Aly Cissokho

samjp26

Just from watching him play I feel nervous when he is up against any half decent winger, maybe his record isn't that bad but if I was on the pitch with him I'd feel I couldn't totally rely on him. I wonder if any of our players have felt that way about a couple of the guys in the last few years and is partly responsible for our chronic poor form.

• Like 1

Just from watching him play I feel nervous when he is up against any half decent winger, maybe his record isn't that bad but if I was on the pitch with him I'd feel I couldn't totally rely on him. I wonder if any of our players have felt that way about a couple of the guys in the last few years and is partly responsible for our chronic poor form.

Exactly how i feel when i watch him lol, hes poor positionally and his concentration is poor also.

Id keep richardson ahead of him unless we sign Amavi

I don't think he was all that bad, but he didn't do much to make me think he was all that good either. He was alright and did a job. I think as Aston Villa supporters over the last few years we have gotten used to average but hopefully this year we are starting to move away from that and unfortunately Cissokho doesn't really fit into those plans. 

Mid table defender, same as Richardson. 

The only difference is I think Aly can keep hold of the ball and give it to a better plaer whereas Richardson gets forward with the ball but produces so very little of use, including terrible passing and stupid positioning after the pass.

Both as bad as each other but perhaps under Sherwood one can come good.

Btw where's all this 3atb stuff come from, I must have missed that one. Can anyone educate me?

If you think he's bad against wide men (which he isn't) you must've spent about 6 months in Good Hope in 2013 given Bennett and Luna's attempts at trying to mark quick widemen.

Ally isn't bad at all, he just don't fit into the present plans, it happens.

I actually wouldn't mind us trying Sanchez out in a back 3, he has the height and can anticipate things and less chance of kamikaze passes if he's a bit further back.

Edited by VillaChris

I agree, Cissokho really impressed me initially and he is much better than Richardson at LB. However after watching some very poor LB's in recent seasons: Warnock, Bennett, Luna and Clark when he filled in, it was easy for Aly to look like a more competent all rounder. 

I will be sad to see him go without a proper chance however, if we can get someone in who's an outlet for the forwards and a good defender then so be it. 

Richardson was horrific QPR game but credit to him despite the criticism he bounced back and had a strong end of season and was our best outfield player in the cup final, not that difficult.

I've said before I'd have no issue Richardson starting the first few games and then us getting an LB late in the window if Amavi falls through.

Would imagine Sherwood's thinking for this season is new LB and Richardson as back up seeing as he can also cover midfield positions.

He's also most likely to stay as I'm pretty sure at Fulham or somewhere else in his career he's played as a wing back so with the possible change he'd be o.k in that formation.

• Like 1

If we keep him then there's a danger he might get a game...get rid, shakey at the back and disappointing going forward, I might be wrong here but I'm struggling to think of an assist last season, tbf other than the red card vs baggies, the awful night vs QPR and the header off the line I'm struggling to think of him doing anything last season, he's a bit of a nothing player

If we keep him then there's a danger he might get a game...get rid, shakey at the back and disappointing going forward, I might be wrong here but I'm struggling to think of an assist last season, tbf other than the red card vs baggies, the awful night vs QPR and the header off the line I'm struggling to think of him doing anything last season, he's a bit of a nothing player

got an assist vs Hull

You only have to watch the game against Leicester in the prem at VP to see how poor he is positionally and has 0 concentration.

The guy smokes shisha every other day which isnt going to help matters either

Â