Vlaar

Bertrand

Sylla/El Hamadi

Delph

Gabby 

Bacuna

Weimann

Benteke

I guess/ideally we have too many midfielders that are too much the same, but would like to see us try this, particularly on the counter away from home.

We played that formation for the majority of pre season.

did we?

I do favour 2 Defensive midfielders but they have to have presence and a bit of guile....not easy to find I know, the main reason I mention this is, I feel we sign too many lightweight type players.

I do think we need an AM but also a DM too.

watched David Luiz and Matic, (not elusive, but dominant) the other night and drooled at their presence in the game....but hey I can dream.

ps Ramires,Hazard &Willian will take the headlines, but the other two gave them the platform.

Yup Matic was brilliant, had Yaya Toure in his pocket on his debut in the Premier League, no easy feat!

We all know that these players are hard to get/find.....but it helps when you know what you're looking for. In the past I have not been convinced some of our managers have been sure what they are looking for.....and any old available player will do to shut the natives up ( natives being us the fans- just being politically correct)...Hence another reason why we have been in the shit....my motto is, can't find the right player,don't buy at all.

I know before you all jump on me, you sometimes need bodies/numbers, I'm talking about after that dark period.

Interesting when we get no commentary from the club, no club news then they get dogs abuse for not keeping us informed and then when we get information it is laughed off as mere "PR".

It hasn't come from the club though.

And I'll be right up front with you.

2 windows you've been led to believe the manager would receive good backing. Why wait for the summer?

John,  you'll recall I'm not Lerner's biggest fan.  I am Lambo's biggest fan

I have given Lerner the benefit of the doubt the last two seasons as I believe totally in Lambert and what he is trying to achieve.  The pitchforks this summer would be against Lerner and  they have been smouldering for two years chap anyway.  Maybe I just needed a little longer than some  to fan the flames. 

• Like 1

Lambert can start by sending someone to look at Andrija Zivkovic at Partizan

And Richairo Živković from Groningen too. Get Bacuna to put a word in, Bacuna's younger brother too actually.

Groningen praised us in the summer and we have a friendly so a possibility there.

And Richairo Živković from Groningen too. Get Bacuna to put a word in, Bacuna's younger brother too actually.

Groningen praised us in the summer and we have a friendly so a possibility there.

Bacuna's little brother Juninho (yes, Leandro and Juninho, clearly born to become footballers) is meant to be quite a prospect. Živković would be unlikely, he has been in their first team since he was 16 (he is 17 now), probably going to be a star in the near future.

Maybe just snap up whoever runs the scouting for Groningen, for a club that size they have managed to find an amazing number of talents (especially strikers) 

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

Matic was originally bought by Chelsea for about £1,5m so with good scouting you can find those players.

But he was nowhere near the player he is now. It's taken him how many years to get to that point? Yet we write our own players off after less than a season.

• Like 2

Bacuna's little brother Juninho (yes, Leandro and Juninho, clearly born to become footballers) is meant to be quite a prospect. Živković would be unlikely, he has been in their first team since he was 16 (he is 17 now), probably going to be a star in the near future.

junino-bacuna.jpg

• Like 2

junino-bacuna.jpg

Yup, sign him up, pretty sure we'd be able to do so quite easily to be fair.

Edited by samjp26

I'm not and never have been for sacking him, but there are moments my conviction is tested, like Fulham away....and despite playing a good side thought a draw at Everton was achievable, after going one up with 17 minutes to go.

I am equally reluctant to give him a pat on the back....that is Randy's job IMO....for what he has done with the wages.

I am reserving my pats on the back and accolades when I see him start to build a team that has a chance to challenge the top 8 with a bit of comfort and expectancy to win a game with a team that can move the ball with a bit of aplomb and treat the ball as a friend instead of an incendiary device.

i wait with baited breath

• Like 1

The best business we could do is get him to sign his contract.  Brilliant news for the club if he signs

That would be true, if it was Manchester United and Sir Alex Ferguson we were talking about.

But this is Paul Lambert, and there's like three weeks since the majority wanted him sacked and we had an own thread named after that. This is also a manager that has shipped in 135 goals in two seasons with AVFC and Norwich, who is struggling to get his side to play with an identity and who is struggling to get a hold of the transfer market.

Opinions are plentiful surrounding Lambert, but to say they are divided would be the most diplomatic. To then say it's the best business to sign him up and brilliant news for the club does not compute, at least not in my book.

• Like 2

Im not happy about him getting a new deal to be honest, not at the moment anyway. I think we've been piss poor this season, his signings have been shit, tactics shit and he is stubborn. He is incredibly lucky, based on the results this season.

Incredible that he will get a pay rise for making very little if any improvement on the pitch.

Wait til the summer to see if he actually changes things, if not get rid. Sadly Lerner seems to have made his mind up already

Im not happy about him getting a new deal to be honest, not at the moment anyway. I think we've been piss poor this season, his signings have been shit, tactics shit and he is stubborn. He is incredibly lucky, based on the results this season.

Incredible that he will get a pay rise for making very little if any improvement on the pitch.

Wait til the summer to see if he actually changes things, if not get rid. Sadly Lerner seems to have made his mind up already

Problem is, we can't wait until the summer really, he'll have a year left on his contract and will have pretty much all the power in the negotiations, if he doesn't like what he gets offered in the summer, he wouldn't sign a contract and tell RL he's walking when his contract is up.

Doing it now is the best time for the club, as Lambert has nowhere near the power he will have in 6 months time.

Not this shit again Morpheus. You are about the only one who thinks that Lambert's signings record has been poor. Or maybe the only one who can't take the whole picture into consideration. To state that this ratio of successful signings has been poor as some kind of fact is ridiculous and a bit pathetic.

No he is not - just because you don't agree with him, no need to make things up. There are quite a few people who will look at Paul Lambert's record in teh transfer market and question if they have been any good. That and many things are not anything to praise him about.

On the subject of offering him another extended contract then it confirms that Lerner et al are certainly no real good judges of what is needed at AVFC. Lambert should have been told in no uncertain terms that he needs to improve in so many ways before he gets a better deal from the club not seemingly rewarded for what is a season and half of poor performances and records being broken for the wrong reasons

Â