limpid

So many insane comments in this match thread...

Time and time again we see people posting in the Paul Lambert thread, the QPR pre match thread, XXX thread (take your pick), saying how we need to keep possession and make chances, we've had 61% possession (according to the BBC), 8 shots (4 on target), vs QPR's 1 shot on goal and well, 1 goal.

I think we have done almost everything right in the first half, we've just not finished the chances we have had, and been a little shaky at at the back. In my opinion that happens in Premiership football. But the game I am watching is a damn sight better than the game I watched against Everton.

More of the same please, Villa. Just some better clinical finishing.

Stats are meaningless if you don't win the game as we have proved the other way round time and time again.

I wholeheartedly agree with you about stats being meaningless. However, the point of my post was to allude to the fact that many people have been posting about how shit we have been in the past by having less than ideal possession, not having shots on targets etc etc. Now that we do, people are shouting about how sh*t we are because we haven't scored a goal whilst (pretty much) dominating the game.

We are making chances, we just need that little extra in front of goal. It may very well end up being a frustrating result, but I can't personally fault the way we have gone into this game so far.

Bottom line; People can't have it both way, especially when it comes to Villa.