Semi-Finals: BRZ GER NED ARG

limpid

Really pitiful performance from Brazil who will all probably have to go into hiding after this. Astonishing collapse. I expected them to lose but not without a fight. This is simply incredible.

Yeah this is not going to be good for the country to exit the competition in this manner. Kinda worrying really. The only shot they had of justifying spending all this money on hosting the competition instead of on more important things along with easing the pain the deaths the construction accidents have caused is for Brazil to win the competition.

Maybe it will force them to face the real problems in their country, not get distracted by football.

Don't stop, go for 10!!!

I'll bet you the second half is dull.  It happens all the time when a team scores a hatful in the first half, the team on the losing end get a bollocking in the dressing room and put ten men behind the ball in the second half.  The team who are winning just collect the result. 

im hoping klose will try and stretch his record and keep the game going but im not convinced he's got the legs, expect him to go off after about an hour

Am I being melodramatic to say with this current squad Brazil are in for a major struggle to make the next world cup?

4 automatic spots and in with Argentina, Chile, Colombia and Uruguay. Presently I can only see them finishing above Uruguay although South American teams seem to have an inferiority complex playing Brazil.

Nevermind the mental scar a lot of these players will get from this game for years to come.

Edited by VillaChris

I think some serious questions have to be asked about the Brazil team now. There are several players who don't deserve to be in this team, but Hulk always seems to play and Fred seems to have become some kind of un-droppable talisman. This should be the impetus for a major shake up and it's long overdue.

And I'm sorry, but David Luiz is terrible.

Yeah this is not going to be good for the country to exit the competition in this manner. Kinda worrying really. The only shot they had of justifying spending all this money on hosting the competition instead of on more important things along with easing the pain the deaths the construction accidents have caused is for Brazil to win the competition.

Maybe it will force them to face the real problems in their country, not get distracted by football.

Nope, now they have the Olympics to prepare for. Should be fun.

Unlikely, they've got the Olympics in two years.  :ph34r:

There are going to be some serious riots tonight.

Yeah, police are starting to gear up.

After the 5th goal, there looked like a disturbance in the stands, don't think much came of it though. We'll see what happens at full time.