Pre match thread

chappy

I think Gabby and Weimann are in the team more for what they contribute defensively than offensively. I know it sounds bad but until we have a proper striker up top then it's probably our best way to approach a game.  If we score then we can keep our shape and try hit Hull on the counter, if we are losing then we have good options on the bench.

We have kept 2 clean sheets with this line-up so it's understandable why we are sticking with it. I'm happy for us to keep it tight and hopefully grab a goal and then hit Hull on the counter. We need someone like Grealish or Bent to come off the bench and show why they should be starting and then I'm sure Lambert would change it for the next game.

Playing on the counter. At home. Against Hull.

What have we become? :(

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

I fully expect this to be a 0-0. I hope not but with the form and shape both sides are in any other outcome is highly unlikely

Having said that, with my track record it'll probably finish 4-2 to us with sending offs and controversy and all sorts

We have kept 2 clean sheets with this line-up so it's understandable why we are sticking with it. I'm happy for us to keep it tight and hopefully grab a goal and then hit Hull on the counter. We need someone like Grealish or Bent to come off the bench and show why they should be starting and then I'm sure Lambert would change it for the next game.

Playing on the counter. At home. Against Hull.

What have we become? :-(

At this moment in time, yes but when we have a full strength team and 1 or 2 more signings then things should change imo.

Boring line up form a boring manager.

Our bench is more creative than the players starting. I fully expect more of the same dull football from the previous two games. Only this time Hull will probably score.

No Sanchez? Finding it hard to get into this team? Really?

Okore is gonna fade into nothing and probably be forgotten about by the end of the season. Gutted because I thought he would be a star here.

This team has 4 from 6 and conceded no goals. Sanchez wouldn't offer any more going forward so it's totally understandable he isn't being thrown in yet. Also, Okore is injured.

Sanchez was bought supposedly to provide a platform for other players to go and be creative. We bought him to toughen up and provide protection to our back four. We've played 2 games where our opposition have played shit. Are we supposed to believe Westwood and Delph are now strong as an ox and Sanchez isn't needed?

Our midfield will show its true colours very soon. It might not be today coz Hull aren't great going forward but it's coming.

Sanchez will be straight in next game as soon as we concede two or more

It's not a must win, we just really don't want to lose.

I don't get this logic we should play every game to win not set up to draw or not to lose the game this is what fans pay good money for

Were playing a hull side at home not Barcelona

They played a european match as recent as Thursday night

there can simply be no excuses for Lambert or the players should we fail to pick up 3 points come the final whistle

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

Boring line up form a boring manager.

Our bench is more creative than the players starting. I fully expect more of the same dull football from the previous two games. Only this time Hull will probably score.

No Sanchez? Finding it hard to get into this team? Really?

Okore is gonna fade into nothing and probably be forgotten about by the end of the season. Gutted because I thought he would be a star here.

This team has 4 from 6 and conceded no goals. Sanchez wouldn't offer any more going forward so it's totally understandable he isn't being thrown in yet. Also, Okore is injured.

Sanchez was bought supposedly to provide a platform for other players to go and be creative. We bought him to toughen up and provide protection to our back four. We've played 2 games where our opposition have played shit. Are we supposed to believe Westwood and Delph are now strong as an ox and Sanchez isn't needed?

Our midfield will show its true colours very soon. It might not be today coz Hull aren't great going forward but it's coming.

Sanchez will be straight in next game as soon as we concede two or more

Well if Hull aren't great going forward, why is he needed today?

Didn't realise the team line ups were out. One word I scanned through for was "unchanged" hoping not to see it.... AND THERE IT IS. Here's your free pass into the team Gabby despite being badly out form for several months, with no signs of improvement. We can't attack or shoot, change it up Lambert!!

Disappointed with todays team selection. We really have to go for the jugular against teams like Hull. Counter attacking football tactics hands the initiative to Hull from the outset. If they go in front then we dont have the creativity to get back in the game IMO.