Match Thread

theboyangel

Vlaar! Whats he saying damnit

"They're a bunch of clowns, a proper bunch of clowns. I hope to god Southampton put a bid in for me because I'll kill myself before I play another season with these idiots."*

*may not be 100% accurate

Another passionless and inept 45 minutes from the Villa unfortunately

Given -4. Got the Groningen ball rolling with a truly woeful clearance and the team haven't recovered since.

Senderos - 5. Wasn't doing too bad to be fair and then caught horribly out of position for their third

Baker - 5. As per Senderos, still does not look convincing at the back

Clark - 4. So many simple passes missed... not a left back

Westwood - 5. Neat and tidy but no one other than Delph around him

Delph - 6. The only one who looks like they can make something happen.

Gabby - 2. What is the point of playing? Looks like he's been told he's not getting a contract extension so doesn't care

Weimann - 2. Another invisible entity floating around the pitch

Richardson - 4. Too predictable out on the right, should be playing left (wing) back

Bent - 4. Deprived of service (shit, considering he has three players 'supporting' him)

Utterly poor, even for a preseason match.

Unfortunately I can see us allowing Vlaar to go to the highest bidder in an effort to afford new players - Lerner needs to get his chequebook out if he wants to sell his 'Premier League' club

We need a player who wants to have ball, someone who receive the pass and get it forward. We need someone like Coutinho. I'm not saying Coutinho himself but someone with the same attitude which we are able to afford! Delph and Westwood like to receive the ball and often find space in the middle of the park but they dosen't seem to be comfortable to take the ball forward. Ends up with a pass backwards or the wings. Please Lambert sign someone good, our matches are depressing and the thought of relegation next season is even more depressing!! I have exams waiting please I need some happiness and motivation #depressedguy  

Â