SIFF World Cup

Stevo985

I just can't see a kangaroo being able to effectively kick the ball with those giant legs. They're not flexible enough. They can jump high, so what? The goals are regulation size, so heading the ball from 30 feet in the air isn't exactly going to do much good, is it?

Chimps are incredibly agile, quick and strong and their limbs are insanely flexible.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

How flexible does a leg need to be to kick a ball?

Jumping high isn't really the point, having the power to jump high and using that to flick the ball super fast is the point.

Also the whole hopping for miles and miles at 30mph thing.

I'd say in order to make good contact with a football your limbs would have to be flexible, sure. Do Kangaroos have much movement with their ankles? I just imagine them toe-poking a lot.

Hopping at 30mph might be super fast, but I can't see them controlling the ball very well, so there'd be no successful dribbling. Chimps have incredible flexibility in all four limbs. Their feet are essentially hands, so they probably hit a ball better. They can jump pretty high too and move pretty fast when they need to. They might not have the best control of the ball regarding how they kind of scamper but it'd still be better than the kangaroo. 

Edited by Ginko

Is it too late to be a manager? I would be honoured if given the opportunity to take on the role of manager of the Albatross species

EDIT: oh deary me I'm late to the party. Maybe in 4 years

Edited by skarroki
  • Like 1

Uh, you can be the Albatross manager, sure.

I mean, you were knocked out by the Pandas  in the first round and the Chimps, Kangaroos, Gorillas and Humans are the only four teams left in the competition, but if you want to get a start on the SIFF World Cup 2018 then go ahead.

Uh, you can be the Albatross manager, sure.

I mean, you were knocked out by the Pandas in the first round and the Chimps, Kangaroos, Gorillas and Humans are the only four teams left in the competition, but if you want to get a start on the SIFF World Cup 2018 then go ahead.

I thought there was only 1 page so far my phone was playing up. My bad

• Like 1

The Kangaroos could just Cuauhtemiña.

Reference:

n_club_america_leyendas_azulcremas-19134

Only instead of doing it once over the distance of 2 feet and then continuing to dribble they could do it repeatedly at high speed.

As for shooting they could cross it in and give it one of the tail stand push kick efforts:

GIF-Fighting-Kangaroo.gif

• Like 1

Chimps have incredible flexibility in all four limbs. Their feet are essentially hands, so they probably hit a ball better.

I think rigidity in the foot and ankle is key to transferring power to the ball. If I had hands on the ends of my legs I'd be a lot worse at kicking the ball hard.

Feel bad for the Pandas, if the humans were to lose to any team then I'd have liked it to have been against those guys. They can hold their heads up high for getting this far and I can only see them getting better and better at football as a species. I hope to see them lift the SIFF World Cup one day.

Edited by useless
  • Like 3

Chimps have incredible flexibility in all four limbs. Their feet are essentially hands, so they probably hit a ball better.

I think rigidity in the foot and ankle is key to transferring power to the ball. If I had hands on the ends of my legs I'd be a lot worse at kicking the ball hard.

Chimps walk on their feet, so they are a lot stronger and more rigid than our hands are.

Chimps on average are six times stronger than a Human. If they kick a football the football knows about it.

I've heard the first statement before but I'm not sure about it's validity. Strength is too vague of a term to have an average multiple that chimps are stronger than humans. Humans is also a very vague strength level. Which humans? Big scary ones or little weak ones?

Also the vast majority of chimps musculature is used for pulling (climbing) which wouldn't translate well to kicking at all.