Paul Lambert

limpid

That upsets me as it would probably mean Lerner isn't selling up this summer.

Or Lerner has all but officially sold up, convinced the new owner into keeping Lambert and is giving assurances to Lambert that he will have a job when it all officially goes through, or has a big pay off if he is replaced :)

Jesus, do you write for the beano?

• Like 1

he has probably made two correct decisions tactically to help us win/draw a game

Blackadder-Confused-Look.gif

Haha, Red Dwarf?? Name me more than two then I have mentioned above. New contract, might as well offer Bowery one for 50k a week at the same time.

Why not wait till the end of the season to assess it.

He is doing what is required of him from above which is keep us up in the league.

If we had any sort of ambition above that from the board I highly doubt he would the man to lead us forward.

Personally I think he doesn't deserve one but he is doing what is required so far (keep us up and survive)

Shame it has to come to this but it is what it is.

• Like 3

That upsets me as it would probably mean Lerner isn't selling up this summer.

Or Lerner has all but officially sold up, convinced the new owner into keeping Lambert and is giving assurances to Lambert that he will have a job when it all officially goes through, or has a big pay off if he is replaced :)

Jesus, do you write for the beano?

What, for proposing a scenario which means giving Lambert a new contract doesn't necessarily mean Lerner won't sell up?

Yeah, looks like I've been found out, I'm Craig Graham, good detective work.

Would like to know how the telegraph know we are opening up contract talks.

Press making up random shit again I think, I doubt we would be talking about any contracts during a season.

Yeah, I'm inclined to not believe it until it's confirmed on the OS.

A bit coincidental that this has popped up just after all the talk about RL selling up, diversion tactic possibly  :detect:

People really don't understand how good a job Lambert has done in my eyes. 

Look what he inherited Dunne, Given, Warnock, Hutton, Bent, Ireland, Collins, all players on silly money and with no talent.

Sure he's had some inconsistent performances and some great ones, but that is what happens when you have young players, who is all he can afford with the wage constraints he is under. Look at the teams around us, what kind of money did Newcastle throw at Sissoko last January? Southampton £15m for Osvaldo 6months later loan him to Juventus, Swansea paid how much for Bony, £12m? West Ham giving Carroll £100k a week. Bacuna is probably on no more than £15k a week and I'd say he has more goals than him. Sure it's disappointing losing to Palace, but Lambert is the right man for the job. 

Finally a person with some good sense. Brilliant. 

I love the way that "speaking at least four times a week" is indicative of an "excellent working relationship". If my boss only spoke to me 4 times a week I'd assume I was about to be shown the door.

I love the way that "speaking at least four times a week" is indicative of an "excellent working relationship". If my boss only spoke to me 4 times a week I'd assume I was about to be shown the door.

That's not really a like for like comparison is it?

Despite this report I somehow doubt we'll be seeing the headline 'Lambert signs new VIlla deal' until the season is over and done with.  And I don't think it has much bearing on Randy's future anyway and if he does sell of which I admit I'm less certain now, I think any new owners would be wise to keep Lambert on for a while.

• Like 1

What if your boss' boss spoke to you 4 times a week? Would you consider that an excellent working relationship?

I'd say Faulkner is essentially Lambert's boss if we're going to compare a football club to a normal business.

Â