Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Yeah this is not going to be good for the country to exit the competition in this manner. Kinda worrying really. The only shot they had of justifying spending all this money on hosting the competition instead of on more important things along with easing the pain the deaths the construction accidents have caused is for Brazil to win the competition.

Maybe it will force them to face the real problems in their country, not get distracted by football.

Unlikely, they've got the Olympics in two years.  :ph34r:

Yup, I can totally sympathize with anyone protesting in Brazil at the moment. I'm amazed that they've kept so quiet throughout the tournament.  

I think some serious questions have to be asked about the Brazil team now. There are several players who don't deserve to be in this team, but Hulk always seems to play and Fred seems to have become some kind of un-droppable talisman. This should be the impetus for a major shake up and it's long overdue.

And I'm sorry, but David Luiz is terrible.

It's just an average average group of players.

Even in 2002 they were still putting out Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Rivaldo, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho who'd all be contenders for world 11 at the time.

Nowadays only the two missing would get anywhere near to that and even then Neymar was pretty average for Barca this season imo.

The whole make up of the squad is wrong, too many mediocre defensive plodders and not enough fantasy and their striking options are wretched.

how far would they have got if the referees had done what they should have

Probably the semis! Lets not forger they were the best team in their group and better than Chile and Colombia. They've been pummeled tonight but lets not rewrite history  :)

Always trust Mourinho, he spotted very early that Casillas was past it and look what happened in this world cup. And now he let Luiz go too.

Mourinho knows his stuff

It didn't really take tonight for people to know that David Luiz is a total liability. 

Jo to come on and score 6 goals to win it 

I have a feeling that the police in Rio are going to be very busy tonight, sadly

Not just Rio, every city...

• Like 1

I have a feeling that the police in Rio are going to be very busy tonight, sadly

Send in 'The Enforcer' 8pints.

This commentator sounds like he should be working for ITV.

Bored and unsure?

• Like 2