Scottish Fitba

The_Rev

1 hour ago, villan-scott said:

Did you get the role pal?

I decided in end to start as Head Of Recruitment for Player Trader (Staffordshire) instead working for ex Villa player Julian Joachim. Here is link to my page.

https://twitter.com/PlayertraderSTS?lang=en-gb

And the website as full launch date not far off.

https://playertrader.com/

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Gerrard fostering that famous scouse victim mentality at Rangers

Rangers defeated a "Champions League" team who showed them "no respect", said manager Steven Gerrard after the Ibrox side's Europa League win over Maribor.

"They had confidence, they had ego, and they are devastated," Gerrard said.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45216455

• 1 month later...

Two of my many suggestions in January 2018 for summer when out of contract coming to fruition for St Mirren although i left the club last month 30.8.2018. McGugan, David Cotterill (he was on trial but fitness an issue) and Jackson was 3 of my suggestions out of couple of hundred.

They are close to signing ex Walsall, Blackburn, Norwich and Walsall Striker Simeon Jackson who got a hat-trick against Dundee United in Trial game he should be signed today (Friday 28th Sept and could play Sat 29th Sept vs Hibs) he's already announced it on his twitter that signed for club.  He hasn't been the best since leaving Norwich but could do a job if his attitude is right.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3261276/st-mirren-simeon-jackson-transfer-news-deal-hat-trick-bounce-game-oran-kearney/

ST MIRREN are ready to offer Simeon Jackson a deal after he bagged a hat-trick in a bounce game.

SunSport first revealed the Buddies had handed the ex-Blackburn and Norwich striker a trial.
New boss Oran Kearney is desperate to beef up his attacking options and wanted to see Jackson, 31, in action.

But the Paisley side will now move quickly to try to tie him up after he crashed in a treble in the friendly with Dundee United.

Jackson – capped 49 times by Canada – has been without a club since leaving Walsall at the end of last season.

If things go to plan he could become a Buddies player before the weekend and be considered for Saturday’s clash with Hibs.

The other is 29 year old ex Forest, Watford and Sheff Wed midfielder Lewis McGugan. He is having a second week trial next week!

https://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/16908572.oran-kearney-keen-on-simeon-jackson-and-lewis-mcgugan/

Former Blackburn and Norwich forward Jackson has been handed the chance to impress on trial and took advantage by scoring a hat-trick in a training ground bounce game with Dundee United.

Now Kearney has confirmed he is looking to push through signing talks with the 31-year-old Canada international.

McGugan, 29, is also on the Buddies boss' radar after he was invited to train with Kearney's Paisley squad - but it appears former Fiorentina youth Cedric Gondo will not be joining the Saints squad.

Kearney, who has signed goalkeeper Dean Lyness on a deal until the new year, said: "We had three trialists in but one has gone back.

"However, Simeon Jackson at this point in time has done well and looked quite positive. He scored a hat-trick in a bounce game this week and we'd be keen to do something there.

"Lewis McGugan is going to be with us for a week or so, so we'll see how that goes."

Kearney also revealed he is looking to trim his squad.

The former Coleraine boss was brought in earlier this month to clean up the mess made by Alan Stubbs, whose disastrous summer recruitment work saw him sacked just four games into the Ladbrokes Premiership season.

And now the new Saints manager has confessed he has too many players for his liking.

"It's a big squad we have," he said. "I think we're sitting around the 28, 29 or possibly even 30 mark. It's big and it's something we'll have to look at.

"We're still getting to know everybody and I suppose working out a good profile of the squad. It's a massive job and we know that. We have our targets for the season and the key thing now is we all knuckle down.

"The other key thing for me, having only been in the job a couple of weeks, was not to go in and make wholesale changes from day one based on being on the outside looking in.

READ MORE: Kearney insists Premiership success will not happen overnight

"But we're getting to the point now where we have a better understanding of the squad and it is something we're going to have to manage going forward. We've had a few bounce games the last few Tuesdays just to make sure I get a good look at the whole squad.

"I wouldn't say getting the squad size down to a more manageable level is the priority right now as, at the end of the day, the players are contracted, but it might depend on how players feel if they are out of the squad for three or four weeks at a time. Then it might become their choice."

Edited by Villan4Life

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That Gerrard fella seems to be doing well despite everyone here thinking he would be disaster. I knew he woukd do well as he has a lot of contacts he can rely on on the game 

It was going to go one of two ways, glad to see it has gone well so far.

It reminds me of the Souness years.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

That Gerrard fella seems to be doing well despite everyone here thinking he would be disaster. I knew he woukd do well as he has a lot of contacts he can rely on on the game 

Did everyone think it would be a disaster?

People probably hoped it would. Gerrard is a bit of a word removed and Rangers is a horrible club so they're a match made in heaven.

But I think most people know that any half decent manager could get Rangers back to the "top". They're still the 2nd biggest club in Scotland by a massive margin so it was only ever a matter of time until they got back there.

I imagine they'll be 2nd this year with Celtic winning it comfortably again.

It was a good job for him to take. Bit of bravery by moving out of the English leagues but still a job where he's going to have some success as long as he does a half decent job.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Did everyone think it would be a disaster?

People probably hoped it would. Gerrard is a bit of a word removed and Rangers is a horrible club so they're a match made in heaven.

But I think most people know that any half decent manager could get Rangers back to the "top". They're still the 2nd biggest club in Scotland by a massive margin so it was only ever a matter of time until they got back there.

I imagine they'll be 2nd this year with Celtic winning it comfortably again.

It was a good job for him to take. Bit of bravery by moving out of the English leagues but still a job where he's going to have some success as long as he does a half decent job.

There was a lot of posts from my knowledge that people said it woukd be a disaster. As you have said it was a smart career move as the league's shit up there and it woukd onky be a matter of time

Wont be long until he gets a bigger job in britain

Simeon Jackson (Ex Gillingha, Norwich & Walsall) my suggestion to club that ended up signing for St Mirren and had impressive debut against Hibs last weekend and nearly scored!

Adam Hammill (Ex Liverpool & Barnsley) another of my suggestions has signed for the club this week. Hammill is a massive coup and expect him to tear the league apart. 

Going to be watching the Aberdeen vs St Mirren match with interest this weekend see how both of them do.

Both should do a very good job at the club fully expect both to be the two star players, both only on short term deals until January but option to extend to end of the season

Have taken a massive interest in watching Scottish Football since last season.

Edited by Villan4Life

19 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

Simeon Jackson (Ex Gillingha, Norwich & Walsall) my suggestion to club that ended up signing for St Mirren and had impressive debut against Hibs last weekend and nearly scored!

Adam Hammill (Ex Liverpool & Barnsley) another of my suggestions has signed for the club this week. Hammill is a massive coup and expect him to tear the league apart. 

Going to be watching the Aberdeen vs St Mirren match with interest this weekend see how both of them do.

Both should do a very good job at the club fully expect both to be the two star players, both only on short term deals until January but option to extend to end of the season

Have taken a massive interest in watching Scottish Football since last season.

Hammill got no goals and 1 assist all last season in Championship in nearly 40 games, Alan Hutton got 2 assists in less games 

Simeon Jackson got 1 goal in less than 20 games between league 1 and 2

Lets be honest be shocking if either thrive

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Hammill got no goals and 1 assist all last season in Championship in nearly 40 games, Alan Hutton got 2 assists in less games 

_70447247_8819849.jpg

image.png.2ae6d38c8e65034fb2306ade395c2c37.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

_70447247_8819849.jpg

image.png.2ae6d38c8e65034fb2306ade395c2c37.png

Hammill has unfortunately got dislocated shoulder as Aberdeen saw him as dangerman and went to try hurt him. But Jackson has just scored a very good goal.

Not sure why but you always seem to have a pop at me @Zatman i have noticed that a lot lately from you.. may i ask why? I've worked hard to get where i am.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont have a pop at anybody mate. just giving opinions sometimes not very popular ;) 

Fair does just noticed lately had an opinion everytime i post on something. I do respect you as tbh mate you are pretty much a statto guy so when i'm wrong (i'm pretty good with stats but you even better) you put me right ;) 

Appreciate you clearing it up with me mate. We will agree to disagree. I reckon 10/12 for Jackson if gets to end of season. Looking like they might be relegated now.

The club had Loan deals agreed by Villa for McKirdy & Lyden in August just before McKirdy was injured and Lyden went to Oldham!! As i said they would do a good job and then last minute my old boss changed his mind. 

Apologises just thought came across most things i posted. But i can see now you have an opinion :) all's good

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

On 28/09/2018 at 08:59, Demitri_C said:

There was a lot of posts from my knowledge that people said it woukd be a disaster. As you have said it was a smart career move as the league's shit up there and it woukd onky be a matter of time

Wont be long until he gets a bigger job in britain

Haven't Rangers had their worst start to a season in 29 years?

Â