely disastrous appointment. Lambert came into a far more difficult set of circumstances and our league positions since they were both appointed are very similar.

I know Lambert has his faults but he is a much better fit for us than Laudrup will ever be.

• Like 4

I actually believe it, it also goes along with what the hated "ITK's" stated earlier in the window, and also why they were confident something was coming off. Call me gullible?

To me its a stretch that we had 8m to spend but we only got in two loans and bid reportedly around 1-2m for hoolan and now the window ends and we suddenly leak this story to the biggest local journo for villa. Club thinks they're being very clever but nobody has bought it especially when you look at the replies kendrick got to the article.

I don't believe for a second there is anything like a "war chest". It saddens me how easily some fans fall for this guff. 

But if there were ever to be a "war chest", I think I would want someone a bit better than Lambert to spend it. He hasn't performed as well as manager of Villa as I had expected and I'm sure we could do better if we had any serious money to spend. He's fine (just about) keeping us going on a shoestring.

so what is all this 8 mil unknown player failed signing guff from Kendrick?

The club attempting to save face for what was a failure of a transfer window

I don't believe for a second there is anything like a "war chest". It saddens me how easily some fans fall for this guff. 

But if there were ever to be a "war chest", I think I would want someone a bit better than Lambert to spend it. He hasn't performed as well as manager of Villa as I had expected and I'm sure we could do better if we had any serious money to spend. He's fine (just about) keeping us going on a shoestring.

I agree its almost as if the club is promoting season tickets for next season already

I think we will need to spend 20 mill just to cement a midtable position next season let alone progress especially considering a large chunk of that will probably have to go on Bertrand

Edited by AshVilla

Â