Premier League game to be played abroad

mikeyp102

Sorry mods, couldn't find the previous thread on 39th game.

So it looks like the premier league want one game per team to be played abroad. Just shows that the premier league care about only the premier league, sod the fans!

Not sure how it will work as surely 10 teams will lose the benefits of one home game, which doesn't seem fair.

Nope, how is it fair that one team will lose a home game which for some clubs could mean a big loss in revenue?

If you want to take a game abroad, take the Community Shield abroad. No-one gives a toss about it and it would give the overseas a chance to see 2 very good teams in action.

Scudamore is a tw-t.

• Like 3

As Coda said, inevitable.

You get teams lobbying for winter breaks but you know full well if that happened, they would get off to Dubai, Doha, Hong Kong, Bangkok, etc for lucrative friendlies.

Greed has ruined the game. I hope the bubble bursts soon

• Like 3

Nope, how is it fair that one team will lose a home game which for some clubs could mean a big loss in revenue?

Financially I'm sure that any lose of revenue for the home side will be more than compensated from playing abroad. What will not be compensated however will be the advantage gained from playing in front of your own fans.

. What will not be compensated however will be the advantage gained from playing in front of your own fans.

I just saw this

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 3m3 minutes ago

The impact of home-field advantage is steadily declining -- at least in the Premier League. http://53eig.ht/1CVrJ7s 

BzcWARaIEAAtVMJ.png

So it looks like the premier league want one game per team to be played abroad. Just shows that the premier league care about only the premier league, sod the fans!

Not sure how it will work as surely 10 teams will lose the benefits of one home game, which doesn't seem fair.

The idea of playing a game abroad seems pretty far-fetched, I'l give you that. However, it does work for other sports. Also, "sod the fans", what about the fans abroad? You don't count those in?

As Coda said, inevitable.

You get teams lobbying for winter breaks but you know full well if that happened, they would get off to Dubai, Doha, Hong Kong, Bangkok, etc for lucrative friendlies.

Greed has ruined the game. I hope the bubble bursts soon

This, in particular, makes me sick. 

38th game idea can also go **** itself too. 

The idea of playing a game abroad seems pretty far-fetched, I'l give you that. However, it does work for other sports. Also, "sod the fans", what about the fans abroad? You don't count those in?

True I didn't count those fans that are based abroad. But surely if you are said supporter, you know when you start supporting the team that it's unlikely that you'll see them at often. Even if you move aboard you know that you'll see your team.

The fans abroad have their own leagues and clubs who they can go and watch.

I haven't given this much thought whatsoever but how about only the less 'glamorous' games get played abroad. So, say, Villa vs Hull gets played in Asia. The Premier League pay to promote/market the game and then the revenue gets split between the two clubs and the PL. The idea being that those teams who don't have Champions League football get more world wide exposure through this avenue instead and thus a boost in revenues.

How this would work and what the ins and outs would be, I don't actually know, but maybe it could work similar to the NFL whereby the shittest teams get first draft; in this case the shittest teams get the game abroad.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Think I said pretty much what the new plans are in the 39th game thread

1 of the 38 games played abroad, all the teams over 1 weekend, what I hadn't thought of was the multiple cities so that they can use the time zones so that it's a full day of football

It's bollocks really but it's coming, somewhere between the premier league trophy in Asia every year, that huge friendly tournament in yankland in the summer, even the success of the nfl in London, this is happening whether we like it or not, how the revenue is distributed will be the biggest stumbling block, if we get £500k because we played Sunderland in Doha but utd and Liverpool get £2m because they played each other in that 100k sweater stadium then I'd be pissed

• Like 1

Â