England squad for San Marino & Estonia

andykeenan

Have to say looking at that squad it says a lot about why we have a crap team at international level,  there are some shit players in it and if that's the best we can do god help us

How the **** is Assombalonga not in the U21 squad!?

That's a really good point, no idea why he's not got a shout. Been deadly for Forest so far

Has he declared for England?

Isn't he Congolese?

According to wiki 

In August 2014, he was named on a 37-man provisional DR Congo squad list for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying tournament group stage,[27] but withdrew from the final squad.

Looks like he's holding out for England then.

Have to say looking at that squad it says a lot about why we have a crap team at international level,  there are some shit players in it and if that's the best we can do god help us

As I said with the last squad named and asked for people to name alternatives and we got back Kyle Walker, Marc Noble etc, it isn't like there's 5-6 top quality players not being picked.

This is as good as it gets bar injured ones like Sturridge and Walcott.

I'd have liked to have seen Shawcross get called up again tbh, started the season well yet again for Stoke and I'm sure he'd be better against modest opposition.

Edited by VillaChris

Curtis Davies is a decent shout actually, 28 isn't he so not over the hill like Lescott.

I assume the Baker reference is a joke.

Everytime we have played Hull Davies has been absolutely shocking.

I don't know where all these 'good performances'  where he deserves a shot for England have come from but I have yet to see them.

Was toss in the FA cup final too.

Â