August Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Optimism Gauge 2014/5  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

The only reason i feel any degree of optimism is having Okore and Nzog back.  We have signed nobody that has cost any money and the free transfers I'm not excited about one bit. I think unless we get new owners before the january window its going to be another struggle against relegation.

Edited by PaulC

i'm actually feeling quite good about the upcoming season.....

i like a back four of hutton, vlaar, okore, cissokho.... much stronger defensively, and it feels like we now have a back four of men, rather than boys.... back up from senderos, clark, baker and herd in the middle, lowton and bacuna on the right and richardson and bennett on the left looks like some depth as well...

if we were to get carlos sanchez in to anchor the midfield, i like the look of us there as well... a starting three of delph, sanchez and cole, with back up from westwood, KEA, GG, bacuna

and then to the three up front.... while we wait for the big guys to get back, i like the front three of bent, gabby, zoggy for saturday, with weimann, richardson, grealish, as back up... throw in tekkers and libor after the international break in september, and thats a squad and starting XI that in my mind is much stronger and deeper than last year....

• Like 3

If we can get in Sanchez and Ki I'll be quite optimistic. 

By optimistic, I mean I don't think we'll be in a relegation dogfight. 

I'll be happy with a boring consistent 10-13th this season. I don't want the stress of last season. The occasional bragging right, Premiership security and a bit of optimism next season with a potential takeover will be good for me.

• Like 1

I've never looked forward to a season less. I'm actually miserable that football has returned.

I'm not miserable but I'm not especially looking forward to it.

The Stoke game will probably reveal a lot in that respect.

I've never looked forward to a season less. I'm actually miserable that football has returned.

Its almost like you and I have switched opinions/feelings. Will we ever be on the same page? :P

Its almost like you and I have switched opinions/feelings. Will we ever be on the same page? :P

Never say never - do you happen to like Christian Benteke? 

I'm somewhat excited.. I said to a colleague at work today that we'd finish 8th and I stick by that. When I made that prediction I had no idea how close we were to getting Sanchez so knowing that is almost nailed on I am even more confident in my prediction. 

• Like 3

If a strengthened defence can effectively carry us until the Benteke and Kozak get back into the side, then I'll be slightly more optimistic than I was a week ago. We are'nt going to rip any trees up, but there are signs that at least the powers that be are trying to utilise the finances in the right areas.

I'm somewhat excited.. I said to a colleague at work today that we'd finish 8th and I stick by that. When I made that prediction I had no idea how close we were to getting Sanchez so knowing that is almost nailed on I am even more confident in my prediction. 

:crylaugh: