Paul Lambert

limpid

Proof is in the PL table ? We are 5 points above the drop zone !!

10 other teams are all above it (or below it) by even less points.

I don't think anyone is calling for Lambert's head, just weighing up the options. 

Unfortunately quite a few are.

Edited by Mantis

I'm not convinced by all this chat about crap signings and crap tactics etc. We are 10th on a shoestring. That's not by accident and the man knows more about the game than any of us. Event if we don't see it he seems to know what he's doing and the proof is on the PL table.

Play some decent stuff at Liverpool and at home to West Brom. He then changes a winning team and goes 5 at the back against an Everton team with no proper striker. Yeah he clearly knows what he's doing...

and Swansea are how many?

As I've said repeatedly, I'm not one to say either manager is better.

You could argue that Swansea have had injuries and have the Europa League.

You could argue that we have had injuries, have a low budget and have had to revamp the squad.

Just baffles me why Laudrup is the best thing around and Lambert is vilified by some. Both clearly have had tough circumstances and both have done average/good jobs.

I'm not convinced by all this chat about crap signings and crap tactics etc. We are 10th on a shoestring. That's not by accident and the man knows more about the game than any of us. Event if we don't see it he seems to know what he's doing and the proof is on the PL table.

Play some decent stuff at Liverpool and at home to West Brom. He then changes a winning team and goes 5 at the back against an Everton team with no proper striker. Yeah he clearly knows what he's doing...

And it worked until Holt and Vlaar went off. A lack of a plan 'B' was problematic but look at the Southampton result for getting it tactically right.

Us being 10th is the definition of a false position.

Our wins against Man City and Southampton were two of the luckiest Villa wins I've ever seen. I literally have no idea how we got 1 point out of each of those games, let alone 3. Without those wins we would be in deep trouble.

People say possession means nothing, but when you are getting 30-40% possession against almost every team you play against, sometimes worse, it's hard to take. He's been here almost 2 years and we still can't string 3 forward passes together. I know we are capable of it, because we've had glimpses of it at times. Which leads me to suggest that it is the manager telling the players to play the way they do. He has until the summer to drastically change the way things are going or I will be calling for him to go.  

Do you actually read other people's posts?

Yes, people banging on about us being 10th ! We are 5 points above 18th. It appears there are 10 poor teams and we are amongst them

Still we can be virtually safe from relegation on March 2.

And it worked until Holt and Vlaar went off. A lack of a plan 'B' was problematic but look at the Southampton result for getting it tactically right.

The "only having one shot on target" tactics are boring to me. Just as boring as it was under Mcleish. 

• Like 1

Our wins against Man City and Southampton were two of the luckiest Villa wins I've ever seen. I literally have no idea how we got 1 point out of each of those games, let alone 3. Without those wins we would be in deep trouble.

People say possession means nothing, but when you are getting 30-40% possession against almost every team you play against, sometimes worse, it's hard to take. He's been here almost 2 years and we still can't string 3 forward passes together. I know we are capable of it, because we've had glimpses of it at times. Which leads me to suggest that it is the manager telling the players to play the way they do. He has until the summer to drastically change the way things are going or I will be calling for him to go.  

"The Chelsea loss and Liverpool draw were two of the luckiest Villa non-wins I've ever seen. I literally have no idea how we only got 1 point out of 6 for those games."

• Like 3

Bollocks, by that logic were unfortunate to not be further up the table because we should have beaten Liverpool and Chelsea away but only got the 1 point.

• Like 1

"The Chelsea loss and Liverpool draw were two of the luckiest Villa non-wins I've ever seen. I literally have no idea how we only got 1 point out of 6 for those games."

Come on, they were nowhere near being in the same category.

• Like 1

Come on, they were nowhere near being in the same category.

Ah so now we're debating the semantics of 'how lucky' certain results were.

This is silly.

Opening myself up to abuse here but In my opinion due to the way we've played I think there's a very good argument we are there by accident, plenty of games where we were lucky to get the win.

Possession football is boring

You watch possession football everytime you watch a Villa match, only it's the other team playing that way. Surely it'd be more entertaining to watch us with the ball than chasing the other team around the pitch?

Gérard Houllier was ridiculed for attempting to play possession football with us.

Exactly, I am one of the few who actually appreciated this vision under GH, everyone was moaning about "tippy tappy football". Anyway Paul Lambert is our manager and I don't see that changing, so just get behind him, wait till the summer and hope for the best signings wise, the growth of our young players as well as the evolution of our style. Debating about Michael Laudrup now is pointless. (VILLA FANS IN NEVER BEING HAPPY SHOCKER! :unsure: )

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

You can't just wave two of our wins because we had much less shots and possession. We've had "unlucky" defeats and draws too this season.

I have noticed that those who think Laudrup would be a good person to take over Lambert's role are the same posters who believe many of Lambert's signings are poor.

If Lambert's signings are poor, what on earth would Laudrup achieve with them? Or would he need to overhaul the squad completely all over again?

Edited by samjp26

I have noticed that those who think Laudrup would be a good person to take over Lambert's role are the same posters who believe many of Lambert's signings are poor.

If Lambert's signings are poor, what on earth would Laudrup achieve with them? Or would he need to overhaul the squad completely all over again?

And start another transitional period. 

Â